Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be honest, how bad is your diet?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Sausages and rashers fried a couple of days a week, fried steak another day, homemade burgers, boiled spuds most days with homemade chips once a week, no veg unless a tin of beans now and again, about 8 eggs a week, half a pack of chocolate biscuits daily, at most one piece of fruit per day and cornflakes for breakfast. OK I drink a litre of milk daily but overall a really crap diet.

Apart from the cornflakes, biccies and sausages (all processed), I can't see much wrong with your diet. If you follow the food pyramid, your diet might seem crap, but the food pyramid is a load of crap so...

Lots of homemade stuff there, and nowt wrong with steak, even if fried. Frying is unfairly maligned. Much more important to rid your diet of sugar than fat.

And eggs are fúcking fantastic. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned A little superfood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Used to eat anything and everything, was never overweight and would just eat what I wanted and enjoyed it. Then I started exercising a few times a week which was a pain, started to eat a little bit better. Started exercising more, didn't want to negate the exercising by eating crap so started eating very clean.

Now I'm at a point where if I don't exercise for a few days or eat crap too often (unplanned, holidays don't count) I'm in a worse mood, am less motivated, less confident, think less clearly, less productive, sleep worse, less energy, worry more etc. Must have been always like that but obviously didn't know any different until I started looking after myself.

Still go for pints and eat whatever on weekends, ten times more enjoyable when you feel like you've earned it.

Still a smoker as well though which I hate, length of quitting periods get longer the fitter I get. Will get off them eventually, baby steps and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Is all this healthy eating lark a load of bulls**t. Told by a dietician I have a great diet, still the cholesterol is 6.6, feel like heading for the chippers. :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pretty sure there must be something in your diet causing it, mine is incredibly low.

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    Used to eat anything and everything, was never overweight and would just eat what I wanted and enjoyed it. Then I started exercising a few times a week which was a pain, started to eat a little bit better. Started exercising more, didn't want to negate the exercising by eating crap so started eating very clean.

Now I'm at a point where if I don't exercise for a few days or eat crap too often (unplanned, holidays don't count) I'm in a worse mood, am less motivated, less confident, think less clearly, less productive, sleep worse, less energy, worry more etc. Must have been always like that but obviously didn't know any different until I started looking after myself.

Still go for pints and eat whatever on weekends, ten times more enjoyable when you feel like you've earned it.

Still a smoker as well though which I hate, length of quitting periods get longer the fitter I get. Will get off them eventually, baby steps and all that

This is very true, nobody knows how crap they actually feel until they feel better, and it's like day and night. You don't want the crapness to come back.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

What fish dishes are popular in Germany?

Depends where you are. In the North, they do like their herrings - grilled, salted, pickled, you name it.

In the South, they eat a lot of fresh water fish - carp, trout, ciscos, pike, for example. The dishes depend on the fish - smoked trout is extremely popular where I'm from, as is breaded and fried carp, or carp cooked in a vinegar sauce.
    Ciscos are best from a wood fired barbeque.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'll be having lots of good food tonight after work!

Wine - fruit (grapes)
    Pizza - carbs from the bread, fat from the cheese, vegetables (or fruit) from the tomato sauce and protein from the huge amount of meat I'll have on it

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 HannahJade

I have been trying to lose weight for years now... always up and down. I do great at healthy eating for a couple of months but my willpower always fails.

My diet wouldn't be too bad - but portion control is a problem for me. Also I do enjoy going put for meals and wine.

New years resolution - no more eating out, cut way down on the wine and move more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

madmaggie wrote: »
    Is all this healthy eating lark a load of bulls**t. Told by a dietician I have a great diet, still the cholesterol is 6.6, feel like heading for the chippers. :confused:

That's total cholesterol value. While a useful benchmark, it's much more informative to know the ratio of HDL to LDL, as well as the level of triglycerides .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was given all the info, still confused as hell!!

Friday dinner: Frozen pizza

Sat brekkie: 4 sausages, 4 rashers, 4 black pudding, 4 white pudding, 2 eggs, 5 toast, 1 tomato.

Sat dinner: thai green curry take away, sweets and biscuits.

Sunday: 12 cocktail sausages, 2 rashers, beans 6 slices of bread, heaps of tea.

Sunday dinner: burger and chips form hillbillys.

Monday: wheetabix and museli, soup, dinner was same as sat brekkie.....

Not a great diet but a tasty one!!

The rest of the week was similar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    Be honest, how bad is your diet?

It's great on weekdays, but shocking on weekends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Friday dinner: Frozen pizza

Sat brekkie: 4 sausages, 4 rashers, 4 black pudding, 4 white pudding, 2 eggs, 5 toast, 1 tomato.

Sat dinner: that green curry take away, sweets and biscuits.

Sunday: 12 cocktail sausages, 2 rashers, beans 6 slices of bread, heaps of tea.

Sunday dinner: burger and chips form hillbillys.

Monday: wheetabix and museli, soup, dinner was same as sat brekkie.....

Not a great diet but a tasty one!!

The rest of the week was similar.

S**t stirring again Nox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

I think eating health tush and active is suffucient - this will eventually be your perfect weight. Not a fan of forcing the issue just doing what feels right.

Advertisement