Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be honest, how bad is your diet?

Options
  • 16-11-2014 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

OK everyone. In today's world its obvious people don't have entirely good diets....I'm not in any way being judgemental, it's pretty much just for a bit of fun. So how bad is your diet? And please be honest :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

After you. Be honest, pwetty pwease.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Apart from the 47 glasses of wine last night, it's not too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Roadkill and licking damp carpets for moisture mostly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sausages and rashers fried a couple of days a week, fried steak another day, homemade burgers, boiled spuds most days with homemade chips once a week, no veg unless a tin of beans now and again, about 8 eggs a week, half a pack of chocolate biscuits daily, at most one piece of fruit per day and cornflakes for breakfast. OK I drink a litre of milk daily but overall a really crap diet. That said my cholesterol is 4.2, I am over 70 and fit as a flea with neither ache nor pain. I have an active lifestyle so it might cancel out the poor diet. Do my cigarettes count as part of my diet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I'm alive. That says it all really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I'm dieing to diet so i don't die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Apart from the 47 glasses of wine last night, it's not too bad

Similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

A lot of the time it's very good. Then I have days like today. Today I had a crepe with chocolate in it, a chocolate hazelnut truffle, three quarters of a ciabatta loaf and a brownie. All delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Let's put it this way.

I'm hoping medical science will have my back when my tick, tick, ticker stops a tick, tick, ticking…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm pretty sure i'm going to have a heart attack before i'm 40. I hate vegetables but love meat, with steak being my favorite. I eat takeaways, fast food, as well foods that have a lot of salt in them. I also have the odd pot noddles from time to time. I don't really consider how unhealthy the food i'm ingesting could be, I just eat it regardless of the consequences.

On top of that, I also have a sweet tooth and eat a lot of surgery foods, and snacks. When I eat toast, I usually smother it with butter, and I eat a lot of food with added butter as well.

All in all I would say my diet is pretty unhealthy, although I still refuse to stop because i've long since had the opinion that i'd rather die enjoying the things I love, than the things I hate or dislike even if it is more healthy.

PS I also eat greasy foods as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seefood diet, I see food and I eat it, followed by 6 500ml cans on Monster, think I maybe turning into a sober homer simpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Could be better, but exercise is my problem.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I eat quite a bit, but I eat relatively healthily. Don't usually eat processed food, cook everything myself, plenty of fresh fruit and veg in my diet. Could do with a bit more exercise though these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

i have a salad with my chips so im on the fast track to healthy eating

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Due to saving, I look to the famine to get inspiration for my diet but it's more of a modern famine diet with red bull added at many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

Try sticking to the gluten free diet, having to look at every label, even after 8 years still so hard to stick to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

At the moment I'm testing how long I can live on cheap beer and potato waffles.

Hopefully someone will find me in a confused state if it doesn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

Really bad. My friends take the piss out of me cos all I've eaten for dinner since I've moved out is chicken kiev type things cos they're cheap and easy to prepare because I've few cooking utensils. I don't have anything with them apart from mayonnaise. I have pasta with tuna and different sauces other days.

For lunch it's a small roll/bap with cheese and ham and an apple/pear.

I either skip breakfast or have a cereal bar.

I've been drinking loads too and it's starting to take more and more booze for me to get any sort of effect from it so I think I need to reel it in a bit.

I drink a lot of coffee without milk, I can't remember if that's good or bad for you.

So yeah, it's awful at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I've a very good diet. I'm very conscious of it tbh.

Breakfast is normally oats with almond milk, protein and berries.

Lunch can be rice or sweet potato with lean mince, chicken, turkey or salmon.

A snack meal would be fruit with almonds or Greek yoghurt.

Dinner same breed as lunch.

Always have frozen veg with lunch and dinner. Sometimes frozen berries for desert or just blended into my protein shake

That'd be consistent throughout the week. I am a student so throw in about two bottles of vodka into the weekly mix and maybe a takeaway or two. But cheat meals are essential to a good diet to reset your metabolism etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Litre of redbull and 20 fags a day does it for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I've a very good diet. I'm very conscious of it tbh.

Breakfast is normally oats with almond milk, protein and berries.

Lunch can be rice or sweet potato with lean mince, chicken, turkey or salmon.

A snack meal would be fruit with almonds or Greek yoghurt.

Dinner same breed as lunch.

Always have frozen veg with lunch and dinner. Sometimes frozen berries for desert or just blended into my protein shake

That'd be consistent throughout the week. I am a student so throw in about two bottles of vodka into the weekly mix and maybe a takeaway or two. But cheat meals are essential to a good diet to reset your metabolism etc.

Ha just the two bottles a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

My diet is really bad. Some days I would only have an egg, yougurt and two slices of white bread for breakfast, then eat nothing for the rest of the day. If I have chocolate or crisps in the house I will snack on them. If I get around to eating dinner, it usually just pizza and chips or pasta. I am a veggie and eat very little fruit or veg.
    When I was pregnant I was consious of what I was eating but since babies arrived my diet has returned to being ****e.

Mine's terrible 'cause I really hate vegetables. I can't stand salads, onions, tomatoes (ok it's a fruit but still), cabbage....you name it. And I don't eat eggs either, or fish. I know it's bad to be a picky eater but at the same time I don't see much benefit in forcing myself to eat disgusting foods that make me gag. I'm quite bad at eating fruit too - occasionally I'll buy apples, grapes or oranges and eat them for two or three days before leaving the rest to go rotten. :(

I don't regularly eat takeaways or over indulge junk food but I do have the occasional comfort eating binge. The one thing I overeat enormously is breakfast cereal - I could easily sit down and demolish a box of cornflakes by myself in one sitting. I drink a lot of milk, which I guess is both good and bad.

I'm terrible at exercise too - I keep telling myself I'll take up running but I always manage to deflate my enthusiasm. And I'm far too socially awkward to go anywhere near a gym.

*sigh* This is why I'm doomed to be overweight, unfit and single forever..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

Corn flakes in the morning, chicken fillet roll for lunch and rice-veg-meat for dinner. The odd bar some days as well. Only drink water though so at least I'm avoiding the red bull or coke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

My breakfast, lunch and dinners are usually great. I eat loads of vegetables, eggs, very little processed food in my meals... I don't eat meat but make sure to get plenty of protein.

My problem is snacking. The vending machines at work are a weakness. And I live with my boyfriend who brings loads of junk food into the house...I need willpower :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I've a terrible diet, kinda.

I barely cook anymore because the food in college is cheap and the food on work is free. So I have 4 meals in college a week, one is a roast, maybe lasagne or similar another day, a fry, and a 3 course meal cooked by second year culinary arts students every Wednesday.

Then in work it's chicken based meals of various discriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Terrible. Lots of fat and sugar, some vegetables, lots of meat. I drink too much (usually 2 hardy nights out per week) no smoking though. I exercise like crazy, I run every day and I surf and kayak a lot so I'm actually in very good shape, at least on the outside anyway :pac:

I know my sh!t diet will punish me eventually when I'm old but I don't really care enough to do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

I eat average enough i suppose. Cut well back on drink since early sept and iv lost 6lbs. Iv gone from say half a bottle of wine and 8-10pints a week to basically none. So just shows ya the old booze. Is a a good fattener. Iv not changed the way i eat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's pretty terrible filled with junk food and takeaway but at least I eat plenty of fruit... Caramel is a fruit, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My current diet consists of one small meal a day, with cigarettes and tea and small snacks filling the rest.

Advertisement