Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Was it in the lingerie department....?

Getting herself a new school uniform more like :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Mourinho wrote: »
    I got lost in Dunnes once, there I have you trumped :p

I tried to get a job in Dunnes once but the turned me down. The manager looked like Kylie Minogue and took me into the office. She didn't give me the job. It was 1989.

Could it be ...?!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfwmGO4hGDtkT2UVqZxAf7_OZMGmmLrZ3dnmMH2pIvuQlNwWxK

Warn247-Hazardous-area-2.jpg

:cool:

Any one selling a DC? PM me here or on SM.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Hazard is going to Porto

It was very tough as Napoli had a great bid as well - I can never reveal exactly how I decided between the two bids but the process involved a virgin called Nigel, a hooker called Pirate Annie, three cans of whipped cream and a LotR marathon - much fun was had by all concerned

In return I'm getting Wanyama, Morata, Gaspar Mario, Smalling and Rolando Aarons - which I'm sure will delight the wonderful Baz

Very happy now

And I might have more news for ye in the near future.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And I might have more news for ye in the near future.....

:D Offer accepted.

Its official....

Porto = Warn247-Hazardous-area-2.jpg

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Whilst I am more than happy with my first 11, I would be in favour of revisiting this..

There are just far too many good players at unmanaged teams going to waste.

Another vote maybe?

Lads, I've been asking around on chat and TBH I think this would utterly win on a landslide if it were put to a re-vote..... NOW is the time too with end of season upon us ;)

With the recent updates, (everyone 'apparently' having the same max bid) and the inability to pay off concerns (if the cash rich clubs do come in and hoover players up then concerns would come into effect) it really does make sense.... Last time this discussion took place the argument was that new managers would take over these teams,......

Lads, it just has NOT happened, it hasn't..... It's not going to change either, there are FAR too many good-decent players out there now that teams could really really use rather than wasting away in oblivion....

Re-vote????

Lads, I've been asking around on chat and TBH I think this would utterly win on a landslide if it were put to a re-vote..... NOW is the time too with end of season upon us ;)

With the recent updates, (everyone 'apparently' having the same max bid) and the inability to pay off concerns (if the cash rich clubs do come in and hoover players up then concerns would come into effect) it really does make sense.... Last time this discussion took place the argument was that new managers would take over these teams,......

Lads, it just has NOT happened, it hasn't..... It's not going to change either, there are FAR too many good-decent players out there now that teams could really really use rather than wasting away in oblivion....

Re-vote????

Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Re-vote????

I agree that now is as good a time as any to turn it on, especially with the season ending very soon. With regards the max bid though, what we've seen from the deals taking place this week is that some clubs are sitting on gold mines while a club like myself, 3rd place in division 2 may I add, only has about 5 million to spend.

Due to rating decreases, I need players from these unmanaged to slot straight into the team. Some of the big clubs will be buying these players as future trading chips or as squad players limited to maybe 5 games a season. Now let's say a 91 rated player is at an external. Fair enough he'd get into almost all teams first team so bid away. But an 89 rated player won't get into most division 1 teams and some division 2 teams so the smaller teams could lose out if it comes to a bidding war.

If I need 2 first teamers from unmanaged, I'm not putting all my money on 1 player which will take me out of all other bidding wars.

Whatever the decision is, it needs to be made this week if buying from unmanaged is to be turned on to give the smaller clubs time to generate money from selling to externals. In the copa del boards GW we all knew well in advance so it gave everyone time to get rid of all the deadweight

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    :D Offer accepted.

Manuel Neuer is joining the Chelsea revolution!

Cech, Cavanii and Romero going the other way

Delighted with this deal and thanks to Lord for the easy negotiations - in my humble opinion I now have the best outright keeper and the best young keeper (Butland) in the game

Time to win a title methinks...!

An 89 will deffo get in my team :p

Ah, the copa.... 300m.... All spent but i sold a shed load of players to make room fore the new lads...if thats the approach people take the it will be good to open it up

Colemania wrote: »
    I agree that now is as good a time as any to turn it on, especially with the season ending very soon. With regards the max bid though, what we've seen from the deals taking place this week is that some clubs are sitting on gold mines while a club like myself, 3rd place in division 2 may I add, only has about 5 million to spend.

Due to rating decreases, I need players from these unmanaged to slot straight into the team. Some of the big clubs will be buying these players as future trading chips or as squad players limited to maybe 5 games a season. Now let's say a 91 rated player is at an external. Fair enough he'd get into almost all teams first team so bid away. But an 89 rated player won't get into most division 1 teams and some division 2 teams so the smaller teams could lose out if it comes to a bidding war.

If I need 2 first teamers from unmanaged, I'm not putting all my money on 1 player which will take me out of all other bidding wars.

Whatever the decision is, it needs to be made this week if buying from unmanaged is to be turned on to give the smaller clubs time to generate money from selling to externals. In the copa del boards GW we all knew well in advance so it gave everyone time to get rid of all the deadweight

This is a very good point - would it be better if we waited for one SM season so that we all know when it's coming so we could all work to have a few quid in the bank when the time comes?

I speak as someone who has a good few pound in the bank but there will be a disparity if it is introduced at such short notice and may not be fair to all teams

Delighted with this deal and thanks to Lord for the easy negotiations - in my humble opinion I now have the best outright keeper and the best young keeper (Butland) in the game

Not even close

Club-Atletico-de-Madrid-v-Bayer-04-Leverkusen-UEFA-Champions-League-Round-of-16.jpg

;););););););)

Ahum since when is Courtois not considered young

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Not even close

Club-Atletico-de-Madrid-v-Bayer-04-Leverkusen-UEFA-Champions-League-Round-of-16.jpg

;););););););)

Jack butland 😄😄😄
    Jan oblak 😄😄😄
    Won't achieve half as much as what gianluigi donnarumma will achieve. 16 years old and already a regular with ac Milan, easily the future top rating goalkeeper in this game

modo85 wrote: »
    Jack butland 😄😄😄
    Jan oblak 😄😄😄
    Won't achieve half as much as what gianluigi donnarumma will achieve. 16 years old and already a regular with ac Milan, easily the future top rating goalkeeper in this game

I take it you don't watch Serie A then?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Ahum since when is Courtois not considered young

Since he is nearly 24! Time to brake out the walking stick :eek:

Happy too.

Cech is a solid 92 and could be part of a PL title winning team this season. He'll be a 92 for quite some time yet, at least. Cavani fills my needs for a highly rated striker. And Romero seems to be a massive prospect coming out of Argentina, so he'll be one for the future.
    Cech
    Vidal Savic Koscielny ______
    Hamsik _______
    _______ Isco Mane
    Cavani

Feel I've made my overall first team a bit stronger with deals done so far, upgrading a few positions. Can see Nagatomo, Schweinsteiger and Caudrado filling in those three spots.

RE: Buying from unmanaged.

I stand by the belief that it won't favor little teams half as much as argued. At the same time, at this stage, if people want to vote it on, then go for it. I'd agree with the notion though that teams should be given plenty of notice when its going on, so as to build up cash reserves though.

• Advertisement

RE: Buying from unmanaged.

I stand by the belief that it won't favor little teams half as much as argued. At the same time, at this stage, if people want to vote it on, then go for it. I'd agree with the notion though that teams should be given plenty of notice when its going on, so as to build up cash reserves though.

Just on chat with GT and he said the same, a season down the line rather than this coming would be far better, it would give everyone an equal opportunity to build up cash reserves

I honestly don't think there is anyone agaist this as it stands, nobody I've talked to on chat anyway

Cech
    Vidal Savic Koscielny ______
    Hamsik _______
    _______ Isco Mane
    Cavani

Actually, how will everyone be lining up next season......
    Oblak

Darmian - Marquinhos - Maicon - Shaw

Fabregas - Saul

Mertins - Messi - Neymar

Dzeko

Just on chat with GT and he said the same, a season down the line rather than this coming would be far better, it would give everyone an equal opportunity to build up cash reserves

I honestly don't think there is anyone agaist this as it stands, nobody I've talked to on chat anyway

it gives current managers a change to get ready for it ... AND gives mac a chance to prove recruiting new managers could work

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

I would be in favour of allowing buying off unmanaged. There isn't many players I would go after myself but at least transfers would be more active.

You can't really hoard over 21s anymore. I am getting hammered in a few GWs over it so it would hopefully cause a transfer merry go around.

Also we are kidding ourselves if we think the like of Auxerre, Chivas or Marseille will ever be taken again when we can't get a manager for Bilbao. I probably would prefer it only came into effect when we have the like of Dynamo, Shaktar, valencia and Bilbao taken though. would not be in favour of seeing teams like that stripped away.

Also they turned it off in the good league and it worked out fine there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Buying from unmanaged doesn't bother me. Some teams have plenty of cash and others like villa don't really generate much income due to much lower crowds. Won't affect me at all.

eh i dunno wrote:
    Buying from unmanaged doesn't bother me. Some teams have plenty of cash and others like villa don't really generate much income due to much lower crowds. Won't affect me at all.

But long term it will, if the cash rich clubs bring in players from unmanaged then that will cause more concerns, more concerns makes a more active market for everyone...

Again, it's the knock on effect of the buying from unmanaged is the real carrot here, yes the free for all at the begining will be great for transfer activity but there IS a longer term benifit to it

Time to work on my bench.....

Willing to do similar deals as I did for Messi, Mertins, Dzeko etc.......

Best of what I have left for trade are:
    F.BARDI
    I.LEKUE
    L.BRATTAN
    S.JANKO
    M.JÚNIOR
    M.POLITANO
    C.CARLOS
    L.ERIK
    T.JOEL
    A.AKETXE
    G.NANDO
    N.FAZZI
    J.MURILLO
    G.DÁLCIO
    R.BALDÉ

Willing do do 4-5 of those in 1 deal for 86-88 bench players!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

My argument was not that the unmanaged clubs would be taken over, it was always that if you make the decision you are creating a point (for me) where they won't have any chance of being taken over again.

With where the GW is now though it is at a stage that there are so many that it does not really matter that much anymore.

I would be in favour of it now, but as suggested not until the season after next.

It gives time for current managers to have plenty of time to prepare for it, and also time for another recruitment drive.

It has reached the point where my decision would be based on making it better for those 'actively' playing the game rather than protecting the GW for the future.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'd lean in favour of allowing it, though I'm willing to consider arguments against.

Definitely has to be a season break before if it is implemented.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone want kristicic before I sell to an external? 86 rated Serbian

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement