Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Oh you :)
    Yeah Hazard is captain regardless and Sanchez has a firm grip of the VC too

To analyse further I would say that Silva, Dzeko and Jovetic are all not 100% fit, none have played 90mins in quite awhile.
    You get to have 2 ft next week to assess which of those to bring in.
    You are overexposed with 2 Swansea attackers (both good picks on their own) but with Bony only having a few matches left you could take the profit on him next week and swap for Dzeko for example. I think Agueros return date is mid Jan at the earliest so you should get plenty of gametime out of Dzeko.
    Van the man is probably overpriced but captain material, on penalties, and lest we forget a mean goal getter when he is fit and all the signs are that he is coming back to his best, his off the ball movement against Southampton was very good. And will soon have Di Maria to help him out. No sign of 100% fitness for Falcao to really threaten his gametime.
    Nice situation to be in though with choice and 2 ft!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I don't think I was entirely serious about banking the transfer :pac: I'm just not sure which forward to replace him with.

Costa is the safe option.
    RVP is the luxurious player who would in essence be an Xmas present for a United supporter
    Dzeko has the fixtures

No clear cut answer IMO. Dzeko or especially Costa (because much higher ownership) could really hurt you this week, but if you banked and got away with it you'd be in a great position next week, having seen how City look and with two FTs.

Your defence is really good otherwise I'd be saying to go for Kompany. Maybe for Creswell in two weeks though.

I'd say Costa is the safest option....so that rules that out! :D
    If you've enough in the bank for Mirallas to Silva next week (depending how he looks obviously) you could chance RVP, and still have the option to get any City attacking cover next week (except Yaya :)) even if it meant RVP was a one week punt or Bony to Dzeko as suggested above.

Not entirely convinced by him (RVP) yet, keeping him for now but may need to get rid to fit in a city attacker from next week as I'm broke.

Re midfield, I'm almost ready to sign up to an anti Yaya brigade of some sort. I want to see how City line up post Sergio. If it's 4411 with Silva in the hole I'll be joining club Silva I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'd only have 2 FTs if I banked this week but yeah I'm going for RVP to hell with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Austin and Aguero the two other with 2.4 in the bank.

What would others do here? Either Costa or Dzeko in for Aguero is the thinking.

Appreciate any fresh eyes on it :)

Depends how much you really want City coverage for this weekend. Costa is owned by 60% of teams so if he scores well it could leave non-owners in the lurch so to speak. I've gone without Costa and am actually terrified he'll bang in a brace or heaven forbid a hat-trick! :eek: I've pinned my hopes on Yaya anyway and see where that takes me. So in effect you're choosing either the safe option in Costa or the possibly very rewarding option in Dzeko with that coveted City attacking spot. Whichever way you go I think could gain you a lot of points so I don't see this decision being pivotal unless of course you go without Costa and he runs riot. :o

I hate this game sometimes :pac:

• Advertisement

I'd only have 2 FTs if I banked this week but yeah I'm going for RVP to hell with it!

Wait where did this suddenly come from?!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

do it
    and then pray with me for Costa to blank .......I feel there is a real possibility drogba will start ahead of him....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I don't think I was entirely serious about banking the transfer :pac: I'm just not sure which forward to replace him with.

Costa is the safe option.
    RVP is the luxurious player who would in essence be an Xmas present for a United supporter
    Dzeko has the fixtures

You had me going there so, I probably should have read back through the thread:o
    Costa would be the one I'd go with so, his barren spell of late almost encourages me, I think he's probably overpriced if I'm honest but with no Aguero to spend on he's got the most potential for explosive returns, I saw United the other night as I'm sure you did and RVP didn't impress me.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

km79 wrote: »
    do it
    and then pray with me for Costa to blank .......I feel there is a real possibility drogba will start ahead of him....

Im pretty sure Costa will start but anyone without him can captain Hazard to kind of mitigate the damage if Costa is amongst the goals hopefully Haz at least pick up an assist or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

AdpRo wrote: »
    Is Courtois to Hart worth a -4?? I've no sub keeper so would be playing 10 otherwise. I've no city or Chelsea defensive cover this week. My pay league h2h opponent this week has already taken -4 so we would be level if I take the hit. He has 2 Chelsea defenders so I think I will be beat if Hull don't score hence I'm thinking of not taking the hit and starting 4 points up. Any thoughts?

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone?

I did the same thing

Everyone is making sense and because of that everyone seems viable and I'm none the wiser :o

Veering back to Costa now and continuing my play it safe policy of the season so far

You had me going there so, I probably should have read back through the thread:o
    Costa would be the one I'd go with so, his barren spell of late almost encourages me, I think he's probably overpriced if I'm honest but with no Aguero to spend on he's got the most potential for explosive returns, I saw United the other night as I'm sure you did and RVP didn't impress me.

united are well overdue a penalty..... this is the weekend
    Fellaini will score a header and then be fouled by skertl from another corner with rvp (or even better for me Rooney) netting the pen :)

Everyone is making sense and because of that everyone seems viable and I'm none the wiser :o

Veering back to Costa now and continuing my play it safe policy of the season so far
    when's the last time united got a pen?????
    they are well overdue one ;):p

Costa, RVP, Dzeko

Which one is better, well there's only 1 way to find out. FIGHT!

e8a53052459db8cbf944949b8d2dd8f5.png

Right cheers everyone for the equally appealing ideas and because they were all equal I'm going for safety in Costa. I'm at 4k for crying out loud. Yaya next week now too for even more boring safety :) Plenty of times for crazy next season again hopefully

Aguero -> Costa is done.

See you soon Sergio :)

jebforever wrote: »
    Costa, RVP, Dzeko

Which one is better, well there's only 1 way to find out. FIGHT!

e8a53052459db8cbf944949b8d2dd8f5.png

granted most of his points came early but then again so did Costa's.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Anyone?

Yeah I'll probably get Hart for Courtois this week and go without Chelsea defensive cover until January.

Anyone?

Probably. The hit is highly likely to pay off this week, however you may want to look for both Chelsea and City defensive coverage going forward so may need to bear in mind it will take another transfer to get Terry or Azpil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

FHFC wrote: »
    Probably. The hit is highly likely to pay off this week, however you may want to look for both Chelsea and City defensive coverage going forward so may need to bear in mind it will take another transfer to get Terry or Azpil.

That's my problem, the plan was kompany next week so instead of one transfer to have city and Chelsea I now need 2 including a hit and in all likelihood Courtois will be fit next week, will prob take the hit as its a good week to do it but its annoying!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Still have not decided on what City defender to bring in.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

That's my problem, the plan was kompany next week so instead of one transfer to have city and Chelsea I now need 2 including a hit and in all likelihood Courtois will be fit next week, will prob take the hit as its a good week to do it but its annoying!!

If you (like me) don't like hits this is a perfect week to do it. Most teams struggle to field 11 players, and even if they do they have to play players who normally don't leave their bench. Had a look at some of my opponents and all of them made 2-3 transfers this week.

I've had 10 players ready to go but I didn't want to play the likes of Dummett and Wasilewski just because i could. Brought Hazard, Zabaleta and Dzeko instead - this may not pay off straight away but will provide me with a strong team and a bench that can give me 1-2 points each.

Most active players are going to use their spare cash after selling Aguero - playing it safe this week is not safe at all imo.

That is what mekes this game a fun after all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Team news courtesy of FFS
    http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/team-news/

I see Dzeko made the 'scout picks'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Chambers to O Shea done. By god it feels good to have an extra transfer to carry over to next week, but in itself that is providing plenty of headaches (too many bloody options!!). Team looks decent on paper this week hopefully captain Hazard can bring home the bacon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

manual_man wrote: »
    Chambers to O Shea done. By god it feels good to have an extra transfer to carry over to next week, but in itself that is providing plenty of headaches (too many bloody options!!). Team looks decent on paper this week hopefully captain Hazard can bring home the bacon

Getting rid of Chambers feels even better.

If you kept him you would probably start him again and again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

wonski wrote: »
    Getting rid of Chambers feels even better.

If you kept him you would probably start him again and again:D

i only ever got him in as part of my (in)famous -16 hit so i could field XI players that gameweek. as luck would have it he got 8 points that gameweek, and i had him benched for his -2 just gone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Last of the transfers are Chambers to Kompany. Still leaves me with 3 injured/suspended players.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Last of the transfers are Chambers to Kompany. Still leaves me with 3 injured/suspended players.

Same boat. I did Aguero, Fab & Chambers to Costa, Sanchez and Baines and still have Austin, Krul & Duff! Need Chadli or Cameron to play to get 11 out hopeful one will play.

Chambers to Kompany done also. He's been a good contributor for me. Not to mention banking 0.3m profit.

Done for the week at -4 with. ..

Green
    Kompany, Terry, Hutton
    Haz (c), Sanchez, Eriksen, Downing
    RVP, Bony, Costa

Hamer, Boyd, Dummet, Duff

Still tempted to captain Costa though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I've made the Aguero to Costa switch, now I'm deciding if a hit is worth it to bring in Zabaleta for STaylor?

Team:
    Foster, (Adrian)
    Baines, Hutton, Yun, (Duff*), (STaylor)
    Hazard, Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Alexis, Boyd
    Costa, Pelle, (Austin)

*I actually have Duff starting but he is all but ruled out so Yun will come in.

As it stands I will have no subs. Bringing in Zabaleta would put Yun on the bench, but I have a slight concern that Sagna may start instead of Zabaleta.

Advertisement