Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 12 match day thread

Options

Comments

qwabercd wrote: »
    Newcastle defenders musta been pinging shots at him!

Currently on 39 points with boyd to sub in and only pelle to go. Up to 13k. Would love if Southampton failed to keep a CS for once!

A clyne goal but with Southampton conceding would be good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Watched the highlights of the City game and Aguero did nothing. The old Yaya looked more threatening tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

wonski wrote: »
    Watched the highlights of the City game and Aguero did nothing. The old Yaya looked more threatening tbh.

So you're saying you're gonna rejig your team for next week?? I know you're miles ahead of me so I say to go for it!!

In fairness nobody can score in every match, Suarez didn't do it last year.
    Yaya will score goals but will he ever again be value for 10.5m, not a chance!

So you're saying you're gonna rejig your team for next week?? I know you're miles ahead of me so I say to go for it!!

In fairness nobody can score in every match, Suarez didn't do it last year.
    Yaya will score goals but will he ever again be value for 10.5m, not a chance!

No, I stick with him for now. Didn't watch the whole game, maybe Swansea decided to cut him off all the action and that's how Yaya managed to move closer to the goal?

He gave me nice boost so far, like any other player he will blank from time to time. Pelle to Giroud may be considered - unless Pelle goes mad on Monday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

In the highlights I watched he had one decent chance and laid on two big chances I.e. could have had two assists. However the return of Jovetic to tthe starting line up and two up top did reduce his involvement overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Did you miss the chance at the end where he was bearing down on goal and passed it to his right to Jovetic I think it was? He then shot at the keeper and Aguero was complaining he didn't square it back to him.

That should have been a goal or assist for him.

Sanchez was very hard done by yesterday. He forced a mistake by De Gea which gave Wilshire a great chance. Wilshire shot straight at De Gea instead of squaring to him for a tap in.

Then he got into a decent position when Wellbeck was on the wing but of course, as if we expected any less, Danny couldn't deliver the ball.

Decent header in the second half as well. He got a 2 pointer but he was very lively.

Good to know, that's why I prefer to watch the whole game rather than edited highlights:D

Like I said getting rid of him wuld be madness just because he blanked. Good to know he had his chances.

Looks like Southampton game would have more impact on rankings than the 2 games this afternoon. They had 4 clean sheets in a row, could they make it 5, please ?

Good to know, that's why I prefer to watch the whole game rather than edited highlights:D

Like I said getting rid of him wuld be madness just because he blanked. Good to know he had his chances.

Looks like Southampton game would have more impact on rankings than the 2 games this afternoon. They had 4 clean sheets in a row, could they make it 5, please ?

I didn't watch one live game yesterday and rarely do. I don't even have Sky Sports. I cancelled my subscription. MoTD will show you any highlights worth seeing IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Can anyone tell me whats going on with sammy ameobi. I have zero knowledge on him but he looks good and seems to be getting more gametime every week. I thinking of switching boyd to him but i want know will he start now and get full games or is he an impact sub.

• Advertisement

declan2693 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me whats going on with sammy ameobi. I have zero knowledge on him but he looks good and seems to be getting more gametime every week. I thinking of switching boyd to him but i want know will he start now and get full games or is he an impact sub.

Boyd will play. Amoebi is not at all guaranteed to. That should answer your question for me.

Be interesting to see if Brady starts today.

FHFC wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if Brady starts today.

Looking at Hull fixtures even if he does, he is not a great option for next few weeks:

MU (A), Everton (A), West Brom (H), Chelsea (A) and Swansea (H)

Good news that I meant to post yesterday but forgot to with the excitement of the rugby:

@TaylorR1984: Thank you all for your positive messages. I appreciate them all, just to let you know I have no major problem an I had to come off today..

@TaylorR1984: Just to be on the safe side, I was just gutted to come off that's why I got so emotional as I've worked so hard to get back. Thanks again

He was playing well in a defensive mid position and if he's on set pieces I'll be keeping an eye on him to replace Dummett.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Seems like a bit of a nothing week really, I assume all serious players will have scored between 30 and 50, only Pelle and Sterling could throw the cat amongst the pigeons with huge scores.

I'd love to be a serious player with 50 pts :rolleyes: :pac:...

... I'm actually a serious player with 30 pts :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

jaysis im a "serious player"so!! 53 with one to go will probably end up on 54 as my player isnt starting.....best desision was vrining krul in this week. if i could just nail down captain choice that would be great. happy i didnt succumb to the aguero train!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

jaysis im a "serious player"so!! 53 with one to go will probably end up on 54 as my player isnt starting.....best desision was vrining krul in this week. if i could just nail down captain choice that would be great. happy i didnt succumb to the aguero train!

53 puts you outside of the 30-50 serious player bracket I am afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lemlin wrote: »
    Sanchez was very hard done by yesterday. He forced a mistake by De Gea which gave Wilshire a great chance. Wilshire shot straight at De Gea instead of squaring to him for a tap in.

Then he got into a decent position when Wellbeck was on the wing but of course, as if we expected any less, Danny couldn't deliver the ball.

Decent header in the second half as well. He got a 2 pointer but he was very lively.

Completely agree with that mate. On another day he could easily have had a double point haul. Very positive performance despite just earning 2 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

bugger

Looking at Hull fixtures even if he does, he is not a great option for next few weeks:

MU (A), Everton (A), West Brom (H), Chelsea (A) and Swansea (H)

Yeah fair point. Forgot about his immediate fixtures. It was for the Xmas run from after Chelsea I had him on the watch list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Hate not having anyone playing in the Sunday games. Feck all sport on aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Liverpool XI vs Crystal Palace: Mignolet; Manquillo, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson; Gerrard, Allen; Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling; Lambert.

Crystal Palace XI vs Liverpool: Speroni; Kelly, Delaney, Dann, Ward; Jedinak, Ledley, Bolasie, Puncheon; Gayle, Chamakh.

I have no one in FPL, but it's a big day in my draft game. My Eriksen, Chadli, and Adebayor (and I'm an Arsenal supporter :o) vs. Gerrard and Puncheon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Even with no players there's always rivals players youd want to do nothing. Although with FPL and ultimate, its rare I'd have no players in a match.

As for no sport, 2 EPL games andthe Munster club hurling final. That's a fine afternoon tbf. Later then La Liga and NFL. Could be worse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Jedinak OG + RC please :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

My point re "serious players" was just to illustrate that this week isn't a big one re jumping the rankings etc, some weeks the major captain choices can go a bit mad, this week nobody has done much. A poor score so far (30) won't lose much ground on a great score (50). This has been reflected clearly in the posting of the ranking changes which we've heard about on this thread. This is unlikely to change unless Sterling or Pelle can go a bit wild and rake in about 15 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm only talking about the top 10k where 53% captained Aguero; it was even higher in the top 1k (64%)

And what was Costa's stat?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

8-10 wrote: »

35.8% for top 10k & 29.1% for top 1k

8-10 wrote: »

36% and 29%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Do many still have Sterling or is it mainly zombie/semi zombie and those with more pressing concerns? Coupled with a few keeping the faith.

Trying to figure out my hiding behind the couch settings for the day :) I think I rode out not having him at any point quite well so far, barring a few moments and not gaining any value on him. Emphasis on "so far". Cue a hat-trick now :(

Advertisement