Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do any of ye ever get strange thoughts/ideas?

Options
  • 30-11-2014 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

I get strange thoughts from time to time and they are getting worse to the point that I am not sure I will always be able to control them.

For example when I am in very serious formal meetings at work, I often get strange thoughts about doing a big dump on the table or perhaps getting my member out.

Am I alone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Ya it goes something like puff, puff, pass, preach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Am I alone?

Nah, I'd say there's at least two people in your head. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Serious Mental Issues forum thataway >>>>>>

jk, it's prob not serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Wouldn't worry about it OP, it's when you Stop having those thoughts you should though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Would a baby that's jealous technically be a jelly baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

What would a baby look like with a Ronnie drew sized beard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

gay repression

• Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Reminds me of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

I get thoughts sometimes that aren't strange to me. In fact my psychiatrist strokes his beard and says my thoughts are "interesting"........

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

I get strange thoughts from time to time and they are getting worse to the point that I am not sure I will always be able to control them.

For example when I am in very serious formal meetings at work, I often get strange thoughts about doing a big dump on the table or perhaps getting my member out.

Am I alone?

A few times during meetings I've thought about dropping a load on the table.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Sounds pretty normal to me.

I get urges to smack people out of nowhere, who have done nothing wrong. But I wasn't sure if they just we're very smackable looking people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Do you ever get the urge to maybe lick somebody's face when your in a meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Kate Upton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Do you ever get the urge to maybe lick somebody's face when you're in a meeting.

No, I don't want to lick my colleagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Sometimes I get the urge to just push people. Like, if an old women was standing on the platform in a train station I feel like pushing her. I'd never act on these feelings, but I want to push people in front of moving things.

All the time.

My problem is that there is no filter between my mouth and my brain, so my weird thoughts become strange sayings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

At meetings, my thoughts frequently drift into a world of debauchery.

They are called intrusive thoughts and are quite normal, most people can control and dismiss them.

The problem is when they are combined with other conditions like OCD, ADHD or other mental disorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I often think about the table thing as well, i wonder why it is so popular?

What would happen if you actually did this? It isn't against the law is it and you could just say that you really needed to go and you thought the table was the best place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I'm dying a death today after a serious binge last night.

All my thoughts today are frazzled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

No, I don't want to lick my colleagues.

Oh it's just me so. That's a bit worrying:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Anxiety symptoms .... fairly normal, not very pleasant though.

Subconscious probably sending you a message you dont want to hear about the nature of the world you live in, or you can no longer bullsht yourself about the other side of who you are.

Humans didn't last this long without being able to tear some ass.
    Its there for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mountsky

I wouldnt really have thoughts of throwing people in front of stuff or otherwise,but if there was someone for example that I fancied in front of me my thoughts go crrrrrazy altogether,good grief,no stopping them!

God yeh. I often want to set off fire alarms. Or if I'm in the switch room in work I'd love to pull out a load of cables. I haven't though....yet....

I wouldn't set fire to things or anything like that though. Just mildly mischievous things really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

God yeh. I often want to set off fire alarms. Or if I'm in the switch room in work I'd love to pull out a load of cables. I haven't though....yet....

I wouldn't set fire to things or anything like that though. Just mildly mischievous things really.

I'm the same, so much so that I broke the glass in the fire alarm at school as a 15yo and the whole school had to be evacuated :)

Yet! ;)

Maybe it might just be people being mischievous or playful,I certainly wouldn't go all dramatic with it coz,I like other people here I have never acted on mad thoughts!Its more of a psychological rather than a psychiatric thing I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

when im hungover, i wonder how it would feel to have a power drill with a fine drill bit drill into my eye.

Does the eyeball have pain receptors?

Once it starts drilling in, could i close my eye lids and cover up the drill bit except the entry point?

Will stuff come out of the drill hole?

would i feel resistance when trying to move my eye or just not be able to?

Also, i like to think who would i kill first when the Zombie reckoning comes. Probably this girl on facebook i know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

:rolleyes:

I said "strange" thoughts not "stupid" thoughts.

Advertisement