Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk - Breakfast Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

The sheer hysteria of some posters on here about gender issues just being discussed... What is your problem? If you're not interested in an issue or topic, that's fine, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

CatFromHue wrote: »

He not only sounds like Chris Donoghue, he looks like him too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Podcasts and Google Play Music it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Considering the turnover in presenters for that show I'd say when they looked at Cuddihy they saw someone who actually wanted the job and would stay at it for a few years at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Was a quiet exit for Paul Williams, or did I miss any on air goodbye?

Was he sacked or did he leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Constant shilling for Hotels and booze I reackon did for him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Think he was sacked, someone posted a link to an article behind a paywall. Got 24 hours notice!

As a side, anyone catch the word today for the Apple prize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108698786&postcount=3116

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

5555555555 wrote: »
    They are not sending their best are they ??

Student union president says she has been discriminated against.

Unable to provide one example.

It's amazing how simply first world feminist arguments can be destroyed with simple questions.

And it's understandable why men are afraid to ask those questions. Don't want to stir up the Twitter mob.

Even though this morning the lads were openly sceptical of the nonsense being spouted.

Larissa Nolan is a rock of common sense. She has no time for "victim" feminism.

Larissa is an actual eg of the 'strong independent woman' who these people claim to be.

Like you say she has no time for the victim mentality or being a narcissistic loser. Wallowing in self pity never got anybody anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

More gender shyte this morning, same as every morning at this stage...and of course the same with Ivan this evening. Been listening to this show for a long time but I think it's time to find something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Time to bring back Paul Williams?

Two little school girls on this morning giggling away about 'guilty pleasures, home & away and down on one knee proposals.'

Nauseating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭Azatadine

They are atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Did anyone get the key word for the hard shoulder competition, completely missed the last part of breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

jk23 wrote: »
    Did anyone get the key word for the hard shoulder competition, completely missed the last part of breakfast

Sparkle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Sparkle

Thank you for the help.

This morning the lads had a chat about a United Ireland given the opinion pieces recently in the papers about middle class Catholics and Protestants up North are warming to the idea.
    Cuddihy you'll be surprised to hear has never ever had any particular desire for a United Ireland and he's never ever really considered it or felt a warm feeling at the thought of it. It's a 'foreign country' up there and anyways we can't afford it so he's against it.

jay0109 wrote: »
    This morning the lads had a chat about a United Ireland given the opinion pieces recently in the papers about middle class Catholics and Protestants up North are warming to the idea.
    Cuddihy you'll be surprised to hear has never ever had any particular desire for a United Ireland and he's never ever really considered it or felt a warm feeling at the thought of it. It's a 'foreign country' up there and anyways we can't afford it so he's against it.

Opinion of most folk I'd bargain.

Don't know, I've always felt a vote for UI in the South would pass easily. Maybe I'm out of kilter but I'd be surprised if it wasn't won

• Advertisement

Don't know, I've always felt a vote for UI in the South would pass easily. Maybe I'm out of kilter but I'd be surprised if it wasn't won

Maybe something like Scotland would work,a semi autonomous state under the umbrella of the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Coleman and Cuddihy doesn’t work because they’re too alike. I like both of them individually but together they are, as one poster said, nauseating.

The show badly needs an Ivan Yates type presenter. Williams was an absolute disaster but the idea behind giving him the gig was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Coleman and Cuddihy doesn’t work because they’re too alike. I like both of them individually but together they are, as one poster said, nauseating.

The show badly needs an Ivan Yates type presenter. Williams was an absolute disaster but the idea behind giving him the gig was right.

I agree with that. It's most obvious at the beginning of a programme when Coleman takes position he clearly doesn't believe in just to be different to Cuddihy. I still prefer them to Coleman and Williams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

meeeeh wrote: »
    I still prefer them to Coleman and Williams.

Not saying much, I’d prefer to listen to repetitive and multiple hot wet rasping farts coming from Joe Duffys arsehole than listen to Williams for 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

sightband wrote: »
    Not saying much, I’d prefer to listen to repetitive and multiple hot wet rasping farts coming from Joe Duffys arsehole than listen to Williams for 2 minutes.

Well I don't. I don't think they are that bad at all but there isn't much of a contrast between presenters.

kneemos wrote: »

Opinion of most folk I'd bargain.
    We've enough backward gob****es in the country as is without adding the cave dwellers on both sides up north. And we have enough people dependant on the state here without adding the nordies, the vast majority of whom are supported by the state in one way or another.

So far from Cuddihy's ambivalence, I'd be actively against the idea.

Cuddihy apologises for having an opinion.

https://lovin.ie/news/newstalk-united-ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

Whoooosh!

Whoooosh!

Yeah I know. Joke.

Duh.

• Advertisement

That's pretty well done in fairness

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement