Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,392 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

syklops wrote: »
    Why did the female sergent and yer one change into civvies to tell the old guy about his daughter? I couldn't get my head around that part.

Not entirely sure but I wonder if that is the new protocol these days? I'm guessing the show must have done some research on the issue and not just lobbed it into the storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

this is surprisingly good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Why did the female sergent and yer one change into civvies to tell the old guy about his daughter? I couldn't get my head around that part.
    Found this strange myself,it must be a regular enough for guards to break bad news to family members,also the fact that they arrived to the house in the squad car made them changing clothes pointless....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Strazdas wrote: »
    Not entirely sure but I wonder if that is the new protocol these days? I'm guessing the show must have done some research on the issue and not just lobbed it into the storyline.

I'd rather the "sarge" wear nicer looking clothes if she is going to break me bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

walshb wrote: »
    I didn't see any blonde garda. Do you mean the Hennessy solicitor?

oh yes, I thought she was a guard :p

• Advertisement

I'd rather the "sarge" wear nicer looking clothes if she is going to break me bad news.

Yeah, they were both a bit too casually dressed in jeans (though the younger girl looked good in civvies for a change) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Sadly RR is starting to get a little unrealistic in places. A sister representing her brother on a manslaughter/murder charge ??? With her husband the Super in the investigating station??

The "not here " bit was sadly ridiculous too. Somehow they considered it better to discuss the case in a parked car directly opposite the station entrance in broad daylight instead of at home or in his office. Just to add a signpost to what they were talking about yer man was smoking a cigarette outside!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,194 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Let's hope that the RR thread goes down the same path as the FC thread!

Let's hope that the RR thread goes down the same path as the FC thread!
    Which is?

Which is?
    Fair City!

• Advertisement

Fair City!

I figured out FC is Fair City. Not being a viewer of FC and not visiting the FC thread, I meant what route do you hope this thread goes down?

I figured out FC is Fair City. Not being a viewer of FC and not visiting the FC thread, I meant what route do you hope this thread goes down?

The FC route. Banter! Or, to be a little more descriptive, ripping the p&ss!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The FC route. Banter! Or, to be a little more descriptive, ripping the p&ss!

Hopefully not. It's bad enough that the Fair City thread went that way in the first place. It was once a decent thread many years ago - now people who genuinely like the show have to go elsewhere to discuss it.

Hopefully not. It's bad enough that the Fair City thread went that way in the first place. It was once a decent thread many years ago - now people who genuinely like the show have to go elsewhere to discuss it.

I hope I never have to go to that elsewhere place to discuss FC!

No - the show went that way. People on the thread are true fans unlike the current FC writers who treat the viewers as morons with no memories and pay no regard to fact. Hopefully RR will not go down that road by firstly paying careful attention to continuity and secondly researching the storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,012 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nice bit of comedy locking the funeral director in the pantry, could see people doing this when they are told how much the costs are.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

The thief called " blue ray" because he stole dvd players..

Nice bit of comedy locking the funeral director in the pantry, could see people doing this when they are told how much the costs are.

People who buried their son days before?? Eh no . Thought I was watching some Roddy Doylesque version of Dublin " working class "'. Awful.

My god that was a dire episode....

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Really enjoyed the "Bluray" scenes with the cop. Thought the "love scene" with herself and the ex husband was done quite well also, bit raunchier than you would find on Fair City :P

Edit : Oh, and I think the theme tune is growing on me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Hennessy's pub looks quite dingy for a rich family

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Just recently watched this. Better acting in Fair City! I really can't watch something with god awful acting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Hennessy's pub looks quite dingy for a rich family

Maybe that's why they are rich, they are not spending money on decorating the pub, but I would have to see some scenes in their home just to confirm this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

They'd prob apply for some of the cost from the Social Welfare.

It's not my type of show. Thought it was quite slow moving. The families and the town are not all that interest, they could be dropped in favour of a show just about The Gaurds. It's hard to see how the Keilys, Hennessys and Reids will relate to each other. I imagine Bridget will get with Liam to get at Patricia.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

The chap who opening the cafe place with his daughter ..... Who is he in real life, and what have I seen him in before? It's driving me nuts. TIA

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    The chap who opening the cafe place with his daughter ..... Who is he in real life, and what have I seen him in before? It's driving me nuts. TIA

Penny Dreadful or The Tudors?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0112390/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t21

Have enjoyed tonight and last night's episodes. Liking the "cop drama" piece the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yer man playing Robbie was great - shame he was only in it for the one episode.

Think the show as a whole is really starting to find its feet now. I find myself warming to the characters a bit more as it goes on, particularly Sharon and Katie (which makes sense as they've been the most prominent so far). And during the first 2 episodes I thought there'd be a danger of Paudge getting annoying very fast, but he's becoming a bit of a legend in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I can see them dumping The Red Rock Families.

Red Rock Blue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    I thoroughly enjoyed it. Really enjoyed the "Bluray" scenes with the cop. Thought the "love scene" with herself and the ex husband was done quite well also, bit raunchier than you would find on Fair City :P

Edit : Oh, and I think the theme tune is growing on me!

I love the theme tune.

• Advertisement

Penny Dreadful or The Tudors?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0112390/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t21

Have enjoyed tonight and last night's episodes. Liking the "cop drama" piece the best.

It reminds me a lot of The Bill in the olden days.

Advertisement