Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School trouble, help needed.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

iDave wrote: »
    Tell him he wouldn't last 5 minutes in the private sector where you have to worry about real things.

Exactly .... a foooookin Daft Kunt ..... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Sweet F all you can do about it.

Hands up, bad joke, wasn't meant for him to hear it.

Quick Q , is your school mixed? Maybe he was worried some of the girls could be offended by the joke? He might have had to give Ya a telling off for it so.

Nothing will come of it. Lads have done far worse in school. Myself included.

Yeah it's mixed, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Start watching some Grange Hill, it is school based and bound to have some pointers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Say the exact same thing you said last time and then when he says "so you've no better excuse?" or whatever, you roar this word for word at the top of your lungs.

: "Sir, NEGATIVE, sir! Sir, the student believes any answer he gives will be wrong! And that the Principle will only beat him harder if he reverses himself, SIR!"

If done correctly he will ask you who the prefect in your year is, and then call that kid into the office and tell him he's being replaced by you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Take a tip from Fr jack and say "I'm so so so sorry" and if that doesn't work hit him with your brick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭stimpson

Three pages in an nobody had come up with the correct answer.

Tell him to cop the fcuk on and if he wants to take it any further you'll tell the guards he touched you in your special place. Give him a big smile and run out of his office crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Is the deputy principal male or female.You didn't mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Happened to me one evening. Chatting to a girl in a bar, we were getting along great then she suggested we go back to her place, but that there would be no action as she was on her menstural cycle. I asked her for a cross bar home. She went to the jacks and never came back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Stick it to the man. voices of discontent need to be heard in places with a organisational structure .

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

I remember the anxiety i used feel when i got in that kind of trouble in school, it used seem like the worst thing.

Looking back now, it was complete pointless, needless worry.

My only regret is not getting in even more trouble and increasing my school rep a bit :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

iDave wrote: »
    Tell him he wouldn't last 5 minutes in the private sector where you have to worry about real things.

I work in the private sector and have never worried about real things.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Tell him you've reported yourself to the Equalities Commission and you cannot comment whilst there is an open investigation.

Alternatively, just say no, no better excuse. What's the worst that can happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

"Must be that time of the month?"

I'm shocked that we are even discussing this.

Sure that's the kind of remark that you'd expect a school kid to come out with.

BBJBIG wrote: »
    you
    displaying the first signs of Madness.

Suggs walking up the drive....boom tish, the oldies are the best.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

You must prove to him that you are a ferocious warrior who is prepared to find to the death.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

Also you better hope he does not read boards as you called him fairly ignorant in your opening post. Now that would really add fuel to the fire and make your deputy principal blow his top if he is already that touchy about things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

If the head is female and she starts screaming at you ask her is she on the rag

We also need to rule out the possibility that it was indeed due to one of the girls who was having their period, and who also happened to be within earshot of OP.

Vice P had to do something to diffuse the conversation in that case, and would be onside in this situation.

In which case, OP should plead ignorance of the facts, and beg Lord Sugar to let him remain in the process because he has learnt from what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Yeah it's mixed, thanks!

My school was mixed this is nothing OP. You'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Don't worry, I'm not afraid and I know how to stand my ground as I've been given out to before for being too defiant and folding my arms when talking to teacher as they said this was a "Defence Mechanism".

Damn! Are you my eldest? Did you most recently get into trouble for standing your ground against the Principal and 3 other teachers for wearing the wrong colour t-shirt under your uniform (even though your hair is pink at the moment)? Oh no, wait...that was the second last time. Last was for persistent drawing in Irish, and I was dragged in...

Gotta love teenage lads :cool: Just nod, smile and make promises OP. That's what I tell my eldest. Only 5 months to go, thank fcuk.

• Advertisement

Shrap wrote: »
    Last was for persistent drawing in Irish.

How would one draw in Irish? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Well lads, I'm in 5th Year and today whilst walking down the hallway there were drops of blood on the floor and a few people gathered around it until the Deputy Principal wiped it up with tissue. As I was walking by I said "Must be that time of the Month again" kinda loudly although I only really meant to say it to the lad beside me. The Deputy Principal heard me and sent me to the Principal's office. He shouted at me for a minute or so asking me "what was so funny about it?" and I replied saying "there was nothing funny about it" as I truly regretted it and admitted I was foolish to do it. He then asked me who I was saying it to and I told him that I was saying it to the lad beside me, I didn't really know who was beside me but I knew that they were in my year. He told me to think of a better excuse and sent me out of the Office and into the hallway for the remainder of the day. When the school bell rang he told me he'd continue with the conversation in the morning and that I better have "A good damn excuse".

So, does anyone have any suggestions for what I should use as an excuse tomorrow? The problem with my principal is that he'd ignorant and doesn't let you speak for yourself. I guarantee tomorrow that he will at some point interrupt me and say that I' talking crap. I realise that I'm wrong and that I shouldn't have done it and I really don't know what t say as an excuse tomorrow. All help is extremely appreciated.

Ffs you're in fifth year not fifth class. You've got your leaving Cert in 17 months' time. You made a period joke which was pretty low brow (and depending on what caused the blood, bad taste) but if you aren't in a co-ed school, who the hell cares? Even if you are, it was just a stupid thing to say, and you don't really need this headache of "you better have a good excuse or else".

Anyway,... what excuse? You were looking at your phone and seeing the Harvey Norman's First Friday of the Month Sale Madness being advertised? That you have Tourette's? That you guessed the Vamps vs Goths "Corridor Battle During Full Moons" had arrived?

ffs

strobe wrote: »
    How would one draw in Irish? :confused:

Ah, drawing while in Irish class rather than drawing pictures that are somehow drawn different in Irish rather than English.... I need more sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

I only checked in here to make sure it wasn't one of my kids involved. Nope, all's good. Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Sounds like he likes to show his power, he should be a Mod on here !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Tell him you seen it on tv and didn't know it was unacceptable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

vandriver wrote: »

Heh. Read it OP. If that person is female you are history. Coz they will have no doubt you made the comment about her. You are fooked. Google a few schools near you: mammy will be needing to a ghost recon shortly. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

vandriver wrote: »

Deputy Principal is Female.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭ewinslet

To go into teaching in the first place you need to be a sadistic bitter person who wants to make the younger generation equally miserable. The principal is acting this way because he wants you to feel miserable for a couple of hours. There'll probably be nothing about it tomorrow OP, but if there is, just repeat what you said today and there's nothing more he can do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

"Sir I was talking about my next period.
    I mean blood...wait..

What do we call our lunch break again?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement