Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,223 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd guess at the Darkness

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Bressie....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

villa2008 wrote: »
    Any word on support for this one. Its not going to be Slash or The Answer.

Black Star Riders maybe??
    it's sold out so probably a ****e MCD lickarse band or paddy casey.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Sweet Savage :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Bressie....

Oh God I hope not. But as said above, MCD will probably take the cheap and easy option and go for some Irish band that have no relevance to AC/DC fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

Oh God I hope not. But as said above, MCD will probably take the cheap and easy option and go for some Irish band that have no relevance to AC/DC fans.

Yeah, they will take the cheap option I guess seeing as the gig is already sold out, no need to sell more tickets by adding big name band / bands to line-up.

If they go Irish I'd like to see either Therapy or Black Star Riders and maybe somebody like The Strypes.

As suggested the Darkness would be really suitable support also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭lc180

Well the rumour is The Darkness are playing the Daytripper festival in Waterford this year. It's typically on the first weekend of July so I wouldn't be surprised if they played Dublin on July 1st with AC/DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re "If they go Irish I'd like to see either Therapy or Black Star Riders and maybe somebody like The Strypes".

Black Star Riders? Irish?
    4 Americans and 1 Northern Irishman.

poundhound wrote: »
    Re "If they go Irish I'd like to see either Therapy or Black Star Riders and maybe somebody like The Strypes".

Black Star Riders? Irish?
    4 Americans and 1 Northern Irishman.

Yeah, I guess your right, its just the whole Thin Lizzy songs thing. There is one Irish man in there. Anyway who cares, I was just making a suggestion.

The Darkness would be a great support I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Bressie....

lets not have a repeat of 2009!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

I think I already know the answer to this but...are there any tickets at all left?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I think I already know the answer to this but...are there any tickets at all left?

Keep an eye on the usual places. They will be popping up here and there.
    http://www.adverts.ie/concerts-festivals/ac-dc-tickets-aviva-stadium/7739511

• Registered Users Posts: 38,055 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Still no word on any support acts and the concert is a month or so away

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

On the tour wiki page, an American Blues band Vintage Trouble will be supporting them til 7 June…no info yet on the supports after that. Wouldn't be surprised if it's them again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Shop40 wrote: »
    On the tour wiki page, an American Blues band Vintage Trouble will be supporting them til 7 June…no info yet on the supports after that. Wouldn't be surprised if it's them again though.

I saw Vintage Trouble on Jools Holland a few years back. They'd be nice to listen to for 30 minutes or so to ease into the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,055 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I saw Vintage Trouble on Jools Holland a few years back. They'd be nice to listen to for 30 minutes or so to ease into the evening.

Saw them with Bon Jovi in 2011 in the rds. Pretty good

Vintage Trouble just confirmed that they will be supporting AC/DC on another 14 dates including Dublin. I've seen these guys twice over here at The Academy and Whelan's and they were great. Some great songs. Roll on the 1st of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Vintage Trouble a good support act, quality band.

The one thing I am struggling with is accommodaton for that night, jez the prices in Dublin are scary for that night, due to the concert I'm guessing.

Even considering a room at Trinity, anyone ever taken that option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

NIMAN wrote: »
    The one thing I am struggling with is accommodaton for that night, jez the prices in Dublin are scary for that night, due to the concert I'm guessing.
    568 possibilities here;

https://www.airbnb.ie/s/Dublin--Ireland?checkin=01-07-2015&checkout=02-07-2015&guests=2&source=bb&ss_id=3pt0sahb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭Comerman

Anyone still after tickets have a search around a website called TOUTLESS.COM it's a greatsite and exactly what it says "toutless" you might be lucky.

• Advertisement

RainyDay wrote: »

I realise there are a lot of places out there, but many are too expensive and too far away (hotels that is).
    I like the idea of being within walking distance to somewhere to stay once the gigs over, don't fancy the mayhem of trying to get a taxi to take me 15miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

There are places in the link for 65e?? Thats not expensive for anywhere in Ireland and a 5 min taxi trip from the Avia

https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/4027523?checkin=01-07-2015&checkout=02-07-2015&guests=2&s=48D-

Thanks for that, might check that one out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

NIMAN wrote: »
    I like the idea of being within walking distance to somewhere to stay once the gigs over,
    Good luck with that, as they say.

Landsdowne is fairly well connected to public transport. It won't be a huge problem to walk into town and connect to anywhere, or get a bus or DART out of town after the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 annca

Hi there,

I've two seated tickets (upper region) for the 1st of July gig in the Aviva. I would prefer standing, so wondering if anyone is interested in swapping a pair of standing tickets?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The warm up has started for me. I've created a playlist for my iPod of the current setlist. Can't feckin' wait!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭Comerman

annca wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've two seated tickets (upper region) for the 1st of July gig in the Aviva. I would prefer standing, so wondering if anyone is interested in swapping a pair of standing tickets?

Thanks.
    Have a look on toutless.com they are always swapping etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭limerickabroad

Hi all,

Long time listener, first time caller as they say.

I'm going to this gig, driving up from Limerick on Wednesday afternoon. Can't wait! Finish work at 2pm, hop in the car and off to the Aviva. 2 questions, if anybody could help.

1) What would be my best options for parking/driving near the Aviva, coming from the Limerick side? Or what would be good options for me, coming from Limerick, hitting Dublin around 5-ish?
    2) Any ideas of what time the gig will start? Would I have time to grab some food, etc, before Vintage Trouble hit the stage (obviously, I'm going to see AC/DC, but that's a cool support act too)?

Cheers y'all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

1) What would be my best options for parking/driving near the Aviva, coming from the Limerick side? Or what would be good options for me, coming from Limerick, hitting Dublin around 5-ish?

hhhmmmm ... coming from Limerick , you'll be coming into Dublin via the N7 I reckon. That means you'll come in via the Naas Rd. If I were you Id park the car at the Red Cow Park and Ride and get the Luas down to the O2 / Point (last stop on the line) ... then walk across the East Link Bridge to the Aviva.

http://www.luas.ie/red-cow-car-park.html

If you want to stay in the car , I would stay on the N7 , flow straight through M50 junction and then come down the Long Mile Rd , onto the Canal and follow that right down to Baggot St. / Haddington Rd area. There's street parking around the canal area / haddington Rd. It Yellow Zone Park (highest Demand) - €2.90 per hour valid until 7pm (after 7pm it's free)

351823.JPG

Canal / Haddington Rd
    351824.JPG

It's 5pm so it's going to be heavy traffic to matter what route you take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Would love to get tickets for this! Going to be an awesome gig :(

Advertisement