Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

So sorry to hear your sad news. I have been so worried of something like this myself. Sorry it happened to you. Take it easy and look after yourself.

Seems like the wrong time to sshare it but did have my early scan today. And was finally happy & excited even a small bit. They said the chances of something going wrong now are very low which was a relief. Strong heartbeat and measuring perfectly. Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Seems like the wrong time to sshare it but did have my early scan today. And was finally happy & excited even a small bit. They said the chances of something going wrong now are very low which was a relief. Strong heartbeat and measuring perfectly. Amazing.

That's good news. How are you feeling now, are you still feeling very sick? I still have nausea & occasional vomiting but it's not as bad as it was thankfully.

That's good news. How are you feeling now, are you still feeling very sick? I still have nausea & occasional vomiting but it's not as bad as it was thankfully.

Still quite bad, but have had a few hours of feeling more myself over the last few days - thank god - there were a lot of tears and I have been feeling quite low. So would just love to get back to feeling like me a bit more!

Glad to hear you are on the mend, a bit anyways. I think you are further along than me! I am 8w4d. So hopefully 4-6 weeks should see me right worse case! Best case tomorrow or any day soon ;)

I'm 9w2d so only a few days further along than you. Hopefully we're back to feeling normal soon :) I'm at least getting through the days in work now which is a big improvement on weeks 6/7 already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 jodyk

So sorry to hear your news kkcatlou xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 33 maidonamission

Really sorry to hear your news kkcatlou, hope you're minding yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

M5 wrote: »
    Hi all

Has anyone had a nuchal test done in the DUblin area or somewhere within a hour or so drive? Looking to get it done soon and was wondering if anyone had any experiences?

Also my wife is terrified of giving birth naturally due to her experiences working with disabled children (many of whom ran into complications during birth). Has anyone had a similar experience? From what we have heard C sections are not something you just ask for and the consultant/doctor can refuse

Hi M5
    I'm a June mummy to be but always jumping around the forum being nosy! I had the nuchal scan done at the Coombe. I'm a public patient and it cost 100euro - money well spent for peace of mind in my opinion. I'm very fortunate in that my chance of any abnormalities went from 1 in 300 prior to the tests (scan and bloods) to 1 in over 7000!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

God my date for my first scan, New Year's Eve. Hopefully all will be well and it will be a lovely end to the year. I think I'm more nervous about this first scan than I was the last time.

A new years Eve scan? Aww how exciting!! That will fly in now with Christmas coming!

I went for a swim yesterday + felt the best I have since this peanut started growing! It gave me a real boost, knowing that I can feel "normal" at some point. And wasn't in the bits with sickness when I woke up this morning, now it came pretty badly about an hour later but so great to be able to just get up and have my ttoast downstairs. It's the little things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

12 weeks today and got to see my beautiful little baba today. I appear to be carrying a little breakdancer! The movement was amazing, arms going everywhere and waving its little hand in front of its face. The growth in 3/4 weeks was amazing. Got the nuchal measurements done and all looks good there too. Back in 4 weeks.

Ah that's brilliant Roesy. Such a relief to see them and know all is well.

I'm getting pretty anxious about seeing this little pudding. I'm so sick this time that I'm dying for the reassurance.

I still have nausea & occasional vomiting but it's not as bad as it was thankfully.

Famous last words. The next day I had one of my worst days yet. Vomited 20+ times, I couldn't even keep tiny sips of water/7up down & when my stomach was empty I was still vomiting up bile. I really hope I don't have a day like that again :(

Famous last words. The next day I had one of my worst days yet. Vomited 20+ times, I couldn't even keep tiny sips of water/7up down & when my stomach was empty I was still vomiting up bile. I really hope I don't have a day like that again :(

You poor poor thing! That post made me realise I could be so much worse, so thanks for that. I really feel for you. You can say all 'helpful' standard things - means healthy hormones for baby, it will be worth it in the long run, etc etc - but when you are in the depths of feeling like that nothing really helps.

I really hope you don't have another day like that too! :(

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time greenorchard. If you are even half as bad today Id probably see a doctor or give your hospital a ring and speak to a midwife. You really don't want to get dehydrated.

Thanks ladies. That was on Tuesday & thankfully the non-stop vomiting only lasted 24 hours or so and then I went back to 'just' really bad nausea but only vomiting a couple of times a day so at least I didn't end up in hospital. I seem to have a day like that every week or two though so I'm now terrified of it happening on Christmas day or my birthday which is also soon.

I feel bad complaining constantly but weeks on end of severe morning sickness really is an utterly miserable existence.

Got my first appointment, 6th of Jan. And am on the Dominos scheme with Holles Street, I think anyways! Yay. Good and bad days here. So looking forward to a day in the future with no nausea. 'all I want for Christmassssssss' ;)

Hope everyone is feeling bearable!

Got my first appointment, 6th of Jan. And am on the Dominos scheme with Holles Street, I think anyways! Yay. Good and bad days here. So looking forward to a day in the future with no nausea. 'all I want for Christmassssssss' ;)

Hope everyone is feeling bearable!

Ha myself & my husband were singing that song in the car the other day but we were changing the lyrics to be about my morning sickness. All I want for Christmas is to not spew :)

Have my first appointment on Jan 2nd so it's getting close now. Finishing up work today, so excited to have nearly 2 weeks off

Finished up work today as well thank god. I'm looking forward to spending my least nauseous hours at home with my son instead of work. :o

Merry Christmas all! Hope the morning sickness stays away and we all get to enjoy our festive feasts. Funny to think we'll be sharing it with 5ish month olds next year :D

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas ladies! I was sick this morn but feeling ok now so I'm looking forward to a big Christmas dinner soon :) Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Happy New Year to the July Mammies!

Had my first scan today and got to see my little pudding. All is going well and it's a great end to the year. Back again in four weeks. The word is out now so I may start thinking about telling work.

Happy new year everyone.

Had my 12 week appointment today. Everything's good with the baby & it was really cool seeing him/her wriggling away on the scan :) The difference from my scan 3 weeks ago is amazing! We have a long-legged little one dancing away in there :)

I'm still very sick unfortunately and my urine had ketones in it today as a result. Has anyone's morning sickness started to ease yet? Hoping mine will soon!

That's great greenorchard.

I thought my sickness had started to ease but then I spent most of the last 2 days between bed and my head in the toilet...

Oh no Nead21! I've thought mine was starting to ease a couple of times but then it always comes back with a bang. The last week has been particularly bad but I'm hoping I've hit the peak of it now & it'll start to at least ease off soon. I can't wait for a nausea & vomiting-free day! My blood pressure was low today too which explains why I've been feeling like a dizzy drunk a lot in the last few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Hi ladies
    Glad to hear all the 12 week scans are going well. I also had mine during the week and all looked good thankfully.

Has anyone else (particularly those who are on their second plus pregnancy) had a bump explosion? I can't believe I'm in maternity clothes already and looking like I ate far too much over Christmas!!

Sorry to hear the nausea and vomiting is still so bad for some of you. Mine has definitely eased off, although not gone, I'm now eating proper amounts, though often still picky and wanting junk food rather than good food! Hope I feel like some fruit/veg soon!

Hi all. Happy new year! Haven't had the heart to even post lately, just the same old, same old. Sick sick sick. I have okay/manageable days, but then seem to pay for it the next day! Yesterday was my birthday, and tiny bump seemed to know + treated me to an easier good day, but today! I have already had two vomiting sessions and it's only 8.30am :( Feeling rough to say the least.

I could rant for about two pages but I know you are all the same & won't it be worth it in the end. ;)

You ladies are ahead of me, only 11 weeks, but have my first appointment next Tuesday. I am doing the Dominos scheme with Holles Street so no scan this appointment, have to wait until 20 weeks. But still happy to be getting things properly started, and finding out some more information. Over a quarter of the way there!!!!

Drdoc wrote: »
    Hi ladies
    Glad to hear all the 12 week scans are going well. I also had mine during the week and all looked good thankfully.

Has anyone else (particularly those who are on their second plus pregnancy) had a bump explosion? I can't believe I'm in maternity clothes already and looking like I ate far too much over Christmas!!

Sorry to hear the nausea and vomiting is still so bad for some of you. Mine has definitely eased off, although not gone, I'm now eating proper amounts, though often still picky and wanting junk food rather than good food! Hope I feel like some fruit/veg soon!

+1 on the bump explosion. I'm just over the 14 weeks and had a lot of people who didn't really know me guessing until probably 20 weeks the last time. In some clothes I look like went mad over Christmas, in others I have a bump now.

My nausea and vomiting has improved too but certain things, like getting too hungry or like this morning, changing a bad nappy can still set me off. I'm not as averse to vegetables this time but I have no desire for anything food wise, I just see to be eating to hold off the nausea.

Hi all. Happy new year! Haven't had the heart to even post lately, just the same old, same old. Sick sick sick. I have okay/manageable days, but then seem to pay for it the next day! Yesterday was my birthday, and tiny bump seemed to know + treated me to an easier good day, but today! I have already had two vomiting sessions and it's only 8.30am :( Feeling rough to say the least.

Happy birthday for yesterday! I'm the exact same, have some manageable days but then they're followed by really bad ones. My birthday was during the week too and thankfully I wasn't too bad that day but the next day was a vomit-fest. Met friends for lunch & had to keep running to the toilet to be sick.

I don't have a bump yet but I feel like my belly's huge. I'm very slim but when I eat a lot of bad food I tend to gain fat on my stomach & I've been eating terribly recently, so even though I've lost weight overall from being so sick, I've gained a pot belly. It's all fat though rather than baby!

Been feeling quite guilty about my diet the last 6 weeks. I also have an aversion to vegetables so have barely been eating any. There's so few foods I can manage to eat & most of them are total junk. As soon as I'm better I'm gonna have to go on a vegetable binge & cut out the rubbish.

• Advertisement

Thanks greenorchard. It all sounds very similar to me, only you are even more vomity :(

The diet is ridiculous. My regular diet consists of vegetables, salad and bread mostly, my most favourite foods. And now I can hardly stand the idea of them. Haven't really eaten salad since the start of November. It really gets me down but it is just impossible to eat anything you don't feel like. The very thought of so many foods have my tummy upside down within minutes. My whole mouth has just filled with saliva like I am going to be sick from just writing/thinking about the wrong foods.

Eating on the whole has become a chore. Just to stop myself from feeling/being sick. I haven't been hungry since start of November. Once I start eating and get over the nausea I can usually eat a normal ish amount but it's all such an effort.

I have put on weight, I think the bad diet has not suited me at all, I am usually very healthy. And very active so now that I am neither of these, the weight has stuck on me. But slim, slight bump already, the shape of my tummy has changed. But yes feel huge and bloated, especially in the evenings!

Advertisement