Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Tickets on ticketmaster restricted view east stand block 504 anyobe know hiw bad they would be

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭ts_editor

I'm the same (slightly older though!). I generally stand at gigs with my arms folded, head nodding away but, like you, going crazy inside.

I wonder am I qualified to attend this gig?
    How many albums do you own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

ralphie wrote: »
    How would you know if these tickets are genuine or not.

Got to any Turnstile and ask the supervisor to scan your ticket.. Tell them you may think it may be fake etc and they will tell you..

Warning though!

Don't try to enter the stadium with a ticket if you think is bogey..

If it is marked as stolen the ticket(s) will be seized and the Garda called so make sure you are buying from legit sources.. Otherwise you may be listening to the concert from Ringsend copshop!

Also AC/DC are doing one night only..Confirmed..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I have 2 seated ticlkets for sale (face value obviously). Anyone interested please PM me or see add on toutless:

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21974

post number 24 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

dubscottie wrote: »
    Got to any Turnstile and ask the supervisor to scan your ticket.. Tell them you may think it may be fake etc and they will tell you..

Warning though!

Don't try to enter the stadium with a ticket if you think is bogey..

If it is marked as stolen the ticket(s) will be seized and the Garda called so make sure you are buying from legit sources.. Otherwise you may be listening to the concert from Ringsend copshop!

Also AC/DC are doing one night only..Confirmed..

I was asking about buying tickets on Donedeal and how would know if you were being scammed.Obviously it's too late when you turn up at the turnstile and find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I guess you could ask to see the receipts that come along with the tickets. And maybe ID with the name of the ticket buyer on it.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

ralphie wrote: »
    I was asking about buying tickets on Donedeal and how would know if you were being scammed.Obviously it's too late when you turn up at the turnstile and find out.

The last time they played the O2 , I bought a ticket from a guy and met him at the TM kiosk(his suggestion) in Stephens Green, they checked it and said it was legit....so was happy to part with the cash.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Grid. wrote: »
    The last time they played the O2 , I bought a ticket from a guy and met him at the TM kiosk(his suggestion) in Stephens Green, they checked it and said it was legit....so was happy to part with the cash.;)

Was it an e-ticket, delivered by email? If so, the real question is not so much about whether it is legit, but whether he has sold the same ticket to 10 others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭overshoot

Just wondering, anyone buy the restricted view tickets around Christmas and still waiting?
    My neighbour sometimes gets my mail!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

overshoot wrote: »
    Just wondering, anyone buy the restricted view tickets around Christmas and still waiting?
    If your neighbour sometimes gets your mail then why would you not opt for e-tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

overshoot wrote: »

I did. Didn't get them yet. Wouldn't be too worried about it. They'll come soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭overshoot

If your neighbour sometimes gets your mail then why would you not opt for e-tickets?
    ah rarely happens, he drops it over anyway, actually got my slane tickets so made me paranoid, these are a bit more valuable! plus just prefer having the real thing for the collection, print outs arent the same!
    akamossy wrote: »
    I did. Didn't get them yet. Wouldn't be too worried about it. They'll come soon enough
    good man, just thought id check when the initial batch went out so fast

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

RainyDay wrote: »
    Was it an e-ticket, delivered by email? If so, the real question is not so much about whether it is legit, but whether he has sold the same ticket to 10 others.

No... and i'm not sure i would tbh, i've only once bought an e-ticket and met the person at the venue and agreed to have it scanned and gain admittance before paying.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

Hi all,

There are more restricted view tickets available on ticketmaster.ie right now if anyone interested…..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

How bad are these?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Hey Guys,
    I didn't manage to get tickets the morning they went on sale. I read a comment on here (cant find it now to quote it) that premium Aviva ticket holders have an option to purchase tickets for concerts, once this option is gone and hasn't been taken up these tickets will go on general sale. Please tell me this is true and it hasn't happened already. I've been watching out for it. I've no notion of giving a tout big money or buying off done deal or some other site and finding out on the night the ticket is a fake. I`m more than open to getting on a cheap flight to Germany or London to see them (from what I hear its an almost certainty there will be another night added to both venues). First choice though would be a decent standing seat in the Aviva, what are my chances?

"Rock and roll will never die"

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

sasta le wrote: »
    How bad are these?
    Agreed… last resort..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Surely paying €69 for a side angle is a better option than paying €97 to sit the opposite end of the stadium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

poundhound wrote: »
    Surely paying €69 for a side angle is a better option than paying €97 to sit the opposite end of the stadium?

Depends on how much of the view is blocked. If it's only the drums and Stevie/Cliff, fair enough if you can't see Brian or Angus for good parts of the set, I wouldn't agree. You might not even be able to get a sight of the screens either.

No one knows really how much of the view is restricted but as said above, I'd prefer to pay €69 than pay some tout over the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re "You might not even be able to get a sight of the screens either."

Im sure MCD have a duty to make sure the angle is not too severe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

poundhound wrote: »
    Re "You might not even be able to get a sight of the screens either."

Im sure MCD have a duty to make sure the angle is not too severe.

For regular seats yes. But for seats designated as 'restricted view', I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

For regular seats yes. But for seats designated as 'restricted view', I don't know.

I agree. That's the whole point of letting the buyer beware of the restricted view.

Be the luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭Penfailed

First choice though would be a decent standing seat in the Aviva, what are my chances?

What's a standing seat?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,055 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

who else thinks the support bill should include The Darkness (i knw there doing an irish tour)

i think they would tie in well with acdc

7pm- The Answer or some other Irish rock band, Black Star Riders/Therapy etc
    7.40-8.40- The Darkness
    9.10-11.00- ACDC

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    who else thinks the support bill should include The Darkness (i knw there doing an irish tour)

i think they would tie in well with acdc

7pm- The Answer or some other Irish rock band, Black Star Riders/Therapy etc
    7.40-8.40- The Darkness
    9.10-11.00- ACDC

Id like Slash as support unless he does not play anywhere during the summer. The Answer are good but ive seen them a few times at this time and would not mind seeing someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,055 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sitting in section 323 Row A but there are better restricted view tickets closer to the stage so i feel a bit cheated

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Tickets arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Id like Slash as support unless he does not play anywhere during the summer. The Answer are good but ive seen them a few times at this time and would not mind seeing someone else.

Slash made a reference at the gig last November to playing in Ireland this Summer, but - although I may be wrong - I would guess MCD would not be inclined to put on a high profile support like Slash at AC/DC, because they don't need to, as a result of the way the gig sold out so quickly.

Perhaps Slash would be more likely to appear at Slane, to help sell more tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Won't be slash he's playing in Hungary on the same date, can't see it being anyone big as its a sell out already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

Any word on support for this one. Its not going to be Slash or The Answer.

Black Star Riders maybe??

Advertisement