Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Transfers.

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Anyone else going goalkeeper-less? I'd like to feel like someone else is on this crashing train with me. :pac:

Unfortunately, yes - I've got Krul and Fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

AdpRo wrote: »
    Is Courtois to Hart worth a -4?? I've no sub keeper so would be playing 10 otherwise. I've no city or Chelsea defensive cover this week. My pay league h2h opponent this week has already taken -4 so we would be level if I take the hit. He has 2 Chelsea defenders so I think I will be beat if Hull don't score hence I'm thinking of not taking the hit and starting 4 points up. Any thoughts?

It all depends on whether yor priority is your H2H or the overall rankings. In the first case holding on to your 4 pts advantage may be the safest strategy. In the second case, considering City fixtures Hart is as good a pick as any.
    I could always just play 5-4-1 and make no decision and have 2 fts :pac:

It's a pretty solid defence too:

De Gea
    Azpi - Cresswell - O'Shea - Hutton - Wisdom
    Hazard - Sanchez - Siggy - Mirallas
    Bony

And Boyd as sub

Am a bit late to the party (computer crashed while I was typing my original post) but to me the main thing beyond your Aguero replacement is your short to mid-term strategy over Christmas. If I were you I'd try make sure that his replacement would still enable me to make my future planned transfers (like a City mid, a City def, a Liverpool and/or Swansea player for GW19, etc...) such that you don't go into this GW with the huge pressure of a 1-week punt.
    Benimar wrote: »
    Currently:

Heaton
    N.Taylor, Hutton, Azpilicueta, Bertrand
    Siggy, Sanchez, Downing, Arfield
    Bony

Krul, Aguero injured, Chambers, Fabregas and Austin suspended

Can go:
    A - Chambers and Aguero to Baines and Costa (c) (play 5-3-2)
    B - Arfield and Aguero to Hazard (c) and Dzeko (play 4-4-2 but have 2 Chelsea mids next week)

All advice welcome!

Tough choice. Both options sound good to me.

Maybe A rely too much on defenders. Playing 5 can be sweaty. Though you could argue Baines is kinda midfielder.

Option B would leave you with a super strong strikeforce. Austin & Siggy rotate well so you could alternate between the 2. I'm not an advocate of this strategy but have to admit for the Christmas period it may pay dividends.
    You say that B gives you 2 Chelsea mids. Admittedly but A gives you 2 Chelsea attackers anyway. And Fab & Hazard may be more rotation proof than Costa... You can also swap Fab for a City mid if City are firing on all cylinders (though you may not be able to afford Yaya?).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Aguero to Costa last monday night. Pretty sure that im about to bring Yaya in for Eriksen for a -4. I think he will step up to the plate even moreso now that Aguero is missing.

My Team for this week

Green
    Terry, Wisdom, Taylor
    Hazard, Yaya, Siggy, Sanchez,
    Costa, Roney Berahino

Subs Elliot, Boyd, Moore, Chambers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Aguero to Costa last monday night. Pretty sure that im about to bring Yaya in for Eriksen for a -4. I think he will step up to the plate even moreso now that Aguero is missing.

My Team for this week

Green
    Terry, Wisdom, Taylor
    Hazard, Yaya, Siggy, Sanchez,
    Costa, Roney Berahino

Subs Elliot, Boyd, Moore, Chambers.

Eriksen should have had two assists last weekend but for poor finishing by Soldado.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lemlin wrote: »
    Eriksen should have had two assists last weekend but for poor finishing by Soldado.

I wouldn't make the change either.

I feel (and hope, because I don't have him earmarked as a potential transfer :pac:) that people may get stung a bit on Yaya. With Silva back it will surely lead to Pellegrini opting for Dzeko or Jovetic as the lone frontman with Silva in behind. I would guess that Yaya will then be part of the sitting 2 in a 4-2-3-1 so he'll be playing rather deep. Couple that with him being one game away from a suspension and he's not for me, especially not at a -4 for Eriksen.

Cue a hat trick now against Leicester of course. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Courtois to Harte done for -4, still not convinced its the right thing to do, Chelsea had better concide this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 yankdotcom

had to take out fabregas this week along with chambers
    brought in cresswell from west ham and i was going to put in eriksen but i can see spurs strugle at swansea so i threw hazard in instead

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Bought costa for aguero for my ft. No city cover. Worth taking a hit to swap sterling for silva?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Paully D wrote: »
    I wouldn't make the change either.

I feel (and hope, because I don't have him earmarked as a potential transfer :pac:) that people may get stung a bit on Yaya. With Silva back it will surely lead to Pellegrini opting for Dzeko or Jovetic as the lone frontman with Silva in behind. I would guess that Yaya will then be part of the sitting 2 in a 4-2-3-1 so he'll be playing rather deep. Couple that with him being one game away from a suspension and he's not for me, especially not at a -4 for Eriksen.

Cue a hat trick now against Leicester of course. :pac:

He is on fks and penalties though.

Lads I just have a last min hesitation... Which one would you ditch from Krul & Elliott. Will get Hart in.
    Original plan was Elliott out since Krul will/should be back sooner. But Hart fixtures are nice enough until GW22 included (basically until I play my Jan WC). So I'm thinking this £0.5m I'd gain by ditching Krul could be profitable in the coming GWs? What would you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

djPSB wrote: »
    He is on fks and penalties though.

True, and in fairness I was using the same arguments last year yet he ran riot every week and before I even considered getting him in it was far too late. Same with Ramsey, and it resulted in my worst ever season playing the game. So probably best not to listen to me re: Yaya. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

iroced wrote: »
    Lads I just have a last min hesitation... Which one would you ditch from Krul & Elliott. Will get Hart in.
    Original plan was Elliott out since Krul will/should be back sooner. But Hart fixtures are nice enough until GW22 included (basically until I play my Jan WC). So I'm thinking this £0.5m I'd gain by ditching Krul could be profitable in the coming GWs? What would you do?
    Ya. If you've got Hart there is no need for Krul. Just a waste of 0.5 m

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

AdpRo wrote: »
    Courtois to Harte done for -4, still not convinced its the right thing to do, Chelsea had better concide this week!!

Between now and WC you should make that back need a bit of luck to get it back straight away though. City have some nice home fixtures between now and Jan WC so some good opportunities for Hart to pick up a couple of clean sheets and with Courtois there is always that possibility that Cech might get a run out over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Last minute courtois to hart done....following on my yaya And dzecko moves seems like a theme thisvweek ha

G1032 wrote: »
    Ya. If you've got Hart there is no need for Krul. Just a waste of 0.5 m
    Yeah that's what I ended up doing :cool:. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

skippy15 wrote: »
    Last minute courtois to hart done....following on my yaya And dzecko moves seems like a theme thisvweek ha

Did the same 3 transfers this week too, transferring in 3 players from the same team in the same week is a bit weird.

Advertisement