Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tamir Rice Video Released

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

no no, its the junk who were hired as cops who are at fault for being to trigger happy

we know he was murdered but nothing else. bolivia isn't the most trust worthy of countries tbh.

considering prosecution of cops is rare over there, thats not surprising. however it doesn't mean he wasn't in the wrong or at fault. he definitely isn't totally innocent.

Yes he is...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

gctest50 wrote: »

From what I see in the video is a youth wandering around a park pointing, and most likely intimidating people, with what appears to be a gun.
    When you take into consideration the level of gun crime and schools being shot up by disenfranchised youths, I don't think the first thing going through a cops head is "... I betcha it's only a fake"
    If someone wants to act all gangsta pointing guns, fake or otherwise, then there can be consequences, sometimes lethal consequences, unfortunately as in this case.
    If some fool was in Stephens Green doing the same and reached for a gun hidden in his waist band when approched, you could possibly end up having the same outcome.
    Tragic, but not entirely the cops fault given the state of the country and it's gun crime record.

Sheeps wrote: »
    Ban Airsoft

As if thats going to have even the tiniest remotest effect on illegal arms and gun crime.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ban Airsoft

Lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Sparks wrote: »
    Police being issued MRAPs and APCs and millions of dollars worth of military hardware without justification on the other hand...

Eh?

San Bernadino seemed to be a pretty reasonable example recently as to why they are useful in US law enforcement.

One from my neck of the woods last year. http://www.recordnet.com/article/20150817/NEWS/150819763

The report also noted that, although 14 police vehicles were disabled as a result of the rolling shootout, no police officers or bystanders were injured.

If the guys they're chasing (in this case, bank raiders with a hostage) are shooting at and disabling over a dozen police cruisers in a single chase, then damned straight they need armored vehicles.

And it's not as if law enforcement in Europe don't have military-spec armored vehicles to use.

• Advertisement

Eh?

San Bernadino seemed to be a pretty reasonable example recently as to why they are useful in US law enforcement.

One from my neck of the woods last year. http://www.recordnet.com/article/20150817/NEWS/150819763

The report also noted that, although 14 police vehicles were disabled as a result of the rolling shootout, no police officers or bystanders were injured.

If the guys they're chasing (in this case, bank raiders with a hostage) are shooting at and disabling over a dozen police cruisers in a single chase, then damned straight they need armored vehicles.

And it's not as if law enforcement in Europe don't have military-spec armored vehicles to use.

Wonder why they never went with up armoured cruisers ,
    rather than mine resistant Mraps your a former tanker which would you rather have If your were a beat cop

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Ban Airsoft

no
    What a load of tripe....

wrong. what he wrote is fact.
    Yes he is...

he isn't.
    Ban Airsoft
    What a load of tripe....
    Eh?

of course. military kit for a military police. at least they will be ready for when the big internal american war starts

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Just ban it, there's no need for airsoft at all. It just gets people killed.

Just ban it, there's no need for airsoft at all. It just gets people killed.

No it doesn't

It's played across the world and nobody gets killed

Gatling wrote: »
    No it doesn't

It's played across the world and nobody gets killed
    *Apart from Tamir Rice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Gatling wrote: »
    Wonder why they never went with up armoured cruisers ,
    rather than mine resistant Mraps your a former tanker which would you rather have If your were a beat cop

It's an interesting question, at least to the point of armoring windshields. Many cruisers will have some kevlar in the door panels (The cop taking cover behind their open door isn't as stupid as it appears). Armoring the whole car is unreasonable, the weight will do terrible things to their routine service life of patrolling (plus the cost of fuel), and performance will suffer.

The advantages of taking an ex-military PC over an armored cruiser for special call-outs is that firstly, the ex-military PC is going to be a whole hell of a lot cheaper (The thing's already been built, and is otherwise just going to sit around rusting), and the larger vehicle can more easily conduct a larger variety of functions, from transporting SWAT teams, through being a rolling bullet shield, to doing evacuations. It's why, if a department can afford to buy a special-build vehicle, they go with vehicles like Bearcat, not an armored Dodge Charger. More bang for the buck.

*Apart from Tamir Rice

Ahh, but he wasn't playing Airsoft, was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Airsoft gun or real gun doesn't matter. It would have been impossible for the cop to know 100% which type it was.

Secondly, take out a gun and attempt to point it at a cop and what do you expect to happen?

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Airsoft gun or real gun doesn't matter. It would have been impossible for the cop to know 100% which type it was.

Secondly, take out a gun and attempt to point it at a cop and what do you expect to happen?

I agree, ban airsoft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I agree, ban airsoft

I know you're on a wind up, but I'll pretend to believe you're not.

No reason to ban it. Like I said airsoft does attract the Walter Mitty type, and maybe I shouldn't mock it like I do as sometimes I'm genuinely complimented when I talk to airsofters.

Its harmless fun, and the gear does look great.

Re. The Walt remarks, I'm also involved in Martial Arts and believe me we get Walts there too, esp the Krav Maga people (my how my eyes roll when they start) ~ Oh and the UFC fanboy/CmcG bandwagon jumpers too, they break my heart.

Banning airsoft is a silly suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I agree, ban airsoft

You should be more subtle when trolling.

Advertisement