Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon d3200 w 18-55mm Lens €270 in Argos (€245 with Nikon Cashback)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

mark13 wrote: »
    Just a quick question, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking to buy this lens online http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-50mm-F1-4G-AF-S-Nikkor/dp/B001GCVA0U,

It doesn't necessarily have to be Nikon branded.

Is there any chance it might show up in the Amazon black Friday sales at some stage or should I just order this one?

Thanks!

Does it have to be 1.4? The 1.8 costs half as much - http://amzn.to/1FtuApw.

Check YouTube (Digital Rev and Matt Granger) for comparisons. Also look for a Sigma 50mm 1.4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZiwizm4TuA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd_uhL2yxeo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

Here is another place (Camera World UK) delivering a refurb model (Usually Just Brand New with an open box!) for the same price £199 with the VR (Image Stabilising) Lens. 6 Month Warranty included too!

May have to be delivered through Parcel Motel. Just as good a deal imo.

http://www.cameraworld.co.uk/refurbished-nikon-d3200-18-55mm-vr-12750.html
    Link ain't working dj.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

dodzy wrote: »
    Link ain't working dj.

Thats strange, link from HUKD is broken too, they may have changed the page. I'll fix when I notice it's back!

Can i just say I DO NOT WORK FOR NIKON BTW! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kneelson

Thats strange, link from HUKD is broken too, they may have changed the page. I'll fix when I notice it's back!

Can i just say I DO NOT WORK FOR NIKON BTW! :D

when did you actually spot this deal dj?? definitely goin to chase this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

Kneelson wrote: »
    when did you actually spot this deal dj?? definitely goin to chase this one

It seems like they've taken down the link but here's the redurb d3100 with VR lens for £159! Another cracking deal:

http://www.cameraworld.co.uk/new-equipment/reburbished-bargains/refurbished-cameras/refurbished-nikon-d3100-18-55mm-dx.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

• Registered Users Posts: 4 -G

i know it's a long shot but i've just spotted this and would have loved to get this deal - any chance anyone else has a reservation code left? don't mind traveling if i have to but dublin would be great. thanks in advance...

-G wrote: »
    i know it's a long shot but i've just spotted this and would have loved to get this deal - any chance anyone else has a reservation code left? don't mind traveling if i have to but dublin would be great. thanks in advance...

Pretty sure they all expired yesterday COB, regardless.

ahh - ok - thanks anyways :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

-G wrote: »

Wow. Over 9 years, 1st post :cool:.

Record lurker?
    :D

• Advertisement

Kramer wrote: »
    Wow. Over 9 years, 1st post :cool:.

Record lurker?
    :D

gVTSpdl.png

haha - do i get a prize? up until now everything had been satisfactory. this deal was just too much to tempt me out. oh wells :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

I reserved this two days ago at the 269 euro price - now on the day i wish to pick it up, i see its 365. Am i entitled to get it at 269 ? - I have confirmation email and reserve number but I am not hopeful.....

syl77 wrote: »
    I reserved this two days ago at the 269 euro price - now on the day i wish to pick it up, i see its 365. Am i entitled to get it at 269 ? - I have confirmation email and reserve number but I am not hopeful.....

Your reservation should be expired by now.

its says it ready to collect from store until the 28-11-14, is the 28th not inclusive as in end of today...

its says it ready to collect from store until the 28-11-14, is the 28th not inclusive as in end of today...

Did they not up the price on the 26th?

With Check & Reserve, you can make sure it's ready for you before you leave home! If items are in stock when you place your reservation, they will be held in store for you until the end of the next working day.

http://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/Reserving.htm

Worth a try if it says 28th on the reservation.

"Did they not up the price on the 26th? "
    They may have, but I reserved it on the 25th, should i get it at the price i reserved it at or current price ... iv tried to ring them but to no avail.

http://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/Reserving.htm

Worth a try if it says 28th on the reservation.

Same website states
    "Please note that our prices change, sometimes on a daily basis. The price you pay is the price in store on the day you collect your items."

I'm not holding my breath...

They may have, but I reserved it on the 25th, should i get it at the price i reserved it at or current price ... iv tried to ring them but to no avail.

Are you sure about that reservation? I've never seen one extend beyond next day COB.

• Advertisement

Huh, I thought reservations only lasted 2 days. My bad.

Are you sure about that reservation? I've never seen one extend beyond next day COB.

I guess I could be wrong on reservation.

Any other good sites for similarly priced D3200 NVR.... :o

I guess I could be wrong on reservation.

Any other good sites for similarly priced D3200 NVR.... :o

Some of these are on adverts. Price is bumped up, but there should be room for negotiation IMHO as there is a €25 Nikon rebate and €10 Argos gift card with them.

Some of these are on adverts. Price is bumped up, but there should be room for negotiation IMHO as there is a €25 Nikon rebate and €10 Argos gift card with them.

Yes, seen some of them alright.

Just got a text from argos saying my item is available to collect by close of today - note when I reserved - none were in stock, so they did have to order one in, I will call in later and who knows i might get lucky..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just got a text from argos saying my item is available to collect by close of today - note when I reserved - none were in stock, so they did have to order one in, I will call in later and who knows i might get lucky..

Actually it should work if you the email with the lower price printed on it, and date was in the period when it was cheaper! I had same situation with an iPad Air, no stock in Liffey valley but could be ordered in, so by the time I went to collect price had gone up around €60 I went in and they honoured the lower price, team leader came over and approved the price change, and got it at lower price 4 days after the deal finished! Best of luck!

Fingers crossed for you. ;)

So I got the camera at the reduced. happy days.
    The girl on the counter called over the manager when she noticed the price difference and she said it was most likely a mistake (possibly Sterling price - happening alot) but would honour the price.
    On top of that I got the 10 euro voucher for spending over 100euro.
    note: I brought in a copy of the email in which I think definitely helped

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The girl on the counter called over the manager when she noticed the price difference and she said it was most likely a mistake (possibly Sterling price - happening alot) but would honour the price.

Well done enjoy the camera! It's good to know that Argos honour the reservations even items ordered in at the lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

I never seen a reservation going past the COB on the following day, apart from the fact that they were well gone at the time you reserved. Only way to get it for a longer period is to reserve on a sat morning, thus ensuring you have until COB Monday to grab it.

You were very lucky. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

dodzy wrote: »
    I never seen a reservation going past the COB on the following day, apart from the fact that they were well gone at the time you reserved. Only way to get it for a longer period is to reserve on a sat morning, thus ensuring you have until COB Monday to grab it.

You were very lucky. Well done.

I think it was the fact that it had to be ordered in, that swung it for the poster- to be honest. Its something I've made a mental note of- and intend to use at a future point (if any such offers arise)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement