Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Your team?

This season:
    Transfers in: 0
    Transfers out: 2

Your team? Easy to stand on someone else's shoulders and call yourself a giant dude, rip the team apart and build it again, then go on a 21 game run and you can claim it as 'your team'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My Bayern team. They're great craic, no good at football it seems, but great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Your team? Easy to stand on someone else's shoulders and call yourself a giant dude, rip the team apart and build it again, then go on a 21 game run and you can claim it as 'your team'

This season: Transfers in: 0 Transfers out: 2

Your team?

For your information;

I took over halfway through last season when they were near the bottom of Division 2, survived relegation, had a clear out as soon as possible BEFORE the end of last season, sold Sterling for a few defenders(lo and behold, I have one of the best defensive records in Division 2 this season). I picked the team, I picked the tactics, I got promoted,its MY team!

See ye in Division 1 next season, Happy New Year!!

unkymo wrote:
    I took over halfway through last season when they were near the bottom of Division 2, survived relegation, had a clear out as soon as possible BEFORE the end of last season, sold Sterling for a few defenders(lo and behold, I have one of the best defensive records in Division 2 this season). I picked the team, I picked the tactics, I got promoted,its MY team!

unkymo wrote:
    For your information;

unkymo wrote:
    See ye in Division 1 next season, Happy New Year!!

Looks like you found the perfect Liverpool manager lads, living off past glories....

Zero transfers in an entire season in a football management game (especially an interactive one where you are essentially a cog in the transfer market merry go round) is a disgrace.

And big whoop, last season you sold ONE player for TWO, that would be a bloody good afterooons work for the regulars here, not a seasons and a halfs work.....

I couldn't care less how many games you go undefeated or what players you play or what tactics you set, more power to you, my problem is when you claim its your team with zero transfers in a season and 1 to speak of a sea on and a half back, yes take the credit for the results you deserve it, but don't take the credit for the team, you don't

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Mod :

Just stepping in here to nip this in the bud. Everybody's entitled to play the game the way they see fit and don't deserve to be called out for playing it differently to anyone else. Be civil and play nicely! :)

Thanks gentlemen!

newyearcopy_zps53c83bf7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

3-2 win home to bordeaux keeps us in 2nd, 4 points clear of 3rd place Lyon. Not bad considering a few weeks back I was fighting to get into the playoff spots. 6 teams can still get automatic promotion, will be an interesting finish

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Another season, another midtable finish. No matter what I do, I seem to just stick between 7th and 10th :(

I've had Neuer up for a while, but will say it here; I'm totally up for some mega-deal to swap him for a refreshening of the team, if anyone is interested. I'd say pretty much everyone is available bar...

Isco, Mane, Cresswell, Vazquez, Wilson and Pereira.

Everyone else, I'm happy to swap like for like (that said, I'm not swapping a 90 for 2 87s no-one has ever heard of :P).

On another note, I just realised....did they take out the option to make players "Unavailable"?

Lord TSC wrote:
    On another note, I just realised....did they take out the option to make players "Unavailable"?

They did, and its the best days work they ever did

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lads,

How does chromecast work? Does it work with any tele / device.

Where can ya get them? Are they pricy?

Can you have one app playing on the tele while using others on the phone/ laptop

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Lord TSC wrote:
    I've had Neuer up for a while, but will say it here; I'm totally up for some mega-deal to swap him for a refreshening of the team, if anyone is interested. I'd say pretty much everyone is available bar...

I'd be interested in him but the lack of a good gk to give u might scupper the deal

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Lads,

How does chromecast work? Does it work with any tele / device.

Where can ya get them? Are they pricy?

Can you have one app playing on the tele while using others on the phone/ laptop

Thanks

Need a TV with a HDMI port.

About €35

Argos or most electrical outlets

Yep, you can cast from your laptop or phone and continue to use it as normal. You cab even put something on for the kids in one room and go to another room and leave it playing, while the phone or device is with you. You just need to stay in range of your Wi-Fi.

It's really easy, pretty much plug and play.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Out of the relegation zone :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

gerp99 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in him but the lack of a good gk to give u might scupper the deal

Its not that that would be a dealbreaker completely. I'd just have to see if I could organise another deal with someone else for a keeper, using players who'd be displaced by any deal for Neuer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its not that that would be a dealbreaker completely. I'd just have to see if I could organise another deal with someone else for a keeper, using players who'd be displaced by any deal for Neuer.

Your wasting your time short listing Perin buddy cause the Italian stallion ain't going anywhere :cool:

Mourinho wrote: »
    Your wasting your time short listing Perin buddy cause the Italian stallion ain't going anywhere :cool:

Hehe. I'm short listing a fair few players tonight :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Mourinho wrote: »

Ditto for Jack Butland :p

Salmon wrote: »
    Hi All,

Having terrible trouble with my club Newcastle United and a recent update of the app on my phone. I was prompted to update the app and after the update i cant get access to my clubs anymore. Im getting e-mails telling me i am about to lose my club and other e-mails to the same account reminding me I havent picked a club yet! Anyone know of a solution to this problem? My laptop is banjaxed at the moment so only have access on the phone!

Cheers
    What's the story with Newcastle? Is the manager coming back? Does he have proper access to the game now?

Call a spade a spade, they have been practically unmanaged and its a waste if they are going to continue along that path
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    He's back
    Salmon wrote: »
    Cheers, not sure what happened during the upgrade! Thanks for the patience
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    No problemo! Great too have you back

All credit too letting Newcastles manager back in ... It would sure be nice if he rejected / renegotiated / accepted a bid before the 14days automated bounce...

GT_TDI_150 wrote:
    All credit too letting Newcastles manager back in ... It would sure be nice if he rejected / renegotiated / accepted a bid before the 14days automated bounce...

Once bitten and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I wonder how iturbe going to Bournemouth will effect his rating.

JamboMac wrote:
    I wonder how iturbe going to Bournemouth will effect his rating.

Brutally honest.....

It can't possibly be worse than his time at Roma, he excelled at Hellas a smaller team so it might just work....

Either way, his rating at Roma was going to be effected..... Salah and Falque have moved him out of the starting 11

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    22 shots and 70 % of the ball....lose 1-0 :pac:

That you LVG?

Ahem.....

Lads, things are about to get very MESSI at Lazio!!!!!!!

Crazy bid, Mac getting the better deal by far IMO, but each to their own

KERSPLAT! wrote:
    Crazy bid, Mac getting the better deal by far IMO, but each to their own

Best player in the world..... Like I said to you before, GOTTA overpay for the big names

Best player in the world..... Like I said to you before, GOTTA overpay for the big names

Believe me, I know. Look at what I paid for Koke and even Reus to a lesser extent.

And on to the worst part about dealing with Mac.... Usually 4-5 days before you see him

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

What's the Messi deal?

I'll leave it to Mac or Tupac to disclose it

What's the Messi deal?

I believe it envolves a shed load of vodka, some lubricant and rendez-vous at a roadside motel. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I believe it envolves a shed load of vodka, some lubricant and rendez-vous at a roadside motel. :eek:

Sounds like a regular Saturday night for Mac :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement