Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn a song in to average language and see can anyone guess it

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Sugary infant belonging to me.

Sweet Child O' Mine

Some time in the distant past, yet it is possible for me to recall
    the manner in which the melodic sounds made my face express pleasure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Existing on a message to god.

Slow down there...we've got 50% of the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Existing on a message to god.

Living on a prayer!

osarusan wrote: »
    Sweet Child O' Mine

Some time in the distant past, yet it is possible for me to recall
    the manner in which the melodic sounds made my face express pleasure

American pie.

Everyone should know the below song.

We sing a tune, a military tune,
    With a happy motivating refrain,
    We gather around our fire
    The clear night sky above us
    Cant wait for the battle
    We will wait until dawn
    Here in the dead of dark
    We sing a military song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

May I amuse myself with insanity

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Everyone should know the below song.

We sing a tune, a military tune,
    With a happy motivating refrain,
    We gather around our fire
    The clear night sky above us
    Cant wait for the battle
    We will wait until dawn
    Here in the dead of dark
    We sing a military song.

That would be the national anthem?

You have all things except a paradoxical chilly element.
    You are the sum of my tranquility, I elevated my position to occupy a space in your presence.

Completely weary, a feeling caused by the space above our heads. This is an illusion to expand our field of vision.
    Your capacity for love could be devastated.

(refrain)
    Your lingering recollections are of old films.
    Your poise is all I need to sing of the time I loved the most beautiful celestial being.

Frito wrote: »

Correct!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Sam Smith I know I'm not the only one.

Present yourself covered in dirt. Drenched in alkaline cleaning agent. Present yourself as I would like you to be, As a fad, as an ally, as a known mental image.

No one even attempted mine :( :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Come as you are, Nirvana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

A-Ha - Take on me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

You are the sound try to get that through to your head, make a sound and make sure it's there for all to see

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

lukesmom wrote: »
    You are the sound try to get that through to your head, make a sound and make sure it's there for all to see

John Farnam "The Voice"

Your self doubt is a head scratcher,
    but your entrance is a head snatcher,
    no cover up required,
    you suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

groovie wrote: »
    John Farnam "The Voice"

Your self doubt is a head scratcher,
    but your entrance is a head snatcher,
    no cover up required,
    you suffice

One Direction, What Makes You Beautiful
    [/shame]
    Frito wrote: »

You have all things except a paradoxical chilly element.
    You are the sum of my tranquility, I elevated my position to occupy a space in your presence.

Completely weary, a feeling caused by the space above our heads. This is an illusion to expand our field of vision.
    Your capacity for love could be devastated.

(refrain)
    Your lingering recollections are of old films.
    Your poise is all I need to sing of the time I loved the most beautiful celestial being.

Bowie, Prettiest Star

There are strange, stupid, intolerant, and crazy people consuming herion, cocaine, and a variety of sweet, spicy, blended tobacco. Masturbatory acts are being performed upon others in the lavatory, as is oral sex on the steps leading to the next floor. Soft bedding has been laid out between the walls leaving no room for seating. The hosts have neglected to provide any cola to drink, and I seem to have misplaced my jacket. This social gathering is quite improper and I'm contemplating returning to my place of residence.

Music is playing at high volumes and makes me sad. I notice many young females removing their clothing, which is predominantly black. Young males speak rather indistinctly and indicate that they don't feel any possible negative consequences of their behaviour could materially affect them. They proceed to inhale the fumes from common household cleaners, which causes the involuntarily expulsion of the contents of their lungs and stomachs through their nose and mouth. Some of the ejected bodily fluids soil their footwear. I find it unpleasant to watch, so I try to focus upon a particular woman who has a German Shepherd dog.

I must emphasize that I regard this social gathering to be rather indecent and immoral, and it is my intent to leave and return to my abode.

I find it hard to empathise and relate to the younger generation as, after simple enquiring about the possibility of obtaining a drink of water, a female musician has effectively prevented me from leaving. She plays the drums so it's possible her hearing is impaired, perhaps she misunderstood my original question. She's actually of a similar age to my own daughter. I'm now bewildered by her behaviour, it far exceeds the general overindulgence attributed to the aristrocracy of the Roman Empire.

Her ability to perform that operation single-handedly perplexes me, as do the actions of another man who shares strikingly similar features to me. I am mistaken, I am in fact looking at a mirror and the aforementioned man is, of course, me. I am now in quite a predicament. The condition of the floor is such that I cannot speak of it, and the ceiling is covered with a layer of dirt and grease. I wish my mother could instantaenously teleport me away from my present location, perhaps using the kind of technology featured on Star Trek.

Finally, I must stress that the event I have attended is extremely indecent, and I would like to return to my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Wait a second, African American Elizabeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭DeadHand

As well as this you have the gall to brand me an insurgent
    At the same time using the sight on your weapon
    At times I'm cognisant of every deed commited by you

keano_afc wrote: »
    Wait a second, African American Elizabeth.

WHOA, BLACK BETTY!

*ahem Black Betty- Ram Jam or Lead Belly

Apologies I skipped, thought you were answering the poster above you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

ectoraige wrote: »
    One Direction, What Makes You Beautiful
    [/shame]

Bowie, Prettiest Star

There are strange, stupid, intolerant, and crazy people consuming herion, cocaine, and a variety of sweet, spicy, blended tobacco. Masturbatory acts are being performed upon others in the lavatory, as is oral sex on the steps leading to the next floor. Soft bedding has been laid out between the walls leaving no room for seating. The hosts have neglected to provide any cola to drink, and I seem to have misplaced my jacket. This social gathering is quite improper and I'm contemplating returning to my place of residence.

Music is playing at high volumes and makes me sad. I notice many young females removing their clothing, which is predominantly black. Young males speak rather indistinctly and indicate that they don't feel any possible negative consequences of their behaviour could materially affect them. They proceed to inhale the fumes from common household cleaners, which causes the involuntarily expulsion of the contents of their lungs and stomachs through their nose and mouth. Some of the ejected bodily fluids soil their footwear. I find it unpleasant to watch, so I try to focus upon a particular woman who has a German Shepherd dog.

I must emphasize that I regard this social gathering to be rather indecent and immoral, and it is my intent to leave and return to my abode.

I find it hard to empathise and relate to the younger generation as, after simple enquiring about the possibility of obtaining a drink of water, a female musician has effectively prevented me from leaving. She plays the drums so it's possible her hearing is impaired, perhaps she misunderstood my original question. She's actually of a similar age to my own daughter. I'm now bewildered by her behaviour, it far exceeds the general overindulgence attributed to the aristrocracy of the Roman Empire.

Her ability to perform that operation single-handedly perplexes me, as do the actions of another man who shares strikingly similar features to me. I am mistaken, I am in fact looking at a mirror and the aforementioned man is, of course, me. I am now in quite a predicament. The condition of the floor is such that I cannot speak of it, and the ceiling is covered with a layer of dirt and grease. I wish my mother could instantaenously teleport me away from my present location, perhaps using the kind of technology featured on Star Trek.

Finally, I must stress that the event I have attended is extremely indecent, and I would like to return to my house.

Very Naughty Party - Toasted Heretic.

I realised the reality of the situation when I was still legally a child,
    Feelings of passion were reserved for female winners of competitions concerning aesthetic qualities.

MelanieC wrote: »

Feelings of passion were reserved for female winners of competitions concerning aesthetic qualities.

Janis Ian- at 17

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

MelanieC wrote: »

Janis Ian - 'Seventeen' - sorry double post.

• Advertisement

Eddie do you see the inviting glow? this evening will be the last evening you ever have on earth, a female told how she has the knowledge that her boy has passed away and she won't ever lay her fingers on his holy skull

Eddie do you see the inviting glow? this evening will be the last evening you ever have on earth, a female told how she has the knowledge that her boy has passed away and she won't ever lay her fingers on his holy skull

The Smiths...suffer little children. Great song!

When doing the same thing at a certain time becomes boring, and aspirations are decreasing a lot, and desperation gallops up above, but feelings won't expand any further.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

When doing the same thing at a certain time becomes boring, and aspirations are decreasing a lot, and desperation gallops up above, but feelings won't expand any further.......

Love Will Tear Us Apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

It's a hectic cnut of a day to start the week with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

It's a hectic cnut of a day to start the week with

I don't like mondays - boomtown rats.

I went and got my head examined by an large aeroplane

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I implore you,I implore you,I implore you, on this occasion allow what I desire to be mine.

Interslice wrote: »
    I don't like mondays - boomtown rats.

I went and got my head examined by an large aeroplane

Nope

I was eating the face of a silent actor on the banks of the Tiber

I implore you,I implore you,I implore you, on this occasion allow what I desire to be mine.

Please don't go KC and the Sunshine Band

I know it's not right but it's a better song!

• Advertisement

I was right?!

Yay, have it cranked up to 80 on the surround sound, singing me heart out and the dog's going mental, thank fcuk I have no neighbours!:pac:

Advertisement