Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega Mk7 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

tossy wrote: »
    Daltons sell both Revo and VWR.

Racingline now fellas. No more VW even in the name. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

dar83 wrote: »
    Racingline now fellas. No more VW even in the name. :P

It will always bw VW .:R to me, i've a lovely VWR fleece i bought years ago that i now refuse to wear as i drive an R, i don't want to be one of those lads with the Subaru jackets :D

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Dalton's supplied and fitted my VWR springs. Very efficient service and a quick turn around.

Everytime i'm there they try sell me stuff to make me go faster or stop quicker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

It will always bw VW .:R to me, i've a lovely VWR fleece i bought years ago that i now refuse to wear as i drive an R, i don't want to be one of those lads with the Subaru jackets :D

Everytime i'm there they try sell me stuff to make me go faster or stop quicker :D

You're not big enough to be one of them lads:D

You're not big enough to be one of them lads:D

Thats the nicest thing you've ever said to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Daltons sell both Revo and VWR.
    I didn't get mine from here (they didn't have it in stock before I left Ireland) but have had other work done by them and couldn't recommend them enough. I drive from Dublin to see them when getting work done rather than deal with anyone in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

If it were me, i'd get the stage 1 tune as it is, it makes a massive difference to them. Enjoy that and if you feel the need for more go stage 2.

I couldn't agree more with this. The Stage 1 tune is where you get the biggest bang for your buck. That's what I would do first off and then start adding hardware if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭noelf

Euro ncap test of the mark 8 Golf the marks are better than the mark 7 but !!

https://youtu.be/Oz6H5xyjn4Q

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

They've given it a 5 star rating yet the rear doors open on a side impact, am I missing something there?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's probably better than turning into a chicken nugget in a tesla as you can't open the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Well he says the car has 0 owners ! Which is hard to understand given that’s it’s a Uk import and has been nct

I get that it's a one owner UK car. It's immaculate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

Would you prefer the manual over the dsg hooch?

I think so. I'll have to like it now as I've a deal done:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Enjoy. She looks super.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Looks very clean. Are they taking the GTD as a trade in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Killinator

Welcome to club R :)

CIP4 wrote: »
    Looks very clean. Are they taking the GTD as a trade in ?

Yes. Getting a decent deal from what I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Nice one, congratulations. Class colour and spec. I'd love to try a manual one, I reckon I'd prefer it over the dsg. Enjoy!

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Nice one, congratulations. Class colour and spec. I'd love to try a manual one, I reckon I'd prefer it over the dsg. Enjoy!

Thanks. The GTD was a great car but I never really loved it you know. I did 37k in nearly 18 months in the GTD. The fuel difference will be manageable. And at the rate the diesels are depreciating i shouldn't lose much on the R at all over 2-3 years. That's the logic I'm going off anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

You should look into a short shift kit, it makes the manual a much more enjoyable drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,160 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes. Getting a decent deal from what I reckon.

Congrats hooch, well wear with it. Be sure to post a few photos here when you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

Nice one hooch. Love the alloys and colour, lovely looking R. Best of luck with it.

Well wear Hooch, you finally scratched that itch :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Gratz man, enjoy it.
    That fella who owns the garage is Lithuanian and he brings some rare tasty cars. He has AMG Merc, BMW 135M , 440i etc. I haven't heard any bad things said about him.

Gratz man, enjoy it.
    That fella who owns the garage is Lithuanian and he brings some rare tasty cars. He has AMG Merc, BMW 135M , 440i etc. I haven't heard any bad things said about him.

Yeah he seems like a decent fella. Getting a good warranty and a fair price on the trade in. After trying to deal with a few main dealers in the last while, it was refreshing to get a fair offer. To be honest my GTD is spotless and has a nice few extra's and he saw the value in that, i'm actually losing a bit of spec (heated seats and windscreen, reverse camera) but it'll be worth it.

The first second gear pull out of a wet roundabout sealed it for me, it just grips and goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sweet car, well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Good stuff hooch. Looks class

Similar to you, I'm getting rid of the ST diesel, picking up a GTI PP tomorrow! Very excited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

And I've just bought a Leon Cupra 290. Tis the season!

• Advertisement

And I've just bought a Leon Cupra 290. Tis the season!

Hardly the one in Barry's in Limerick?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement