Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gales/Stormy Conditions in Connacht & Ulster Dec 10-11th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Max Carr wrote: »
    What do you mean?

The "Eire" bit

• Site Banned Posts: 34 Max Carr

barney 20v wrote: »
    The "Eire" bit

Why? That's what it says on my passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Tactical wrote: »
    If you're not used to strong headwinds, your arms may get a little tired

Thanks for that I really needed a laugh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

14m waves off the coast of Donegal currently:

M4
    62093 10 Dec
    12:00 1012.7 279 34 gust 52 7.3 n/a n/a 13.4 14.0 11.1

http://www.met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Still very wild here in Donegal there doesn't seem to be any let up, impressive storm, I didn't think it would be this bad to be honest.

• Advertisement

Plane really rocking about on the stand at Liverpool airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Unless you're heading for the outer Heb's Maxine, it should be fine.

1330hrs.png
    29mph.png

I'd take the lucky rabbits foot, bag of salt, water from lourdes, gps watch, garlic, something new, old and blue just to be on the safe side all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Pangea wrote: »
    Still very wild here in Donegal there doesn't seem to be any let up, impressive storm, I didn't think it would be this bad to be honest.

You're right Pangea. As bad as ever here right now in South Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

earlier this morning, Roonagh pier Louisburgh

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Timfy

Currently experiencing strong Easterly winds .... thanks to my weather station rotating 180 degrees! Not overly fanciful of getting up the ladder to fix it either!

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Advertisement

Very rough trip. A lot of very scared passengers. We had a wing tip strike - practically a minor crash ! Not sure why planes are allowed fly in such dangerous conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Literally no let up in Castlebar for over 24 hours now, still getting very severe gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Mullaghmore this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Very rough trip. A lot of very scared passengers. We had a wing tip strike - practically a minor crash ! Not sure why planes are allowed fly in such dangerous conditions.

On landing?

:eek:

What part of Eire were you flying to?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Knocking on the door of sustained Storm Force 10 at Finner (in Donegal) atm. 54mph gusting to 70mph.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    On landing?

:eek:

What part of Eire were you flying to?

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Xenji wrote: »
    Literally no let up in Castlebar for over 24 hours now, still getting very severe gusts.

Some very severe gusts out here in newport. Driving to castlebar was a challenge.
    How long is this expected to last?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

Just about to post that all had gone quiet on Inch Island, Donegal when the hail started again.

Nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Why? That's what it says on my passport.

Usually only English people call Ireland Eire. It makes them easy to distinguish from people who know Ireland well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

It remains a very windy night across the country with Finner reporting a gust of 63kts on the 2200 reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

I think the north coast, but especially the west and north of Scotland was the place to be today.

7FengZ.jpg

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

It remains a very windy night across the country with Finner reporting a gust of 63kts on the 2200 reports.

Strangely whenever I checked latest reports today Finner was usually recording higher gusts than Malin. I haven't seen that happen before

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

Still waiting for a storm in South West Cork, at the moment it's dead calm no rain. maybe will get our turn later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Lightening very close with awfully loud thunder - didn't expect that as part of this storm - south Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Strangely whenever I checked latest reports today Finner was usually recording higher gusts than Malin. I haven't seen that happen before

I think the same thing happened during another storm recently when Finner Camp recorded higher sustained wind speeds than Malin Hd. Which is strange, considering that Malin Hd is far more exposed and has its anemometer located at 20m amsl as opposed the more standard 10 m :confused:

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Wind seems to have picked up dramatically in Ennis in the last few mins can hear it howling down the chimney - no thunder / lightning yet tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Still alot of heavy possibly thundery showers about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

It's lashing and quite windy here in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Still alot of heavy possibly thundery showers about

What's that app?

Some very powerful squalls passing though Galway City in the last hour or so.

Advertisement