Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School trouble, help needed.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Time to get on the creatine and start hitting the gym OP.

Then when you meet him on the corridor block his path. If he moves left, block him. Moves right, block him.

You need to be the alfa male here. Chest out, guns primed (that's muscles OP...don't go columbine on this sh*t).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Lazy principal imo.

Back in my day my, if i had made a comment like that , the principal would have just destroyed me with some well thought out witty retort and make everyone laugh at my expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Lazy principal imo.

Back in my day my, if i had made a comment like that , the principal would have just destroyed me with some well thought out witty retort and make everyone laugh at my expense.

They were the teachers you didn't mess with. A good use or sarcasm or retort. Could finish you off easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Armelodie wrote: »
    Ah yes, ' research' from one case in 2012 .. and you neglected to mention that the boys were readmitted when things died down!
    So my poorly informed self did some more googling and found this http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/teachers-attacked-amid-gangland-culture-266529.html
    to counter the case you speak of.

In any event nobody is going to expell the OP, sure the principal might be over icing the cake but kicking someone out for a joke is easy fodder for a joe duffy show... like the usual 'son with no uniform/long hair not allowed sit exam' story.

OP, just forget about it, the principal sure as hell aint thinking about it over the weekend. If he still gives you hassle then ask him how far he is willing to take it, and that he'll have to take the rest up with your parents as you have tried your best to resolve the situation. (Thats if you are determined not to give the other boy's name). I dont understand why he would want the other boys name though ! You've admitted what youve said

Otherwise, just give him the name.

I said a quick google. Not research. So the quotation mark is misleading. That aside, The fact remains that an individual school can determine what it decides is appropriate. Not me and not you and not a teenager who already has shown very poor judgement.
    I have requested the thread be locked because of the real possibility of very bad advice being followed by an apparently impressionable teenage with admitted bad judgement. I'm out of here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I said a quick google. Not research. So the quotation mark is misleading. That aside, The fact remains that an individual school can determine what it decides is appropriate. Not me and not you and not a teenager who already has shown very poor judgement.
    I have requested the thread be locked because of the real possibility of very bad advice being followed by an apparently impressionable teenage with admitted bad judgement. I'm out of here.

I agree with you 100% on that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Is it a mixed school? If so, bring in one of your female friends and get her to inform him that it was in fact, that time of the month.

Sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

In before lock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,100 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Lyaiera wrote: »
    The op was very straight up in saying it was an off the cuff remark that he knows was inconsiderate and downright stupid. He told the principal that. He's recognised what he's done and seems to have learned a lesson. His whole approach is really healthy. If someone came to me with that attitude I'd be delighted, especially a teenager.

I don't think he was straight about it at all. His OP mentioned no female presence at all, and in fact gave the impression that the comment was made to a male.

In reality he made that remark to a female member of staff. And really if he'd made it to a teenage girl it would not have been any less unpleasant for her.

His whole approach has hardly been healthy, he presented the situation in a slanted way - and we don't know what else we haven't been told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

volchitsa wrote: »
    I don't think he was straight about it at all. His OP mentioned no female presence at all, and in fact gave the impression that the comment was made to a male.

In reality he made that remark to a female member of staff. And really if he'd made it to a teenage girl it would not have been any less unpleasant for her.

His whole approach has hardly been healthy, he presented the situation in a slanted way - and we don't know what else we haven't been told.

Just because we don;t know the gender of who he said it to does not mean it must be female. And in any event even if it was a female, why would that make a difference? Would it have been more ok to have said it to a male ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,100 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Armelodie wrote: »
    Just because we don;t know the gender of who he said it to does not mean it must be female. And in any event even if it was a female, why would that make a difference? Would it have been more ok to have said it to a male ?

So you don't think a teenage boy mocking a woman about period blood leaking out isn't meant to try to humiliate her in public? Whether it was hers or not isn't relevant, IMO it's completely inappropriate, whereas it would just be a bit cheeky to say it to a male teacher.

And we do now know the gender - but only because he was asked specifically though. He didn't say so until then. Which was my point : the situation as presented in the OP was not a totally honest account of things, so it's likely there are other aspects that are being glossed over in the same way. Again, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Did you tell him that he wouldn't last in the private sector ? That was definitely the best advice .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

This thread has gone far enough. Closed.

Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement