Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential for Snow Showers this Week, 8-12th Dec

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rain turned slightly sleety earlier on, light drizzle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Just watched the forecast on the Nine O'clock news. Looks like as the rain pushes across the country, there will be snow at the end for most of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Conbhar wrote: »
    It's been snowing pretty steady here for the last 3 hours, I've actually been surprised by the size of the snowflakes, they're massive. (About a mile away from Barnesmore Gap on the donegal town side)

Pics pics pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭numilus cimbus

I'm still convinced it will snow on higher populated ground in the East including S Dublin later tonight, the potential has not gone away,but below 600ft,sticking is unlikely,too much saturated ground before the freeze

But what I will say is it's a pathetic effort compared to a proper northern source routed via Scandinavia(ie a long track north easterly) ,you get better dew points that direction and none of that gulf stream spoilage

Just for the re-confirmation, it is snowing at the Finner station as of 21:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

Just incase it happens, how do I imbed a video? no youtube wraps seem to be in the advanced section.?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

At 850ft south dublin, have been outside the past hour or so. Poxy night but not too cold (or should I say not cold enough!)
    No hint of snow in the air just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Just use the You Tube wrap in advanced and the vid ID "4ecX8jlFbuo" was your last vid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yeah met eireann changing their mind yet again

There will be snow in more than finner after midnight though 7 or 8am may be the peak as rain showers move in at 10am

Also a friend says there s snow starting to lie in Enniskillen

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Just for the re-confirmation, it is snowing at the Finner station as of 21:00

That's a separate shower though, it should be snow, it's away from the front in the cold air

The front is what's giving most of the bottom two thirds of the country rain and is way further south than Finner or Sligo or Fermanagh (where snow has fallen already) and hasn't engaged enough cold air yet for snow below 400 metres or so
    It's this front we are watching as the beast with enough moisture to make a change to snow exciting
    The showers later while affecting all parts will be most active in the north and northwest
    Again those are going to be of most interest well inland and on high ground even up there accumulation wise I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Dew points starting to drop slowly up north and northwest

I cant find any "You Tube wrap" in the advanced posting section?

Sorry off topic pm answers please.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

A few miles north of Finner here. We had a brief flurry of snow a while ago. Temp is currently 0.8° DP of -1.3° atm

horsefarm wrote: »
    At 850ft south dublin, have been outside the past hour or so. Poxy night but not too cold (or should I say not cold enough!)
    No hint of snow in the air just yet
    probably looking at a snowline of about 1500ft still in S Dublin, it should halve soon though
    Can't think where you'd be in S Dublin at that height but at a guess,it's rural not sub urban and near enough to the straight line from three rock over to Kippure westwards? Or near but above the blue light
    If so I'll eat my hat if it's not snowing there overnight if the precipitation stays

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Snowing here now , very light flakes. temp has dropped to 0.4C

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Still lashing rain here in the north east, to any potential snowflake thinking of falling later on, i say, dont waste your time, you will drown in the puddles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Almost snow time at knock.....down to 1 degree at 2200

The only thing falling in clare is my hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

Mech1 wrote: »
    I cant find any "You Tube wrap" in the advanced posting section?

Sorry off topic pm answers please.
    331497.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Carnacalla wrote: »
    The only thing falling in clare is my hopes.

now now... Clare wasn't in the risk area in the first place, not being effected by cold enough 850hp temps

331498.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ElizaT33

Still lashing rain here in the north east, to any potential snowflake thinking of falling later on, i say, dont waste your time, you will drown in the puddles

Yes it's lashing rain all evening here around these parts (I'm near Kingscourt) - how disappointing, SO FAR ,,,,,,,!

I wonder what the dew points are around these parts at the min?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

There's a patch of 0c 850 temp just over the Wicklow mountains! The surrounding area is all -2 ! Typical

There's a patch of 0c 850 temp just over the Wicklow mountains! The surrounding area is all -2 ! Typical

That is just a model indication of what it would be roughly , not actual readings.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Was it not Friday nite sat morning it was to snow?

331497.png

That button doesnt exist here, running Firefox , will try another browser.

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Was it not Friday nite sat morning it was to snow?

No, never was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭SwiftJustice

Has the weather bomb exploded yet??

YEha got the button in internet explorer. thanks all,
    sorry for off topic, but I gotta be ready:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

roller_coaster_of_life.jpg

• Advertisement