Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School trouble, help needed.

Options
  • 04-12-2014 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

Well lads, I'm in 5th Year and today whilst walking down the hallway there were drops of blood on the floor and a few people gathered around it until the Deputy Principal wiped it up with tissue. As I was walking by I said "Must be that time of the Month again" kinda loudly although I only really meant to say it to the lad beside me. The Deputy Principal heard me and sent me to the Principal's office. He shouted at me for a minute or so asking me "what was so funny about it?" and I replied saying "there was nothing funny about it" as I truly regretted it and admitted I was foolish to do it. He then asked me who I was saying it to and I told him that I was saying it to the lad beside me, I didn't really know who was beside me but I knew that they were in my year. He told me to think of a better excuse and sent me out of the Office and into the hallway for the remainder of the day. When the school bell rang he told me he'd continue with the conversation in the morning and that I better have "A good damn excuse".

So, does anyone have any suggestions for what I should use as an excuse tomorrow? The problem with my principal is that he'd ignorant and doesn't let you speak for yourself. I guarantee tomorrow that he will at some point interrupt me and say that I' talking crap. I realise that I'm wrong and that I shouldn't have done it and I really don't know what t say as an excuse tomorrow. All help is extremely appreciated.

P.S: I won't be suspended because if I was going to be suspended I would have been put in front of the Board of Discipline by now. If this post is in the wrong section feel free to move it, just wanted to get it typed up really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Just tell them it was the time of the month when the Satanic society do their blood ritual.

Sorted.

Also, come out as gay or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

I wouldn't worry, you'll just get a telling off.
    They can't suspend you or anything over that!
    Just say you're sorry, listen to the ear-bashing and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

In the good old days it would have been five whacks of the cane and a swift buggering. Tell him he's letting the teachering profession down by not being a sexual deviant.
    Then get a job and stop making **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Just admit you made an age-old menstruation joke and take what you're given.
    What's the worst that can happen? Sodomy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ah a talking ghost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Tell him he wouldn't last 5 minutes in the private sector where you have to worry about real things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

It was your time of the month?

Ah sorry, just say it was a silly joke and your sorry it won't happen again. If he gives you too much hassle he is being a bit harsh.

Your excuse is 'I'm young I don't always realize where and when is the appropriate time to make a joke'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Your principal's on his period.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

in the good old days you ended up in the principals office for fighting or getting caught smoking not cr@p like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

iDave wrote: »
    Tell him he wouldn't last 5 minutes in the private sector where you have to worry about real things.

Oh ffs, really? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Oh ffs, really? :pac:

Yes, come on imagine your school days and throwing that at your principal and the sheer shocked looked you would of gotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭matban

Tell him it was a joke, a private joke between friends.

Stand up to him, look him in the eye, show no fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

When I was at school we didn't have the internet to sort out excuses for our corridor misdemeanours. Say the cat ate it or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Have a nice day

In my opinion it's brinkmanship on the part of your principal. He just wants to scare you and make you fear him.

Walk in there, head held high and say. "I have already apologised. There was a brain to mouth disconnect on my part and it will not happen again."

If he does not accept this, casually mention that you spoke to your parents and they have accepted your account and ye have all moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Don't worry about it's an old tactic they use . You're supposed to to sweating a brick while waiting in the corridor or in your case overnight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Ask him why after choosing to work in a secondary school full of teen and adolescent lads is he shocked to hear a joke related to sex/reproduction.

Then tell him to stfu, read his job description 100 times, and that you've got study to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Listen to me carefully and do each step exactly as it's stated.

1: Burn school down tonight.
    2: Tomorrow, go to Bob, on Dorset street behind the Spar, tell him Micky sent you. He will give you all the documents you need to start a new life.
    3: Move to Mexico.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

I had a male teacher once who when you shook his hand would try to crush it. Literally painful. One of the junior infants bit him once. When he got her off she screamed 'I want to bite your eyeballs' and then cried. She may also have had a little accident.

Her name was Gracie she was always scratching people's faces.

It was his fault he shouldn't have squeezed her hand so hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

offer to suck [spolier]..it up[/spolier]

blame it on your hormones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Tell him to fcuk off and don't be listening into your private cpnversations. Best of luck in your next school op

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Earl Turner

Sound like your principal is on the rag. Anyway I wouldn't worry too much, he's probably terrified one of the girls heard you and will complain about sexism. Probably found it funny himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

bjork wrote: »
    offer to suck [spolier]..it up[/spolier]

blame it on your hormones

Awful attempt at
    spoiler tags

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

You're getting a telling off whether you come up with a good excuse anyway.

It's like getting caught by the Gardai for speeding 'what's the excuse?'

Best thing to do is admit you have none and it was a stupid comment to make and won't happen again. Then take whatever earful he gives. Just looking to scare you that's all.

There's a good chance he won't even talk to you tomorrow and will take enjoyment out of having you worry all this evening about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Thanks for all the replies including the humorous ones, all the people on this have a great sense of humour. Don't worry, I'm not afraid and I know how to stand my ground as I've been given out to before for being too defiant and folding my arms when talking to teacher as they said this was a "Defence Mechanism".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Earl Turner

Shoot the school up and go out in a blaze of glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Tell him your humour is hiding the stress your under because of the strike on Tuesday. That one day off might have a massive impact on the rest of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

You could just tell him the truth. You were trying to be funny. It's fecking school. You'll look back in 5 years and realise how ridiculous principals are when it comes to controlling pupils. He can't punish you.

Or you simply say "What I meant was it must be that time of the month for blood to appear on the floor", and you will get away with it. As stupid as it sounds, it's all you have to say. He doesn't know for a fact you said it as a joke about period.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ah im disappointed in AH.

No one has told him to get his lad out. Awful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Sweet F all you can do about it.

Hands up, bad joke, wasn't meant for him to hear it.

Quick Q , is your school mixed? Maybe he was worried some of the girls could be offended by the joke? He might have had to give Ya a telling off for it so.

Nothing will come of it. Lads have done far worse in school. Myself included.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

Tell that Daft Kunt that you were merely talking to yourself - cos you have a mental disorder - and, you
    are displaying the first signs of Madness.

Then - start answering yourself back - another sign of madness.

Then - start lookin for Hairs on the palm of your Hand.

That should do it to convince the fooooker that you are a harmless eeeejit ... and a bit Mad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement