Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Opening it up will only benifit the bigger richer teams even more imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

redzerdrog wrote: »

How exactly?

How exactly?

Some teams have nearly 100m to spend others have feck all!! Rich teams gets even better players while poor sides stand pat

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Some teams have nearly 100m to spend others have feck all!! Rich teams gets even better players while poor sides stand pat

Theres a few loaded alright. Unfortunately the oil ran dry at City a long time ago :(:p

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

I take it you don't watch Serie A then?

Started the last 9 of ac milans seire A matches since getting his debut and will continue as the no.1 for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

As someone said earlier, in the copa league we had time to generate some money. By all means go ahead with it but can it be done next season to give everyone a fair chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Tourism is really bad in Portugal this year ...no money in Porto.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

then raise some money ... do some research, buy young players on the rise and sell for profit. Nothing stays the same .. the rich teams today are the poor teams tomorrow if the managers don't do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

then raise some money ... do some research, buy young players on the rise and sell for profit. Nothing stays the same .. the rich teams today are the poor teams tomorrow if the managers don't do anything.

Or you could jump ship to a team with lots of money, and leave behind a team that while decent is also broke....

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

+1 on this. I am contantly broke but im always looking for players that will rise to sell on for profit to buy good youths with

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I suppose the knock on effect is more players will be sold to raise cash, meaning other teams can pick them up.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

redzerdrog wrote:

If they have 100 mil, you have 5... And ye are both going for the same player and 5 is the max then both teams have an equal shot...

Let's say that you get beat to the player to a big team, and he goes there, sits on the bench for a season or so.... He's BACK available again, where as now, you literally have no shot of getting said player.....

You can't fail to see the up side man....

modo85 wrote:
    Started the last 9 of ac milans seire A matches since getting his debut and will continue as the no.1 for the rest of the season.

Stars and watching Seria A are totally different things mate.... While Milan are on the right road to recovery, they are miles and miles away from being the Milan of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

If they have 100 mil, you have 5... And ye are both going for the same player and 5 is the max then both teams have an equal shot...

Let's say that you get beat to the player to a big team, and he goes there, sits on the bench for a season or so.... He's BACK available again, where as now, you literally have no shot of getting said player.....

You can't fail to see the up side man....
    I'm guessing he's thinking more along the lines of a player like Bony that he can't afford and a team in the same Division could. The knock on would be the bigger team would sell a player, both teams would see an improvement I guess tho.

I used to be against this and would be while 2/3 of the bigger teams aren't filled but I don't think we have much hope of filling some of the teams anymore and the existing teams will all see a benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Panathanaikos have reluctantly put some of their young stars on the transfer list. They are the only ones so far that will be let go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

As myself and especially Tonic Wine who remembered this GW when buying was on, the current situation that we find ourselves in could be seen long coming.

I will again give my Basel story in short. A team with one 88 and the rest was 87s but the club had 70m.

I managed to easily grab 3-4 89s for cash from unmanaged and also a couple good 88s at the time. Unmanaged was then turned off and that was it hadn't a chance of being competitive.

The only option after that til now is buying new youths and waiting on risers and trading for up and comers , something I've done successfully at FC Schalke. But the trouble with this is three quarters of people will not do this its too boring and I don't blame them.

I don't care at this stage and I'm gonna say it I want this GW to cater to its PLAYERS not the fantasy 30 managers who have apparently been coming in according to some with ages and also that will stay long term.

The GOOD league allows unmanaged buying and I took over Bayer Leverkusen in D4 with a rubbish team and now have a first 11 with every player over 89. 89s and 90s can be bought for reasonable cash amounts as people aren't afraid to sell in case they can't pick up a replacement.

New concern rules are in, you can't buy up a ton of 89s and sit on them, if you try to play then the higher rates lads get concerned faster. Then a concerned players values goes down ruining the quality of a deal.

However I would readily agree with a season wait until it's turned on to let lads sell and build up cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Another season and another near signing....Last season it was Isco now it's Hazard...

