Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭limerickabroad

Thank you very much, RayCon - appreciate the info and the maps too! Also the info about the car parking, I'll run that by my mates (who I'm meeting at the gig) and I may go with that option. Thanks again, those of us about to rock salute you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭RayCon

Thanks again, those of us about to rock salute you!
    Have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Comerman

A couple of us are staying in the Paramount hotel in Tempel Bar, anyone know what the bar would be like after the gig? the Turks Head I believe it's called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Comerman wrote: »
    A couple of us are staying in the Paramount hotel in Tempel Bar, anyone know what the bar would be like after the gig? the Turks Head I believe it's called.

Probably terrible just like it is every other night.

I'm sure there will be a few 'after parties' thrown on by the usual spots, or just hit some rock bar after. Much better.

nm wrote: »
    Probably terrible just like it is every other night.

I'm sure there will be a few 'after parties' thrown on by the usual spots, or just hit some rock bar after. Much better.

Great:rolleyes: any other suggestions in that general area??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Head to the gypsy rose, on the quays just a few mins walk from where you are, you'll be surrounded by like minded souls with hardly any idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭lc180

I know you didn't ask but I feel obligated to tell you your hotel is 50 metres from Di Fontaines pizza place. It's deadly for a late night slice and the pizza is top notch!

Pizza or a kebab will be obligatory by the end of the night so thanks for the heads up and cheers Scudzilla for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you like trying new beers nip into the porterhouse. I would usually go there for 1 or 2 and head elsewhere. Its just across from the turks head. Zaytoon kebab shop is across from it which is pretty good, though no doubt that might spark some debate! You can sit and eat in it with proper cutlery etc, but still reasonable prices.

rubadub wrote: »
    If you like trying new beers nip into the porterhouse. I would usually go there for 1 or 2 and head elsewhere. Its just across from the turks head. Zaytoon kebab shop is across from it which is pretty good, though no doubt that might spark some debate! You can sit and eat in it with proper cutlery etc, but still reasonable prices.

Cheers for that rubadub, unusual to have a health and nutritionist mod recommending kebabs :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

Hi guys,

Im running a bus from mullingar to this, if you are interested in takinga spot on it, pm me.

c

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Anyone else still waiting on tickets been sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting on tickets been sent out?

Mine came a few days after I bought them.

And when I lost them,:o
    the replacements came the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

What time will the support act start anyone know also where would be close by to get a few pints in before the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Where are boardsies meeting up pre-gig?

Will Gypsy Rose be open early Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dominico Wanderbar

What time are AC/DC due on stage does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

Anyone need lifts from the midlands? My friend is driving a minibus, seats €20 return , proceeds go to charity. Message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

If anyone knows somebody selling 2 x standing tickets, will they PM me and let me know? I know it's a long shot but am sickened at the thought of not being there, especially as it coincides with my birthday and it's where half my friends will be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Will be there a pit with wristbands at this does anyone know? If so is it first come first served?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Getting a little excited now.

That 11 year old Edd sheeran fan son of mine does not know that he is going yet.

Should blow the ginger clean outta him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Penfailed

nm wrote: »
    Will be there a pit with wristbands at this does anyone know? If so is it first come first served?

I was wondering the same. Also, what's the bar and toilet facilities like?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

If anyone knows somebody selling 2 x standing tickets, will they PM me and let me know? I know it's a long shot but am sickened at the thought of not being there, especially as it coincides with my birthday and it's where half my friends will be!

Try here Charlietheminxx you might be lucky http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21974&start=135

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Penfailed wrote: »
    I was wondering the same. Also, what's the bar and toilet facilities like?

If you are in the stands (seated) the bars and toilets are the same as for any football/rugby match.

If you are on the pitch (standing) the toilets are portaloos and there are usually 2-3 bars around the standing area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

dubscottie wrote: »
    If you are on the pitch (standing) the toilets are portaloos and there are usually 2-3 bars around the standing area.

I've only been to one gig there, I was standing and I never saw any portaloos. Pretty sure there was an actual toilet. Could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

I've only been to one gig there, I was standing and I never saw any portaloos. Pretty sure there was an actual toilet. Could be wrong though.

They are in the tunnel that runs under the south and west stands. 100's of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

dubscottie wrote: »
    If you are in the stands (seated) the bars and toilets are the same as for any football/rugby match.
    I couldn't quite get over being at a gig, and still being able to sit on a decent loo, use toilet paper, wash my hands at a sink and have them blow dried - just seemed out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I got sorted with tickets... So excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,950 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

im in premium level block 323 Row A so no portaloos for me. Was up in premium for a few rugby game its not bad but nothing special, it bacisally has what other sections has but indoors and the seats are padded.

Anyone have idea whats at the merchandise stand, hope they have an irish limited edition t shirt

watching live at donnington 1991 blu ray now with a few bottles after a hard day at work

heres a pic from aviva stadium facebook, looks like there will be a stage walkway

148750_10153395441068382_6206677352313434082_n.jpg?oh=10a58d918af8749a8c86a8d94a175228&oe=562FF5EB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    hope they have an irish limited edition shirt

They defo do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

Looking forward to this gig. Should be great.

Never been to a gig in the Aviva. What entrance do they use for pitch standing?

Will there be a pit area?

Advertisement