Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

People who take off in their car while still putting on their seatbelt, turning on lights, adjusting mirrors and therefore only half paying attention to the road.

When you park your car on a street overnight and return to find your wing mirrors push in towards the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Would you mind checking to see if they have any Cheeky Charlies left@:D

Or if they dont you could go for the "wrappin paper, 5 for 50" ;)

I never got to finish my earlier rant about the bring your baby to work phenomenon because the thread closed.
    She was in the office for over an hour, in the office I share with one of the other women. Squealing and shrieking galore and plenty of "Are you feeling broody now 26sdrawkcab?"

So, so accurate. I get asked am I feeling broody by the same girl I work with every time somebody decides to bring in their little bundle of "joy" :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The fact that no matter when you go into hospital, no matter what it's first, they always insist on freaking you out asking ridiculous questions about pregnancy. I had a couple of fits earlier, proper seizures one after the other rather than the usual feeling of 'feeling weird'. He called an ambulance and the ambulance told them when they brought me in it was epilepsy fits.

I've been asked about 4 times if I'm pregnant/could I be pregnant. Stop freaking me out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

People who take off in their car while still putting on their seatbelt, turning on lights, adjusting mirrors and therefore only half paying attention to the road.

All while simultaneously trying to have their breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Headline: Alan Hughes rushed to hospital after heart scare

Content: 'doctors quickly ruled out any heart problems'

Conclusion: I'm a fcuking tool for even reading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

gramar wrote: »

Imagine how I feel after reading your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The only thing that irritates me somewhat about the Christmas season is the possibility of being roped into at least one social function involving some of my in-laws. I can think of a couple of things I'd rather be doing, such as hanging by my ankles in a Vietcong prisoner-of-war camp, or gnawing my own right arm off above the elbow. <sigh> :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

The most annoying thing must be when you are not in a position to post something on here you think of a wonderful moan....now I can't think of it...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

That stringy thing in a fried/boiled egg. You know, the transparent vein thingy. Yuck.

My faithful old Zippo died this morning, after twelve years. The hinge finally failed completely and separated after a couple of years of wobbliness. I have a cheap-'n'-cheerful clone a mate of mine brought me from Majorca a few years back, and it's a nice bit of stainless in all fairness, nicely put together, and all my Zippo consumables will work fine with it. The only thing is the stupid bright-blue "Mallorca!" logo on the otherwise immaculate polished case. Minge!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Aurally impaired simpletons who are hired to work as receptionists. How hard is it to put on your listening ears before answering the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Karl Stein wrote: »
    That stringy thing in a fried/boiled egg. You know, the transparent vein thingy. Yuck.

Barf. Whoever decided it was a good idea to eat a chicken's period anyway? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

When people open up all the special buy product packaging in Lidl and Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

The idea that a ginger nerd on the BT Broadband ad could have a girlfriend like that.

In real life she would be cheating on him with the younger cool guy they live with.

Makes me bitter and angry at my own "love life" (inverted commas at it's non existence).

Trivial annoyance: people who have it in for gingers or at least have jumped on that bandwagon - I just don't get it?

I've just encountered a person in the office named "Zoltan". The urge to boom, in a Brian Blessed voice, something like "Greetings Zol-TAN, King of the Hawk Men!!" is fcukan killing me!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

gramar wrote: »

I wonder was the gerbil ok?

jimgoose wrote: »
    My faithful old Zippo died this morning, after twelve years. The hinge finally failed completely and separated after a couple of years of wobbliness. I have a cheap-'n'-cheerful clone a mate of mine brought me from Majorca a few years back, and it's a nice bit of stainless in all fairness, nicely put together, and all my Zippo consumables will work fine with it. The only thing is the stupid bright-blue "Mallorca!" logo on the otherwise immaculate polished case. Minge!! :mad:

Jim, I may be dreaming, but are Zippo not covered by a lifetime guarantee? Try taking it to a reputable dealer and they may return it for repair....

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Jim, I may be dreaming, but are Zippo not covered by a lifetime guarantee? Try taking it to a reputable dealer and they may return it for repair....

Yes, so I've heard since. I believe you post them to a crowd in England who repair them free of charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Been there. Went through years of agony.
    Gargling with tepid salty water was my only means of relief.

After many years of frequent episodes of tonsillitis my doctor said one more dose and they will have to be removed. I know the first signs of an episode and gargle with salt immediately. Haven't had to go to the GP about them in over 20 years now! The power of salt! (Or the threat of surgery!!?)

I have to drink water to help the tiny amount of food I've eaten go down. It's not fun at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

Lids off tupperware containers. I have spent a small mortgage's worth of money on tupperware over the years (most recently 18, yes 18, containers). Do you think I could find even 1 container this morning with a matching lid? Not an effin chance! It'd be quicker to cook everything from scratch! Why don't they sell them attached? Like lunchboxes or toothpaste or something?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The DHL website. First it was down this morning, now when I click on the tracking section that 'allegedly' gives detailed information on where the package is, surprise surprise, in true DHL tradition it hasn't been updated since Saturday. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I have to drink water to help the tiny amount of food I've eaten go down. It's not fun at all.

I had my tonsils out when I was a very young child, don't remember it but apparently I lived on jelly and ice cream for a while afterwards.:) Years ago I had a bout of bronchitis when I was still smoking and my GP noticed the tonsils had grown back.:D When I get a virus or bad sore throat I buy Difflam spray from the chemist, it's brilliant as it has an antiseptic in it and it numbs the throat and helps kill any nasties in the area. Worth a try. Feel better soon.

jimgoose wrote: »
    I've just encountered a person in the office named "Zoltan". The urge to boom, in a Brian Blessed voice, something like "Greetings Zol-TAN, King of the Hawk Men!!" is fcukan killing me!! :pac:

I guess it was a painful birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I had my tonsils out when I was a very young child, don't remember it but apparently I lived on jelly and ice cream for a while afterwards.:) Years ago I had a bout of bronchitis when I was still smoking and my GP noticed the tonsils had grown back.:D When I get a virus or bad sore throat I buy Difflam spray from the chemist, it's brilliant as it has an antiseptic in it and it numbs the throat and helps kill any nasties in the area. Worth a try. Feel better soon.

I had mine out as a child too but apparently they just pruned them back and they too regrew. I had a rough time with them through my 30s in particular.
    Difflan was certainly great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,240 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Rushing across the street in the rain and nipping between 2 parked cars before realising one of them has a bloody tow bar.......

Ah! ffffffff!

Not being able to get through to parents when I have good news and the lovely warm feeling I had on receiving said good news is slowly ebbing away as it is replaced by a general irritation that they are not answering their phones......

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I guess it was a painful birth.

You wot?? :confused:

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Not being able to get through to parents when I have good news and the lovely warm feeling I had on receiving said good news is slowly ebbing away as it is replaced by a general irritation that they are not answering their phones......

But you can tell us, you know you can tell us anything, we wont judge, we will always be here for......hang on, there is someone important on the other line:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement