Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tamir Rice Video Released

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I was referring to their intelligence. Cops in America aren't the best and brightest.

You also referred to their race did you not. Do you have a evidence to suggest that cops in general are more stupid than the general population. Your a scientist so where is the proof? Peer reviewed research please.

Or are you just having a rant?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

jank wrote: »
    You also referred to their race did you not. Do you have a evidence to suggest that cops in general are more stupid than the general population. Your a scientist so where is the proof? Peer reviewed research please.

Or are you just having a rant?

I lived there for a small time. The entry requirements for being a cop in America aren't huge.

Do you want me to go through the evidence of how these men weren't very intelligent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

They shot a kid with a toy gun. A kid is shot and you get some spineless cops saying that "they were scared/we had to protect ourselves. There was a gaurd a few years ago who ran after a man carrying a shotgun and successfully arrested him. They first need to employ intelligent cops and ones with balls.

It's a BB replica. It's a toy that looks like the real deal, as the cops approached, he looked like he is taking it out of his pants.
    The murderers killed a young boy. They drove in close to a kid who might have had a gun and shot him. The shoot to kill policy isn't working.

In the video it's obvious he has a gun, they didn't know it was a toy gun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

It's a BB replica. It's a toy that looks like the real deal, as the cops approached, he looked like he is taking it out of his pants.

In the video it's obvious he has a gun, they didn't know it was a toy gun though.

Listen we'll have to agree to disagree. I think it's wrong to react to a kid with a gun (Real or not) by instantly shooting him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I lived there for a small time. The entry requirements for being a cop in America aren't huge.

Do you want me to go through the evidence of how these men weren't very intelligent?

So all you have is anecdotal evidence rather than empirical evidence. Tut tut and your the scientist not me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭elguapo

Further video of the incident released. They left a 12 yeard old boy dying on the ground, then tackled and handcuffed his 14 year old sister. Those men are evil.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jan/08/cleveland-police-handcuffed-sister-tamir-rice-lay-dying-video

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

It is a sad state of affairs that a nation has been so indoctrinated with fear and violence that the first assumption made for a child holding a weapon is that they intend to murder people with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

America and their guns.

There is no fixing this. The police need to be armed because the entire population is armed. Incidents like this will keep happening and not a thing can be done about it except to learn where they went wrong and not follow them.

There was a thread recently in here about arming the Gardaí. Take a look at this situation the next time arming the Gardaí discussion arises . This would never happen here because when a little irish skobe pulls out a BB gun, our cops don't have the facility to shoot him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It was decided today that the officers involved in this shooting won't face criminal charges.

CNN)Prosecutors say the police officer who killed 12-year-old Tamir Rice outside a Cleveland recreation center last year won't face criminal charges. Neither will the other officer who was with him.

An Ohio grand jury decided not to indict Officers Timothy Loehmann and Frank Garmback, prosecutor Tim McGinty said Monday.

"Given this perfect storm of human error, mistakes and communications by all involved that day, the evidence did not indicate criminal conduct by police," McGinty said.

Loehmann, an officer-in-training, shot 12-year-old Tamir on November 22, 2014. Garmback was training him.

"It is likely that Tamir, whose size made him look much older and who had been warned his pellet gun might get him into trouble that day, either intended to hand it over to the officers or show them it wasn't a real gun," McGinty said. "But there was no way for the officers to know that, because they saw the events rapidly unfolding in front of them from a very different perspective."

It was "reasonable" to believe the officer who killed the boy believed Tamir was a threat, the prosecutor said, adding that the toy gun looked real.

A recent FBI video analysis, the prosecutor said, showed Tamir "was drawing his gun from his waist as the police slid toward him and Officer Loehmann exited the car." After the shooting, officers discovered it was a toy gun.

The shooting sparked controversy given Tamir's age and the fact that he had a pellet gun, not a handgun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Why in the name of all that's intelligent would you drive in closer to a kid you thought was a threat putting yourself in a position where you feel you have to shoot? Apart from the obvious intellectual deficiencies.

Because its a policeman's job to put himself in harms,s way so that some one else doesn't get hurt ?

Have you not been around for the couple of hundred or so years ?

I agree it shouldn't have happened but in america where police are activity being targeted by come sections of the protest movements its not and unexpected byproduct of waving a realistic looking toy gun around in a public park.
    Approximately 160 police were killed in america last year by something that looked exactly like the toy that child had in his hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

If I ever have a gun and see another person drawing a gun on me you better believe they are getting shot, well done those police men on doing their job

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Who ever thought executing a child would garner so much praise

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Because its a policeman's job to put himself in harms,s way so that some one else doesn't get hurt ?

Have you not been around for the couple of hundred or so years ?

I agree it shouldn't have happened but in america where police are activity being targeted by come sections of the protest movements its not and unexpected byproduct of waving a realistic looking toy gun around in a public park.
    Approximately 160 police were killed in america last year by something that looked exactly like the toy that child had in his hand.
    as they would have some idea of the difference (i'm afraid i don't buy they wouldn't) there is no excuse for this complete incompetents i'm afraid.
    montyrebel wrote: »
    If I ever have a gun and see another person drawing a gun on me you better believe they are getting shot

they aren't getting shot. it is illegal to cary a fire arm in public in ireland unless your a member of the emergency responce unit or the army in the act of duty. maybe ireland isn't the country for you?
    well done those police men on doing their job

not well done on those dregs for killing a kid due to incompetents. hopefully they will be out of the force as quickly as possible for public safety.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

as they would have some idea of the difference (i'm afraid i don't buy they wouldn't) there is no excuse for this complete incompetents i'm afraid.

they aren't getting shot. it is illegal to cary a fire arm in public in ireland unless your a member of the emergency responce unit or the army in the act of duty. maybe ireland isn't the country for you?

not well done on those dregs for killing a kid due to incompetents. hopefully they will be out of the force as quickly as possible for public safety.

Listen eotr you have your usual agenda of ultra left wing liberal whatever but at least try to read the posts .

why dont you go on to one of the many airsoft sites and look at the guns there.
    they are painstakingly accurate replicas , down to adding metal to make the weight correct. Its difficult to tell airsoft from real until you have it in your had , no level of training can do that for you

There are many members of the gardai in both local and national units that carry firearms and are not members of the ERU.
    there are thousands of legally held firearms in ireland that can be carried in public in at events or to and from events

Please wait until you have something intelligent to say or dont say anything at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

They were never going to get convicted given some other high profile shootings by cops where the person murdered didn't even have a replica gun and nothing happened those cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭ASoberThought

They mowed the kid down.

I get their point of view but I feel that there had to of been a better way of handling this. Approaching from a distance and requesting that he disarm himself for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Listen eotr you have your usual agenda of ultra left wing liberal whatever

wrong, common sense is nothing to do with left wing liberal anything. but i suppose when one sides with police officers no matter what they do, at all costs, then it would be hard for them to get that.
    at least try to read the posts .

how can i respond to something if i don't read it. the fact i responded is clue enough that i did indeed read the posts. maybe you find it hard to comprehend that but thats not my problem
    Please wait until you have something intelligent to say or dont say anything at all.

i will say what i like unless it goes against the charter. instead of backseat moderating maybe actually respond to what i said.

There are many members of the gardai in both local and national units that carry firearms and are not members of the ERU.

yes? and? i'm well aware of it, however my post still stands.
    there are thousands of legally held firearms in ireland that can be carried in public in at events or to and from events

i'd imagine they couldn't wave such fire arms in public (well maybe they can, its ireland)

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

wrong, common sense is nothing to do with left wing liberal anything. but i suppose when one sides with police officers no matter what they do, at all costs, then it would be hard for them to get that.

how can i respond to something if i don't read it. the fact i responded is clue enough that i did indeed read the posts. maybe you find it hard to comprehend that but thats not my problem

i will say what i like unless it goes against the charter. instead of backseat moderating maybe actually respond to what i said.

yes? and? i'm well aware of it, however my post still stands.

i'd imagine they couldn't wave such fire arms in public (well maybe they can, its ireland)

so even though i ve corrected tow of your incorrect assumption you are standing by them eh ? common sense right ? lol

go home eodr your drunk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

They mowed the kid down.

I get their point of view but I feel that there had to of been a better way of handling this. Approaching from a distance and requesting that he disarm himself for example.

I agree. They just drive up and shoot him. There is no attempt to assess the situation at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

He was a child.

This shouldn't have happened.

• Advertisement

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3377431/Is-picture-convinced-grand-jury-not-charge-Tamir-Rice-s-killers-Photo-compares-12-year-old-s-toy-gun-real-weapon-John-Legend-leads-celebrity-outrage-decision.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/tamir-rice-gun-heres-what-airsoft-rifle-cleveland-officers-mistook-real-weapon-looked-2241817

http://abcnews.go.com/US/toy-gun-tamir-rice-holding-prosecutors/story?id=35982086

But you know better right because you have all the facts and extensive legal experience and intimate knowledge of policing.

Reports of a young male waving what appears to be a hand gun around a public park and pointing it at various things of screen.
    Police arrive to investigate, prevent some one getting killed knowing that they them selfs may well be the intended target and react quicker than they should becase they dont want to be one of the 160 odd cops that are killed in america every year.

Its a cultural issue its silly to blame one person

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3377431/Is-picture-convinced-grand-jury-not-charge-Tamir-Rice-s-killers-Photo-compares-12-year-old-s-toy-gun-real-weapon-John-Legend-leads-celebrity-outrage-decision.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/tamir-rice-gun-heres-what-airsoft-rifle-cleveland-officers-mistook-real-weapon-looked-2241817

http://abcnews.go.com/US/toy-gun-tamir-rice-holding-prosecutors/story?id=35982086

But you know better right because you have all the facts and extensive legal experience and intimate knowledge of policing.

Reports of a young male waving what appears to be a hand gun around a public park and pointing it at various things of screen.
    Police arrive to investigate, prevent some one getting killed knowing that they them selfs may well be the intended target and react quicker than they should becase they dont want to be one of the 160 odd cops that are killed in america every year.

Its a cultural issue its silly to blame one person

The dispatcher was told it was a replica that's a fact .
    The cops pulled up and executed the kid without a second thought.

To Serve and Protect .

Not judge jury and execute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭Xterminator

He was a child.

This shouldn't have happened.

because guns shot by a child are less lethal than guns fired by adults?

It shouldn't have happened, we agree on that part but are the cops legally culpable of homicide or is a societal issue?

I personally believe its society issue caused by the gun culture that they cant and wont address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If I ever have a gun and see a child with a cap gun you better believe they are getting shot, well done those police men on doing their job
    That would be a more accurate description of this incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

So let me get this right, There is no case to answer for and people are CT moaning about that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Ban all airsoft guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Gatling wrote: »
    The dispatcher was told it was a replica that's a fact .
    The cops pulled up and executed the kid without a second thought.

To Serve and Protect .

Not judge jury and execute

Right....
    Dispatchers for 911 had also not told the officers the gun was thought to be fake by the time they arrived at the scene.

Sheeps wrote: »
    Ban all airsoft guns.

Why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

If he'd have been a white kid waving an airsoft gun in the Hamptons he'd still be alive.

• Advertisement

Trekker09 wrote: »
    If he'd have been a white kid waving an airsoft gun in the Hamptons he'd still be alive.

Very highly likely .

Funny it's happend here 8 or 9 times and yet nobody gets shot or killed by armed gardai

Advertisement