Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft brew offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

1. It's Groupon
    2. Any of these mixed gift boxes I have seen are always a way of shifting a few of the less popular beers

Less popular doesn't always mean bad, I bought this version last year in the Weißbier variety through groupon and it was an excellent set, myself and a friend went through the box together and both of us enjoyed every beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Less popular doesn't always mean bad, I bought this version last year in the Weißbier variety through groupon and it was an excellent set, myself and a friend went through the box together and both of us enjoyed every beer!

Was really hoping that version might be available through groupon again this year!! It was great and a great price : (

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭epopnomis

do they deliver to ireland???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

When ye say bottles...are they 330ml or 500 mls???

Lidl were doing Efes, a fine Turkish beer....for €1.69 a 500 ml bottle recently...may still have it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Last year's offer was great, 500ml bottles aswell

• Advertisement

Was really hoping that version might be available through groupon again this year!! It was great and a great price : (

If my mails are correct it was €40 for the 24 bottles of 500ml last year on groupon, its currently €35 for the same one through sim-buy directly or amazon.de Amazon are charging €14.95 for delivery so its a good bit more expensive alright at the €50 mark, sim-buy directly only seem to ship to Germany and Austria.

All the same €50 for 24 random German Weißbiers that you might struggle to find here in Ireland, €2.08 a bottle isn't a terrible price, although personally I think I'll hold out in the hope that it appears on Groupon again. Last year it was the 20th November that the offer appeared online so hopefully it will be the same again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I dont think you can get drink on Amazon UK sent to Ireland anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I got a bottle of gin and a bottle of whiskey through Amazon UK last year. It may have been down to Black Friday though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

UK Delivery Restrictions

Due to specific handling and storage requirements for hazardous materials, we're unable to deliver certain products to addresses outside of mainland UK. Some items of this nature are available for delivery to mainland European locations, only. This includes, but isn't limited to, the following:
    • Combustible, explosive, flammable, or corrosive materials,
    • Certain batteries, cleaners, or fuel,
    • Alcohol,
    • Age-restricted bladed products,
    • Aerosol items,
    • Many beauty items including hair dyes, perfumes, nail polish and mascara,
    • Certain sunscreens,
    • Alcohol-based marker pens,
    • Certain adhesives, and
    • Insecticides and air fresheners.

Ok, but this product is for sale with Amazon.de. After adding the item to the basket I can get to the end of the checkout just prior to purchase without any difficulties with an Irish delivery address.
    Also the seller is not amazon themselves its a company called Bettina Schenk who apparently are Sim-Buy from a quick google search who had no issue delivering to Ireland last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ok, but this product is for sale with Amazon.de. After adding the item to the basket I can get to the end of the checkout just prior to purchase without any difficulties with an Irish delivery address.
    Also the seller is not amazon themselves its a company called Bettina Schenk who apparently are Sim-Buy from a quick google search who had no issue delivering to Ireland last year.

A seller may have no issue delivering to Ireland, but unless they're customs cleared, Revenue will have quite a severe problem if they find the shipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

UK can send alcohol to Ireland, they relaxed the restrictions. Royal Mail only delivers up to 150ml within UK. Outside senders need to use an alternate courier.

Ireland allows receiving of alcohol, but likewise you cannot send it. Their choice, not a law.

According to the excise duty rates provided by Irish revenue, the rate for importation of beer exceeding 2.8% volume is €22.55 per hectolitre per cent of alcohol in the beer, so @5% that would be €112.75 for 100 liters, so €13.53 for the importation of 12 liters (24*500ml bottles).
    However it could also potentially be liable for vat @23% (rates on page 9) so that would be another €8.05 on the original purchase price of €35.

So in summary the total liability if revenue where to chase you would be €21.58 on the import duty.
    There is no issue with the importation of alcohol across the EU as long as its declared, however small amounts of import duty generally aren't considered worthwhile by revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Just remembered I bought a large box of various beers last summer off an English company called Beers of Europe and it arrived without any extra charges. Maybe I was lucky.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

According to the excise duty rates provided by Irish revenue, the rate for importation of beer exceeding 2.8% volume is €22.55 per hectolitre per cent of alcohol in the beer, so @5% that would be €112.75 for 100 liters, so €13.53 for the importation of 12 liters (24*500ml bottles).
    However it could also potentially be liable for vat @23% (rates on page 9) so that would be another €8.05 on the original purchase price of €35.

So in summary the total liability if revenue where to chase you would be €21.58 on the import duty.
    There is no issue with the importation of alcohol across the EU as long as its declared, however small amounts of import duty generally aren't considered worthwhile by revenue.

Revenue don't and won't chase the receiver for the duty - they don't have a licence to import alcohol, so they'll just seize it.

It must be cleared by the retailer in advance. This is how sites like Master of Malt work.

People are rarely caught, especially from the UK, but this is zero guarantee that you won't be caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Free delivery ?

L1011 wrote: »
    Revenue don't and won't chase the receiver for the duty - they don't have a licence to import alcohol, so they'll just seize it.

It must be cleared by the retailer in advance. This is how sites like Master of Malt work.

People are rarely caught, especially from the UK, but this is zero guarantee that you won't be caught.

According to the link I posted above in relation to the vat, there is no requirement.
    B) The products are sold from an internet site situated in another EU Member State than the one in which the purchaser is established and sent to the purchaser in a postal consignment:
    Excise products sold via the Internet and supplied from one Member State to a customer in another Member State are subject to excise duties in the Member State where the purchaser receives his goods. So, before the excise product can be legally delivered to the purchaser, the excise duties and taxes will have to be paid. Note that in the case of distance selling, the obligation to pay excise duties in the Member State of the purchaser rests upon the vendor. Moreover, in particular in respect of manufactured tobacco products, the distance selling of such goods is also limited by the requirements, in certain Member States, to use fiscal markings or other marks of the Member State where the excise is due to show that excise has been paid, and/or by requirements to provide health warnings in the languages of the Member States where the products are placed on the market.
    Note that VAT is also due in the Member State of destination in the case of distance selling of excise products

I think I'm after buying that beer from sim buy!! Not sure as I have limited German, paid via PayPal anyway !!

Not so sure if my order has gone through tbh as didn't get paypal email and its not showing up there, any German speakers out there !?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

vicwatson wrote: »
    Not so sure if my order has gone through tbh as didn't get paypal email and its not showing up there, any German speakers out there !?

If you can't find any German speakers this should help https://translate.google.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Just use chrome if it doesn't automatically translate you can right click the page and click translate to english.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BoltzmannBrain

Heard London Pride is nice

According to the link I posted above in relation to the vat, there is no requirement.

The bit you bolded does say there is a requirement. Vendor is seller, not buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Any recommendations/BA on craft brew kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

soirish wrote: »

You can save money on kit stuff by buying everything separately.

You can buy food grade 25l buckets from The Packaging Centre for 5 euro each.

Tesco extra sell syphon tubes for 7 euro and sell tins of malt extract for 15-20euro. And 2 airlocks for a fiver.

You can buy bottles or collect them from the glass recycling places.

Sanitizer can be made from vinegar and thin bleach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Go have a look on beior.org and consider joining the forum.

Here's links to shops: http://www.beoir.org/index.php/links-mainmenu-38/19-online-brewing-supplies

I'd recommend The Homebrew Company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/hip-hop-ipa-40-pints-30-kg-p-2526.html

This one is my recommendation.

Bought the 500ml weissbier advent calendar direct from sim buy and it arrived today - awesome
    epopnomis wrote: »
    do they deliver to ireland???

Yes and for free
    If my mails are correct it was €40 for the 24 bottles of 500ml last year on groupon, its currently €35 for the same one through sim-buy directly or amazon.de Amazon are charging €14.95 for delivery so its a good bit more expensive alright at the €50 mark, sim-buy directly only seem to ship to Germany and Austria.

All the same €50 for 24 random German Weißbiers that you might struggle to find here in Ireland, €2.08 a bottle isn't a terrible price, although personally I think I'll hold out in the hope that it appears on Groupon again. Last year it was the 20th November that the offer appeared online so hopefully it will be the same again this year.

See above emails Lord. Go direct.
    I dont think you can get drink on Amazon UK sent to Ireland anyway

You can from Germany anyway !!!

Buy direct from sim buy
    I think I'm after buying that beer from sim buy!! Not sure as I have limited German, paid via PayPal anyway !!

All worked out great in the end !! Thanks for heads up lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Was it the red one or the blue one you bought?
    Is there a list of the beers by any chance?

• Advertisement

Was it the red one or the blue one you bought?
    Is there a list of the beers by any chance?

Received the Blue Weissbier

Here's a pic of some of them from the groupon link given earlier -

4a-1000x600.jpg

Just ordered the Blue Helles there now, looks good also

Advertisement