Fair play Porto, if anyone was to get him i am glad it was you. Fair play to Chelsea aswell, kept me up to date with negotiations and he has told me i can have Varane as a consolation....

I expect him in the post!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Are the new concern rules actually laid out anywhere? The SM site seems to just have the old ones up.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Mourinho wrote:
    I don't care at this stage and I'm gonna say it I want this GW to cater to its PLAYERS not the fantasy 30 managers who have apparently been coming in according to some with ages and also that will stay long term.

Pretty much word for word what I said last time out, and I said we would loose managers rather than gain and going by the amount of managed clubs right now (and last few seasons) I called it right, tbf it was an easy call.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

so proud!

sniff

• Advertisement

Are the new concern rules actually laid out anywhere? The SM site seems to just have the old ones up.

Over on the SM forum, (I'd have to dig it out) concerns rate have been increased.... Concerns can no longer be paid off either....

All in all, it's a good update to the game

TheGunns wrote:
    I'm guessing he's thinking more along the lines of a player like Bony that he can't afford and a team in the same Division could. The knock on would be the bigger team would sell a player, both teams would see an improvement I guess tho.

Take Bony as an example (I don't have cash but let's say I did) let's assume I got him.

With Messi and Neymar he wouldn't play. So I have no chance of keeping him happy, therefore his concerns would elevate and he would be leaving not 2-3 seasons after he came in (max) and I would have probably paid max for him day one, viewing the deal overall it's a bit waste of money on my part.

Like I keep saying, it's the knock on effect is the real benefit

Meh so big teams get the good players keep them till their concerns rise and the rest wait 2-3 seasons to feed off the scraps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I think some of he are over stating the new concern rules. It may cause issues for someone with 10-15 on the bench 89/90 rated players but I will put my house on it that I'll have no issues with 3/4/5 90+ players on the bench being rotated.

As for the buying from unmanaged, I don't mind either way.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I think some of he are over stating the new concern rules. It may cause issues for someone with 10-15 on the bench 89/90 rated players but I will put my house on it that I'll have no issues with 3/4/5 90+ players on the bench being rotated.

I can only go by what I've read on the SM forums and concerns are a huge topic of discussion over there, the way its being sold to the managers is that it WILL be thst harsh, but knowing SM...

Your probably right, im hoping not though, for me having 90s on the bench seeing 15-20 sub appearances per season is just not acceptable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Well I don't think you'd get away with just sub appearances but as I said 3/4/5 players rotated in and out for xup and shield matches, start a few league matches and sub for some more. I doubt there'll be any issues. It's when you have 89+ players that aren't even making your bench that you'll have issues ala the Copa or EB league. I've players coming out my ears in those and can see me getting hammered with concerns. This GW, for me and for the minute, I'll have no issues with a few good players on the bench.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

I won't argue with ya as we can't be 100% either way knowing the rabbits pulling the controls in SM :p

Although that aside I would still back my point saying with 30 free clubs which is a entire division and a half :eek: we need to forget hoping for lads coming in which is what's we've been told is gonna happen the last 2 real life years, not to mention how many of them will stay in the GW long term.

Need to start thinking of the lads that are actually active and let them enjoy the game. If a lad comes in then he can build up a team using cash and the option of youths.

Actually in the event it was turned on surely there are a few current players who would love to grab Athletic Club and Dynamo Kiev there are the only two clubs left the you could build on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Shure open it up to the minnows of Div 3/4 to buy from unmanaged,the big guns of Div1/2 don't need em :);)

All this talk has me thinking, 10 more managers leave which is something that could happen easily like and we'd have a game world only half full....

That's absolutely shocking.

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Shure open it up to the minnows of Div 3/4 to buy from unmanaged,the big guns of Div1/2 don't need em :);)

Well I can only speak for myself but I'd love to see the likes of yourself and ctl alt delete at Genoa and doc at Boca Juniors being able to pick up a few lads and toughen up the squads it would make the game far more exciting for ye, believe me I know having been at the boring end :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement