Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 12 match day thread

Options
  • 22-11-2014 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 39,501 ✭✭✭✭

Let's go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ya beat me to starting the thread by four minutes! It's going to be a fun weekend of waiting for team line ups.

Hopefully the struggles people on the forum are having with potential injuries is indicative of most players.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,501 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Great to have it back. But really annoying there's no early kick off. Golf, international rules and rugby to keep me going up till 3pm. Oh and deciding my transfer too of course

Struggling to get Lampard out of my thinking. But perhaps this weekend with all the possible injuries is not a weekend to be taking a gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Foster
    ---- Clyne Hutton Baines
    ADM Hazard (v) Siggy Sanchez
    - Berahino Aguero (c) Pelle

Mannone - Boyd Chambers Yun

Going with Aguero captain. I don't need to take a risk as I'm in the top 5k. I've a feeling that Hazard could deliver a big haul today though. Baines is my only injury doubt but I expect him to play. This looks like it's going to be a week where reaching 50 points will be a satisfactory score. Best of luck to my fellow forumites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

So just the one transfer made. Hopefully I'll be able to field something which closely resembles a team.

I'm just absolutely dreading a Costa rampage. Didn't bring him in because I'm going to captain Aguero.

Hope Welbeck and Baines play. It's going to be a long two hours between 3 and 5pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

Team pretty much locked in now.

7 starters with Baines, Welbeck, Robertson and Fabregas possibilities. Wisdom the only one on my bench that will play.

Aguero (c), Sanchez (vc)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Is deadline still 11.30 today?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

racso1975 wrote: »

Yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Crap the other one I play does not lock out till 3!!! Handy for line up changes

KevIRL wrote: »
    Struggling to get Lampard out of my thinking. But perhaps this weekend with all the possible injuries is not a weekend to be taking a gamble

Maybe I'm too conservative but, for me, making a transfer for a player who definitely isn't even guaranteed his place is madness.

There's fixture congestion coming up so I'd bank a transfer rather than take that risk. It could be invaluable with three games in a week next week, not to mention European games this week.
    Great to have it back. But really annoying there's no early kick off. Golf, international rules and rugby to keep me going up till 3pm. Oh and deciding my transfer too of course

Enjoy it while ya can. That little babog of yours will soon be lifting the remote and hitting 611 for Sky Disney!

• Advertisement

racso1975 wrote: »

Yep. There was a time though that all 3pm kick offs on a sat meant a 2.30 deadline. Pity they stopped that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Last minute decisions

Duff away to Stoke or Moore home to Sunderland. Going for Moore.

Wanyama away to Villa or Siggy away to Man City. Genuinely conflicted on this one. Leaning towards Wanyama - Villa are awful and that's coming from a lifelong Villa fan. That said City are conceding a goal a game and if Swansea score you'd expect Siggy to be involved.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Maybe I'm too conservative but, for me, making a transfer for a player who definitely isn't even guaranteed his place is madness.

There's fixture congestion coming up so I'd bank a transfer rather than take that risk. It could be invaluable with three games in a week next week, not to mention European games this week.

I hear ya Lemlin, a gamble at the right time though can end up profitable. Moving away from the thought now though, as I mentioned earlier, with all the possible injuries this weekend its probably not the best idea and you make a good point about the fixture congestion coming up as well
    Enjoy it while ya can. That little babog of yours will soon be lifting the remote and hitting 611 for Sky Disney!

ha, will hopefully get the rest of this season out of it anyway, but at the mo tis all good. He gets me major brownie points with MrsIRL on weekend mornings when I happliy take him downstairs and watch the sport/sort my FF while she rests. Ding Ding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lemlin, did you make a transfer in the end? I think you were considering dumping Moore...

Considering dumping him myself, but would be nice to have 2 Fts next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

He gets me major brownie points with MrsIRL on weekend mornings when I happliy take him downstairs and watch the sport/sort my FF while she rests. Ding Ding

Sounds familiar. 2 year old on my knee, Peppa on the telly, FSA on the ipad, missus in the leaba. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lemlin wrote: »

already on 611 here :D
    anyway I need a lot of things to go my way to get a respectable score this week!!!
    baines starting for one,Wilson as well would be nice but highly unlikely so maybe moore getting his place back might go my way.......and my captain needs a good haul. come on sergio

ha, will hopefully get the rest of this season out of it anyway, but at the mo tis all good. He gets me major brownie points with MrsIRL on weekend mornings when I happliy take him downstairs and watch the sport/sort my FF while she rests. Ding Ding

I've been at that for years with MoTD. Go downstairs on a Sunday morning, let the kids watch TV for an hour and eat breakfast, then send them to play while I watch it!

Lemlin, did you make a transfer in the end? I think you were considering dumping Moore...

Considering dumping him myself, but would be nice to have 2 Fts next week.

I kept him in the end. It will allow me more options going forward.

For example, a -4 next week will allow me to go Forster to Krul, Pelle to Austin and then Baines in for Chambers.

Moore will win his place back, the problem is it mightn't be this weekend. Wisdom or Taylor will just have to do if he doesn't.

Looking forward to this kicking off.

I spent a bit of time looking up Leicester city forums to see whether they think Moore will start, and half think he might (or perhaps hope he might). They are saying the diamond formation they went with isn't working, so some changes should happen this weekend.

I'm leaning towards putting Moore in instead of Jedinak at the moment, but the fact Moore came on mid game last time may be a bit of a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Gal2011

Have to get rid of Downing and have 7.3 mill, I was thinking Chadli or Navas, any opinions lads? I'm also bring Dummett in for Wisdom as I have a shortage of midfielders as schnederlin and Fabregas are doubts so reinforcing defense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Gal2011 wrote: »
    Have to get rid of Downing and have 7.3 mill, I was thinking Chadli or Navas, any opinions lads? I'm also bring Dummett in for Wisdom as I have a shortage of midfielders as schnederlin and Fabregas are doubts so reinforcing defense

Are you taking a hit for this? Good chance both Schneiderlin and Fab will play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Lads, stick with Welbeck or bin him?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Forster
    Terry hutton Dummet
    Hazard siggy fab sanchez
    Pelle Aguero c Austin

Naylor wisdom Marney

costa yellow please

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Gal2011

Are you taking a hit for this? Good chance both Schneiderlin and Fab will play.

I have one free transfer for downing but taking a hit to get a new defender to cover if Schnederlin and Fabregas don't play. What are the chances? I know Southampton are not playing until monday night.

I'm gonna stick with Wellbeck myself for this gameweek anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Forster
    Chambers Moore Dummett
    Downing Fabregas Di Maria Sanchez
    Aguero(c) Pelle Diego Costa

Subs: Boyd, Taylor, Wisdom

Like a couple of others I've put Moore into the team hoping that he reclaims his place. Even if he just comes on for a cameo, there's a good chance that Taylor and Wisdom won't score above one point anyway so not that much of an opportunity cost.

Sweating on Fabregas and Downing, but both are at 75% chance of playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Forster
    Terry hutton Dummet
    Hazard siggy fab sanchez
    Pelle Aguero c Austin

Naylor wisdom Marney

costa hat trick please

I believe the term is FYP......

Forster,
    Clyne, chambers, Dummet,
    ADM, Hazard, Sanchez, Downing (probably Boyd)
    Aguero (c), Costa, Pelle

Boyd, Hutton, Duff

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm gonna stick with Wellbeck myself for this gameweek anyway

Am loathe to taking a hit to change him out so he's in for me.

BTW folks,Rooney has scored more EPL goals than any other player against Arsenal. 10 so far.

Forster
    baines Moore Wilson :@ (Naylor wisdom)
    siggy ADM tadic Moses
    aguero (c) Costa Rooney
    I'm likely to be playing an experimental 2 4 3 formation :D

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Am loathe to taking a hit to change him out so he's in for me.

BTW folks,Rooney has scored more EPL goals than any other player against Arsenal. 10 so far.

2 facts about rooney
    1. he loves a goal against arsenal
    2. his scoring comes in 3\4 game bursts.
    I hope I'm ahead of the pack on this one :D
    of course I'm choosing to ignore the fact he is playing very deep :p

Advertisement