Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

I think MM was right to say that he waited for the last lap to try an overtake, how many races did Rossi win that way, or any other rider? Following the leader and overtake him in the last lap so there is no coming back. Pedrosa spilt that by attacking earlier, but if he makes an error and kicks MM and himself out Rossi is WDC. Also why would MM risk something in fighting Lorenzo hard? He had nothing to win, except the race that he could do with a clean action. imo Rossi threw the championship away by creating a holy crusade against MM, who in his juvenile attitude, did not break but thought back harder than he needed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Harika wrote: »
    I think MM was right to say that he waited for the last lap to try an overtake, how many races did Rossi win that way, or any other rider? Following the leader and overtake him in the last lap so there is no coming back. Pedrosa spilt that by attacking earlier, but if he makes an error and kicks MM and himself out Rossi is WDC. Also why would MM risk something in fighting Lorenzo hard? He had nothing to win, except the race that he could do with a clean action. imo Rossi threw the championship away by creating a holy crusade against MM, who in his juvenile attitude, did not break but thought back harder than he needed too.

So he didn't want to take a risk in overtaking Lorenzo, but almost runs his own teammate off the track when he tries to overtake.

MM was riding shotgun for Lorenzo, and the world could see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

pablo128 wrote: »
    So he didn't want to take a risk in overtaking Lorenzo, but almost runs his own teammate off the track when he tries to overtake.

MM was riding shotgun for Lorenzo, and the world could see it.

MM was still heading for the win and that is easier from P2 than P3 in the last lap, or? Edit as Pedrosas overtake was not clean, both lost their shot on Lorenzo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Jorge's ridden brilliantly all year, it's hard to say he doesn't deserve it.

Just a shame that the best title race in decades has descended into this **** show, we won't see another one like it for a long time.

Think Marquez will be taken aback by the animosity he's going to receive next year, don't think the bubble he's surrounded by will prepare him for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Jorge's ridden brilliantly all year, it's hard to say he doesn't deserve it.

Just a shame that the best title race in decades has descended into this **** show, we won't see another one like it for a long time.

Think Marquez will be taken aback by the animosity he's going to receive next year, don't think the bubble he's surrounded by will prepare him for it.

I'm not a fan of the podium boos but for Marquez to be booed quite loudly in Spain came as a bit of a shock.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

This is beginning to look like a storyline from the WWE.

Lorenzo and Marquez are the heel tag team champions that everyone hates.

Rossi is the baby face with all the odds stacked against him.

h3000 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the podium boos but for Marquez to be booed quite loudly in Spain came as a bit of a shock.

Yeah, it's quite telling.

This is a vid of Rossi and Carmelo Ezpeleta of Dorna after the race. Apparently the translation is along the lines of "you see, what did i tell you on Thursday!"

Ezpeleta's sheepish response speaks volumes!

I do think Marquez has stitched Rossi up in these last 3 races but i hope after today Rossi let's it go. Also it's not Jorge's fault that he's benefited from a feud between the other 2, so hopefully he doesn't get too much stick from the crowds next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I think Marquez is lucky to have got away with his on track actions for as long as he has.
    The Penalty point system came in because of his riding.
    Remember when he torpedoed Rathapack Wilarot in Phillip Island on a supposed slow down lap?
    Sooner or later his luck will turn and hopefully not badly for himself or anyone else around him.
    Dorna and FIM should hang their heads in shame because their inaction allowed this situation to fester and develop into a Grand Farce instead of a Grand Finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Such a shame for it to end like this. If it was a fair battle then so be it, but for them 2 chinless spaniards to team up and go against Rossi, really leaves a bad taste. Seeing some of the comments on instagram show the universal feeling about this.

But congratulations to Marquez on winning the championship...sorry I mean Lorenzo. Same thing really.

This should be a legit/legal live stream to the awards ceremony. My connection is too **** right now to watch it.

http://assets-iframe.ggwebcast.com/dorna/01/01/

• Advertisement

Apparently Vale never showed to collect his award tonight. He is not doing himself any favours lately either.

