Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Learned the hard way.....

Don't mind what others say/think...... Your team bud

But the burning question is when are the playoffs on? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Not really following the world of soccer much lately.
    Anyone know anything about Adrien Silva of Sporting?
    Had a few pm's about him lately.

He's ****e!

Sell him to Chelsea....

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Mourinho wrote: »
    Just on the point you've raised here.

I have pain stakenly built my young team into a first 11 with every player 89+ and a good few more rising up slowly to the first eleven and tbh it took a long time and was very frustrating.

I get lads offering me 30 year old 91s and that for some younger 89s and I know well will be making at least 90 within a year or so.

Why would I waste a top young player just to get a high rated older player who I would never be able to replace in future as that older 91 is only going one way.

When I took over Schalke there was a good team for that specific time but I knew if I was to have any chance of ever getting to D1 and stay there I had to become Del Boy and wheel and deal to bring in top youths and just wait on them to rise. I often swapped 89s from my first team and brought in say an 87 and 85 and had to suffer league wise and dropped down to D3 but I knew it would come good eventually.

Most lads just won't deal on here and a lot want your best players for nothing or else want a ridiculous deal to suit them and cripple you.

I was trying to offer Moreno Rodrigo a very good 89 that plays for Valencia and would ya believe lads wouldn't even swap for a good young 87/88 even when I offered to throw in Mastour or Odergaard plus a sweetener like Marcus Rashford of Man United.

Then you have all these clubs that will never be managed again with one or two good players wasting away there. If lads could pick them up they might be open to more deals as you would know your 99% sure to pick up a decent 89 eventually at a team that's left unmanaged.

You won't win anything with kids :P

It is a great looking team .. my point was (not directed at you) that sometimes an older player will keep his rating for a long time (Giggs and Scholes were 90 rated into their late 30s; Lampard and Gerrard are still 90 rated).

I also agree that we should be allowed buy from unmanaged teams. It is stifling. The new rules means that you can't buy off concerns anymore .. so if players don't play they will request a move.

the argument that nobody will want to manage LA Galaxy in Div 4 .. well ... this is the Boards.ie SM league .. and people should be queueing up to get involved and taking the challenge of rejuventating a sleeping giant etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

You won't win anything with kids :P

It is a great looking team .. my point was (not directed at you) that sometimes an older player will keep his rating for a long time (Giggs and Scholes were 90 rated into their late 30s; Lampard and Gerrard are still 90 rated).

I also agree that we should be allowed buy from unmanaged teams. It is stifling. The new rules means that you can't buy off concerns anymore .. so if players don't play they will request a move.

the argument that nobody will want to manage LA Galaxy in Div 4 .. well ... this is the Boards.ie SM league .. and people should be queueing up to get involved and taking the challenge of rejuventating a sleeping giant etc.

I often think of Alan Hansen when looking at my squad :p

Oh I know it wasn't directed at me lad and I wasn't directing my tangent at anyone just throwing in my 2c :p

Yeah exactly my point, if you gave me 2 players for 1 and you felt feck am short a defender you'd know you'd eventually pick up an 89 somewhere of you could buy from unmanaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Keeping older players is a risk tho.... Cambiasso...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Whilst I am more than happy with my first 11, I would be in favour of revisiting this..

There are just far too many good players at unmanaged teams going to waste.

Another vote maybe?

Mobile site acting the wanker for anyone else?

Just an update on Hazard:

Two fantastic offers that I'm struggling to choose between - might have to toss a coin or something.....

Who'd have thought managing a big boy would be so stressful!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Keeping older players is a risk tho.... Cambiasso...

Thanks for reminding me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

one I am struggling to know what to do with is Alonso he is currently rated 94 and will hold that till at the very least until the end of this season.

However it has got to a stage where he is pretty much worth nothing in this gameworld due to the focus on youth from everyone.

I was considering selling him but to be honest he might be worth more to me over the next 5/6 gw seasons as a 90+ rated player.

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    one I am struggling to know what to do with is Alonso he is currently rated 94 and will hold that till at the very least until the end of this season.

However it has got to a stage where he is pretty much worth nothing in this gameworld due to the focus on youth from everyone.

I was considering selling him but to be honest he might be worth more to me over the next 5/6 gw seasons as a 90+ rated player.

I would hold on unless you get a player in return you cant refuse. Hes surely 90+ for 3-4-5 sm seasons yet

Who'd have thought managing a big boy would be so stressful!

Try 2!!

Try 2!!

Think hes refering to the club = big boy.... Not players = big boy.

Omg did u just admit to managing 2 bigboys ........:eek:

:D

Omg did u just admit to managing 2 bigboys ........:eek:

:D

Maybe he got spit roasted by Messi and Neymar.....?

Too much? :pac:

Seriously **** the SM mobile site.

When I click on my club it stays there loading and eventually gives an error.

I'm using the app now but it doesn't notify for chat or PMs or anything.

****in joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

****in joke.

Can't get on the app at the moment, just keeps loading

GT_TDI_150 wrote:
    Think hes refering to the club = big boy.... Not players = big boy.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

****in joke.

Since the update I haven't been able to use the mobile site, pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Mobile site is fine for me, I just use through chrome and not as an app though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

People dont do deal --> there's complaints that managers arent active enough, infrequency of deals

People do deals --> there is complaints over the sanity of the deals, imbalance of the deals, the reason behind the deals, the frequency of the deals...

Cant win

You don't post, people say nothing.

You do post, they make hyperbolic counter-posts dismissing the inherent wisdom of your words which you took AGES to tink up THEN write down.

Can't win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ryand14

Have had a couple of decent offers for geis lately, so I'm thinking of letting him go for the right offer.....if anyone's interested?

Anderlecht btw

baza Rakus wrote: »
    You don't post, people say nothing.

You do post, they make hyperbolic counter-posts dismissing the inherent wisdom of your words which you took AGES to tink up THEN write down.

Can't win.
    Nice comeback!

Wtf the mobile site works via the google chrome mobile browser but not Safari and I've cleared it in settings very odd.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Mobile site has always worked for me on Dolphin browser

Deals for Dzeko, Monreal and Kolarov leaving Benfica have been reached, nobody is leaving until after Thursday's game though :D

Cabaye (91) and a couple of decent 90 rated players still there if people are interested.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Colemania wrote: »
    But the burning question is when are the playoffs on? :P

Trying to look at the schedule from last year but doesn't seem to want to load.

I think the playoff semi will be on Saturday, then the final Monday. It's definitely a short break between the semi and the final. Worth bearing in mind in terms of resting players in the final fixture.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hugs to Andre Schurrle who has played his last game for Spurs and is off to US Palmero. He's taking Valerio Verre with him.

In his place, Marek Hamsik will be coming to White Heart Lane.

Thanks to US Palmero for easy negotiations :) The rebuilding at Spurs has kicked off now :D

_______
    Vidal Savic Koscielny ______
    Hamsik _______
    _______ Isco Mane
    ______

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Wtf the mobile site works via the google chrome mobile browser but not Safari and I've cleared it in settings very odd.

You lost me at "the".

baza Rakus wrote: »
    You lost me at "the".

I got lost in Dunnes once, there I have you trumped :p

I got lost in Dunnes once, there I have you trumped :p

Was it in the lingerie department....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Was it in the lingerie department....?