Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

WittyName1 wrote:
    Your hr department might require your gp to fill in their part first. The company I work in insisted on this, as they needed the doctor to confirm my due date on the form so that they knew I was finishing up work within the regulations.

I'm hoping this isn't the case because my manager said the job will need a cert confirming my due date but that hr should sign the form in advance to that.
    We have a hr dept in Dublin but all official stuff has to go to the UK which is annoying.
    I'm living in Dublin and the doctor I'm seeing is in Newbridge so its a hassle to go up just for a form. I'm not due to see her for another 2 weeks.
    I'll just have to wait and see what they do

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

I filled in my form and dropped it to HR yesterday. Hoping I wasn't meant to get my doctor to sign it first, whoops.

Lying on the sofa feeling humungous tonight. How can I get bigger for another three months

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭chakademus

Oh Ms Tootsie, I am the exact same. I feel massive and can't fathom getting bigger for a further three months. I even feel a waddle setting in the odd time when I'm wrecked. Just reading Catchery's post earlier re baby size and I have a feeling my sprog will be also be a big bruiser! EEEK!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I'm not all that big, I'm carrying nothing but bump to the front but I still feel huge! I'm in getting my GD test at the moment and I'm smaller than all of the other ladies in getting it done.

People tell me I am neat and not that big but I dont know whether to believe them lol! So far I am mainly bump but I notice extra in the last week or so around my hips and butt. I feel huge though and stretched to capacity - which I know is madness given that I have another 3 months to go!

• Advertisement

I hear you with feeling stretched!! The skin on my belly feels so taut, I do wonder how much more it can go!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Goodluck with the gd test borderlinemeath hope all goes well for you! You will be surprised how much your body can stretch when needed !

oooooh totally missed that about the GD test. Best of luck! I hope it goes well :)

Got my form back from HR all filled in so now I just need my doctor to sign it and that's me ready to send it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

Good morning ladies how is everyone today?
    The sleepless nights have started getting dead legs and cannot get comfy at all oh well ! Baby is kicking so hard if i put anything on my bump it gets kicked off my kids are loving this ! Im 29 weeks and im getting my bag ready from advice from the midwife lets hope baby stays inside kicking for a long time yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

My HR dept asked me to bring my form to the doc to get signed first so it's coming with me to Holles Street next week.

Still sleeping a lot but waking up frequently for a few mins, in part thanks to snoring husband...

Had a couple of Braxton Hicks contractions so far. Had a big one in my parent's house yesterday!

• Advertisement

Going to start on my bag this week as well. Sleep in a bit better actually for me because the sciatica has gotten so much better. Everything moving up I suppose has allowed a relief. I hear ya re the kicks!

Sweet suffering Jebus, the kicks!

Baby has always been very active, but the past week has ramped up a gear or two, I was woken at 4.30am last night and just couldn't get back to sleep with the activity, and the intensity of the kicking and thumping. From only feeling movement when I sit down and relax it's gone to full on all day kicking - I was reading a text on my phone with my hands resting on my bump while leaning against the kitchen counter and the phone was nearly knocked out of my hand!:eek:

In other news, the GD test must have been negative, I asked on leaving when I would find out and was told I'd only be called if it was positive, and that I should hear by this afternoon at the latest. My next appointment isn't for another 2 weeks so all good.

Oh thats a good sign regarding the GD test borderline. Like you ladies I have noticed a definite bump ([pardon the pun) in nuggets activity. While it is lovely it is starting to wake me at night or if it kicks off before I get to sleep I have to wait until the little one tires themselves out lol.

27 weeks and so far still have energy and sleeping isnt too bad apart from waking up again during the night. Although in the evenings and often when I go to bed I get horrible restless legs and it is so uncomfortable verging on painful.

In with the midwives today as part of my combined care. I had so many appointments at the beginning as I was high risk having had a few procedures for abnormal smears - more an extra precaution more than anything else - so not I am down to straight forward and I was able to move to combined care like I wanted this will be my first appointment in almost six weeks. It was a welcome break to know I was grand enough to be able to move to the option I wanted but after all the countless appointments at the beginning it has felt like ages between this one and my last one lol. I cant wait to hear how nugget is getting on.

If one more person says to me 'oh nearly there now' I'm going to crack up.

If one more person says to me 'oh nearly there now' I'm going to crack up.

Or "You won't find it now".... Ive got 80 something days left!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

chakademus wrote:
    Or "You won't find it now".... Ive got 80 something days left!!!

Or commenting on size!! I'm sorry but on a normal day you don't say how skinny or fat I am so why start now! Maybe that's just me though lol

One of my colleagues yesterday: "You're looking very large"
    Me: "That's a very tactful comment to make"
    Them: "..."

Oh my god I can't believe that dobbit. Cheek of him. People think pregnant ladies are a free for all lol

Dobbit wrote: »
    One of my colleagues yesterday: "You're looking very large"
    Me: "That's a very tactful comment to make"
    Them: "..."

I would have said your face is looking very punch-able,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Haha, I left a meeting last week and someone said 'Good luck in your last few days'.

I didn't have the heart to tell them I had 11 weeks to go, it would have just been too awkward..

• Advertisement

Macha wrote: »
    Haha, I left a meeting last week and someone said 'Good luck in your last few days'.

I didn't have the heart to tell them I had 11 weeks to go, it would have just been too awkward..

This happened to me too, "You've only 2 weeks left!" "err 10..."

Just back from my first ante natal class, just kind of an intro session. The midwife who runs it is bonkers but very funny "we couldn't get an irish woman who was happy to have 3 cameramen in her vagina so we found a very enthusiastic American!" when talking about the delivery video they show in class 6. Got a couple of tips, take galfer fa for iron, much much better than pregnacare and buy an exercise ball.

She sounds great Dobbit! Would definitely hold you attention anyway lol.

On the subject of bad comments at lunch a woman told me I was getting bigger by the day, I get on fairly well with her so I told her she shouldnt really say that to a pregnant woman, she replied with the very tactful 'oh but it's only because you are getting huge now'. Eh WTF?! I told her she'd have someone in tears with a comment like that. And I am not even huge, I have a definite bump but sure I would need to - I am over six months pregnant after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Oops I'm behind as usual with the posts! good to read all the good news though! :-)

Ms Tootsie - NI was much better than I thought it would be, we were lucky enough with the weather and saw quite a bit so happy days! I'll definitely go back! :-) found the titanic museum a bit disappointing to be honest, but still it's worth visiting!

29 weeks today and lots of kicking as well although most of the time I still sleep OK enough... I do wake up quite tired though...

Loving my yoga classes so far! Had 2 and am looking forward to more!

2 more weeks to the next appointment, can't wait to hear more news and updates :-)

Slowly working on the nursery too, so much fun and so exciting! Now gotta start thinking about the bag, eek!

9 weeks to go!! 7 more in work!! aghhhhhh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Dobbit wrote: »
    9 weeks to go!! 7 more in work!! aghhhhhh

I feel your pain. I have 8 weeks to go in work and I'm already dragging myself into work in the mornings. I'm lucky I have enough holidays to take off one day a week from now on so I don't work any full weeks. Also, I'm trying to work from home as much as possible because sometimes just getting up and dressed feels like a full day's work!

Have any of you started receiving gifts already? I'm not sure whether to already send thank you cards or wait until the baby arrives and send one with the usual photo etc. Anyone else have an idea what's best?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Macha wrote: »
    Have any of you started receiving gifts already? I'm not sure whether to already send thank you cards or wait until the baby arrives and send one with the usual photo etc. Anyone else have an idea what's best?

Oh I haven't thought about it yet but I guess I would wait for when the baby is born? No gifts here yet apart from some bits and bobs from the in laws... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

So OH and I need to get butts in gear and start buying some stuff. I have a buggy, but anybody have any suggestions of a good website that will guide me on what else I need. I'm first of friends and family so no one to really guide me. I'm a bit of a minimalist too, don't believe that we need a lot of the new gimmicky gadgets out there so a website that doesn't try to scaremonger me in to needing every little thing would be nice too. TIA

We've builders in doing an extension so nowhere really to store any bits at all! I worked in nursery for a few years so know what I need and what's really not necessary but I'm sure I'll pick up more once the baby is here. So far all I've done is ordered the buggy and car seat, but I'm going to have to start getting a few bits to get my hospital bag sorted, even though I'm only 28 weeks this week.

• Advertisement

I got a crib (which I needed) and a baby bouncer delivered to me. They were ordered from relatives in Canada so I was delighted. Can't wait to get my fella to set the crib up during the week. And will leave it in the spare room.
    We have a lodger in the house so will have to tell him to leave soon.
    Was 29 weeks yesterday so have 10 weeks left in work. Going to see my doc and get a mini scan this wed so will get her to sign my maternity leave form there and get the ball rolling ! :)

Advertisement