Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Hard fought 1-0 win over Sevilla sees us leap frog them into 6th place.

Thanks to the outside influence for advice on tweaking my tactics which have produced 2 big wins. Pity there is still 8 games to go!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Estudiantes de LP beat FC Basel 4 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Balotelli scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ki and El Ghazi were also amongst the goalscorers.

Sundays round of games is absolutely vital for us. Third placed Flamengo travel to Belgium to face 7th placed Anderlecht, but of course the big one is Lyon Vs Rangers, 1st Vs 2nd.

Meanwhile we host Valencia. We simply have to win that game to take advantage of whichever side will slip up at the top.

Also, it's nice to see Mario Balotelli fighting it out with Carlos Bacca for that top goalscorer trophy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,977 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Massive 1-0 win against bottom placed Inter to put me 3 clear of the relegation zone,

Up next 2nd bottom Espanyol, make or break!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Wilberto wrote: »
    Sundays round of games is absolutely vital for us. Third placed Flamengo travel to Belgium to face 7th placed Anderlecht, but of course the big one is Lyon Vs Rangers, 1st Vs 2nd.

Meanwhile we host Valencia. We simply have to win that game to take advantage of whichever side will slip up at the top.

Also, it's nice to see Mario Balotelli fighting it out with Carlos Bacca for that top goalscorer trophy! :)

That shouldn't be a problem. I'm like Gary Neville here and have zero clue what i'm doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Anyone play the TopEleven2016 App?

Looking to add a few to an association (boards sm) from here ... or get some Friendly games in...

Not sure how you find other managers on there but Im 'GT TDI 150' on there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Oblak had one of his off night! That coupled with Hazard sitting out tonight and the next 2 have killed any tiny ambitions of winning the league I had!

Still 4th though, living the dream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Tight at the top

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

1-0 loss to a second string Liverpool team :rolleyes:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Its going to be thight down the bottow of D1. So a win against any team below me in the table is vital from here on in.

3-2 against Spurs... they came back from 3-0 down but we managed to hang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Can we end the season now?

• Advertisement

Maldjd23 wrote:

You've every chance man!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Yet another loss in this game because the low rated keeper of the opposition has puts in a man of the match display.

Throughout all of the leagues I'm in this happens way more than it realistically should. Sometimes it feels like that SM control the results of games by just getting one keeper to have a stormer while the other has a stinker. I've noticed it for a while now. I'd probably be topping the league if I had Daniel Bentley in goal from the start. :pac:

Now I definitely know why Hercule left initially.

That said though, at least it was against a team who really needed the three points even more than us!

2-1 come from behind win over Leverkusen keeps us in 6th place.

Comes at a cost though as Roberto Pereyra is now out for 3 games at a vital time with tough run of games coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Wilberto wrote: »
    That said though, at least it was against a team who really needed the three points even more than us!

Im really not understanding this game. I set out to defend and counter. We ended up with more posession against a far better team.
    Makes up for the unexplainable loss against Galatasary last week which we dominated. Only 6 points off safety now!

s.welstead wrote: »
    Im really not understanding this game. I set out to defend and counter. We ended up with more posession against a far better team.
    Makes up for the unexplainable loss against Galatasary last week which we dominated. Only 6 points off safety now!

He's figured it out .... Its pure random :p

Example ... Man City won D2 twice, GOT RELEGATED, got promoted and WON the league again within 2 seasons ... only to struggle again the next season ..

Yeah I've noticed that gaolkeepers seem to have a disproportionate about of 9/10 games.

I can't complain though, Muslera has picked up the most MOTM awards in my team :o

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Could we end the match in the 88th minute?

Lads.... Anyone read that Aurier is going to JAIL for 2 years!

2 months, and looks unlikely he'll actually see jail time by the looks of things

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/26/serge-aurier-psg-two-month-prison-sentence-police-nightclub

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Elbowed a copper or something. Read about it last week. Doubt he'll do time. Likely suspended with a fine and community service or something

Yeah... heard the 2 month thing alright ... and that meunier will be getting more game time because of it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

GLaDOS wrote: »
    2 months, and looks unlikely he'll actually see jail time by the looks of things

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/26/serge-aurier-psg-two-month-prison-sentence-police-nightclub
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Elbowed a copper or something. Read about it last week. Doubt he'll do time. Likely suspended with a fine and community service or something
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Yeah... heard the 2 month thing alright ... and that meunier will be getting more game time because of it ;)

He isn't going to jail...
    Nothing to see here...
    Never happened......
    Rumours spread by some team below me in the table...:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Boom!

First piece of silverware in the gameworld as Hanover beat Fiorentina 5-0 in the shield Final

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Boom!

First piece of silverware in the homework as Hanover beat Fiorentina 5-0 in the shield Final

That's a new one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Two of my players have SM blog posts about them now, they're definitely jinxed now

Oh SM.... you are a cruel one....

Biggest game of the season for me next up, 4th vs 5th....

Micky-Ryan, Eriksen AND Hazard out....

Some chance of clinging on to 4th!

Caught on an off day by Bayern ... any other day we'd hammer them but not today :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Beat the mighty Man City 1-0, my tactics was let themselves tire like a 2 year old and then put them to bed when knackered.

• Advertisement

Disastrous night for Malaga in our chase for a play off place.
    Beaten 3 1 at home to Sporting with Sandro getting a straight red against his former side meaning he misses the next 3 games. Vazquez also has to sit out the next game with a suspension all on top of Pereyra injury means we are really scrapping a team together for Sunday nights game.

Checks fixtures and it's against Chelsea #Balls

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement