Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clamp removed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Told me, sorry. He has a rake of his friends over they're all slagging me saying I'll be off to the dochas centre shortly, so im not sure if they're trying to wind me up.

So, you rang the clampers to get them to remove the clamp they illegally put on your car. They refused to remove it without extorting €120 euro from you. You called for a lift home, meanwhile someone came along and offered to cut it off for you... You left the clamp where it was, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Deenie123 wrote: »
    So, you rang the clampers to get them to remove the clamp they illegally put on your car. They refused to remove it without extorting €120 euro from you. You called for a lift home, meanwhile someone came along and offered to cut it off for you... You left the clamp where it was, right?

No they took the clamp and one of his friends works in a metal recycling unit and they left it in there to be disposed of

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Forget about it. Deny all and any knowledge and let them go and fcuk themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Lexie - you HONESTLY didn't remove the clamp. They're looking for someone else ;) (and think about it, how can they find out who your brother is?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

I rang my brother in an absolute state

Really? What age are you? 12?

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    Really? What age are you? 12?

Really? What would you suggest I do? I parked in the carpark, I paid for 24hr parking, returning just under 12hrs later to find my car immobilised. Thinking they made a mistake I called them up to ask them to remove it and they would only remove it if I paid 120 euro. This is at 8:30 at night, in bad weather, 30 mins drive from my house. After getting nowhere with the company, or the train station, the only person left to call was my brother, lest I sit in my immobilised car all night.

Really? What would you suggest I do? I parked in the carpark, I paid for 24hr parking, returning just under 12hrs later to find my car immobilised. Thinking they made a mistake I called them up to ask them to remove it and they would only remove it if I paid 120 euro. This is at 8:30 at night, in bad weather, 30 mins drive from my house. After getting nowhere with the company, or the train station, the only person left to call was my brother, lest I sit in my immobilised car all night.

Fair 'nuff :)

Anyway, always good to see someone come to 'boards' for sound legal advise ;)

There's no need to be so sarky, thanks anyway though. I'm not looking for legal advice. If I was I'd be going to my solicitor for advice on a private company interfering with my property, and causing damage to it. I'm looking for people's experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

I think your slightly missing the point here lexi, try reading between the lines..

Your car was clamped.
    *Scene missing*
    The clamp is gone.
    You drive home happy that the clamp magically disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Lexi, I'll try and spell this out for you as clearly as I can without being sarcastic.

If anyone asks about the clamp, you didn't remove it. You got a lift home and when you came back to get your car, it was no longer clamped.

All very simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

There's no need to be so sarky, thanks anyway though. I'm not looking for legal advice. If I was I'd be going to my solicitor for advice on a private company interfering with my property, and causing damage to it. I'm looking for people's experiences.

I'd say forget about it. They're not going to come after you. Even if they were inclined to, how would they? It's not like they can enter your reg into a database and retrieve your name and address? They have no power outside the acquiescence of the folks they clamp. You did right, by withholding that power. Private clamping is the only example of that freeman nonsense holding any water.

They're bottom feeders. They'll move onto the next poor sod who shuts up and pays up.

So, to summerise. A car was clamped (possibly by mistake), someone panicked, called brother and when he arrived a decision was made to remove the clamp rather then take a lift from him to calm down and deal with it later. Clamp was removed from the scene. Cops called to the house and everybody hid and sh!t a brick. Now someone is looking for appeasement for their actions.

Am I missing something?

Eh, yeah. I understand what the rest of ye are saying. Know nothing about a clamp, fair enough. Why does panicing when I got clamped, and calling for help, make me sound like a 12 year old? Those posts are coming across as just being a prick, to be honest. And nobody hit, ****ting a brick. I don't live at that address, and my brother couldn't be bothered answering the door to the guards (if they were even there at all as I mentioned above I think they were trolling me).

I am going to say what clamp but if it does boil down to it, I'm not going to leave anyone else get in trouble

Edit. No you don't have it right.
    I got clamped.
    I called clamp company informing I had a ticket that I could produce when someone arrived to remove clamp.
    I was told nobody would remove the clamp without payment of 120 euro.
    I called my brother, who told me to call the gardai as I had parked as per conditions of the carpark.
    The guards couldn't help as it was a private carpark.
    I had to get a lift home, and to the station the next day as I had no car (obviously)
    Each day the car was there would be charged extra.
    When my brother arrived the following day, NCPS hadnt removed their property from my property.
    My brother then removed it and I took my car from the train station.