Apparently Vale never showed to collect his award tonight. He is not doing himself any favours lately either.

What award did he win?

Pugzilla wrote: »
    What award did he win?

Second place in the 2015 MotoGP World Championship

What award did he win?

Silver medal for 2nd place

Second place in the 2015 MotoGP World Championship

I wouldn't have accepted that either, it would legitimise what Lorenzo and Marquez have achieved.

I wouldn't have accepted that either, it would legitimise what Lorenzo and Marquez have achieved.

I still believe he should have showed up for the awards.

It really does look like Marquez was intentionally interfering with Rossi's title hopes, particularly today and Sepang. I'm not so convinced Lorenzo had an agreement with Marquez though but he did take advantage of the situation. Lorenzo is just an awful winner/loser and really says/does the wrong things all the time.

I'm so pissed Vale did not take the championship today but he rode a great season and in my mind is the GOAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

what tv channels show this nowadays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

BT sport

Is the online Video Pass worth it? How much for the season?
    Getting tired of using 360p streams.

In general it's meant to be great but I believe it crashed twice or more today. I'd imagine today had particularly high traffic though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭emo72

getting tired of the fragmentation of different sports on different stations requiring subscriptions. 50 euro a month to sky and they only have some of the matches. im off to the land of free streaming lads. was prepared to pay a premium for sports coverage, but if i paid for everything i wanted it could easily hit over 100 month. now they get nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

surely theres some hd streams out there, in kodi land maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Videopass is not much better sometimes. Today was awful. Race froze several times. I might just get BT altogether next year. Definitely don't get multi-screen. You won't use it and if you do, there can be a 2-4 second differnce with the sync on each screen. MotoGP had 1.2 million viewers on BBC. On BTsport it has 150K. That has to damage a sport severly in the long run with far fewer new fans coming in.

1611018_179291285748829_8707798784643445092_n.jpg

Lorenzo on Spanish TV after the race.
    “They knew what I had in play. The fact they are Spaniards like me helped me.

“That helped me because for sure in another kind of race they would have tried to overtake, which they didn't this time.

“If Valentino had been in my position and with Italians behind they would have done exactly the same. The title had to be for Spain.”

So there you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I am a fan of Rossi, but he can't play mind games with Marquez and expect him to do nothing, the commentators on the Video pass said, this race will be all down to the Hondas, and they were 100% right, and one of the people on the Hondas was someone who Rossi had annoyed when he should have known better,
    Surely when Rossi was taking a pop at Marquez he should have realised that there was a chance he could be inbetween him and Jorge before the season was out,
    The last few races have ruined what was a good season,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Silver medal for 2nd place

OR...1st loser medal...........:)

At the end of the day Rossi showed his true colours in Sepang, his "win or die trying" attitude throughout his career was always there waiting to air its ugly head....its probably the reason MM admired and emulates him .
    But for all his experiance he couldnt help himself and messed up surely his last chance of a world championship..

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

I bought it with 5 races to go, for €40. It's normally €99 for the year.

It's the first time i've done so, and enjoyed having it. I like having the on-demand access to press confeences, practice, qualifying & race plus there's a bit of behind the scenes stuff. I much prefer the commentators on videopass too.

The race yesterday was a disater though. It froze just as the the lights were about to go out and i ended up missing the first 4 laps. It froze again halfway through the race and i missed another few laps. The picture was very jumpy for the last 10 laps or so too. Really annoyed but i suppose it was the volume of traffic which perhaps they couldn't handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

DaveD wrote: »
    Really annoyed but i suppose it was the volume of traffic which perhaps they couldn't handle.

They know exactly how many subscriptions they've sold. They should make sure they have the infrastructure in place to handle them.

By the way, it does un-freeze itself eventually and play from the same spot. So while you might be 20-40 seconds behind live, you won't miss anything if you wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Watched all the races on CRICFREE...didnt freeze for more than a couple of seconds a few times...ok it wasnt HD but it cost me nothing ..

Advertisement