Eh, yeah. I understand what the rest of ye are saying. Know nothing about a clamp, fair enough. Why does panicing when I got clamped, and calling for help, make me sound like a 12 year old? Those posts are coming across as just being a prick, to be honest. And nobody hit, ****ting a brick. I don't live at that address, and my brother couldn't be bothered answering the door to the guards (if they were even there at all as I mentioned above I think they were trolling me).

I am going to say what clamp but if it does boil down to it, I'm not going to leave anyone else get in trouble

There could have been all sorts of confusion. You rang them, and explained the error. When you got back to your car the clamp was gone. Any reasonable person would presume that they champers acted reasonably and removed the clamp once they had been advised of their mistake.

endacl wrote: »
    There could have been all sorts of confusion. You rang them, and explained the error. When you got back to your car the clamp was gone. Any reasonable person would presume that they champers acted reasonably and removed the clamp once they had been advised of their mistake.

Well that's what going to say although I'm mad that I should have to lie in the first place.

Criminal damage should never be taken lightly.

Well that's what going to say although I'm mad that I should have to lie in the first place.

I took that into account. There's not a word of a lie in there.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,437 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I called them, told them I'd paid my ticket. She told me that I still had to pay 120 and it would only be removed then, and that I could appeal it if I wanted.
    I was so angry I told her I was going to cut it off, where she told me that the call was being recorded. I told her that I didn't care and hung up on her

So she only told you after your statement? That makes it worthless

Criminal damage should never be taken lightly.

Well they had no business being so reckless with their property. I'm not taking my car being illegally immobilised very lightly either. And my car is worth a lot more than their clamp.

Two wrongs certainly don't make a right.

• Advertisement

I left my car there with their clamp on it for over 24 hours. I informed them of their mistake. They were still demanding 120 euro. I dont have that kind of money lying around as spare change. They left me stranded 35 km from my home, in the middle of winter, at 8:30 at night. As far as I'm concerned I did nothing wrong. They had plenty of time to remove it. They chose not to. So it was removed for them.

You're trolling me anyway so I'm done.

Thanks for your help guys

• Registered Users Posts: 23,437 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The clamp is damaged and to repair it would be less than 50 euro. If it was cut with a hacksaw a welder could repair it.

If it went to court, the recourse would be to put right.

I left my car there with their clamp on it for over 24 hours. I informed them of their mistake. They were still demanding 120 euro. I dont have that kind of money lying around as spare change. They left me stranded 35 km from my home, in the middle of winter, at 8:30 at night. As far as I'm concerned I did nothing wrong. They had plenty of time to remove it. They chose not to. So it was removed for them.

You neglected to mention you removed their clamp with the intention of destroying it. How do you justify that?

You neglected to mention you removed their clamp with the intention of destroying it. How do you justify that?

No she didn't. She had no intention one way or another regarding the destruction of a clamp. Neither did she remove one.

endacl wrote: »
    No she didn't. She had no intention one way or another regarding the destruction of a clamp. Neither did she remove one.

It's all down to the bro so.

If I bring a bicycle lock with me today and use it to fasten someone's bike to a railing, I won't be upset or surprised later to find my lock gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,321 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You need to be clear on this. We all know that they illegally immobilised your car etc but if anyone comes asking, that can not be your defence as you are then admitting damaging clamp.
    Your story is you rang them to tell them you had been illegally clamped. They were not helpful. You got lift home as you couldn't pay . You returned to car next day to attempt to get it sorted and you found that they had removed it. End of story.

mickdw wrote: »
    We all know that they illegally immobilised your car etc

Why is everyone adamant that this is truly the case? If there was a parking ticket clearly displayed, why was the car clamped? Did the op take a photo of the ticket on the dash to back up the story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

Reedsie wrote: »
    It's really best not to ask advice on the internet OP. You'll get so many different opinions and most don't actually know what they're talking about or are going on hearsay.

Clamps are cut off all the time.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by sending them back the clamp anonymously.

That's just another opinion, no?

Advertisement