Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jodyk

cork044 wrote: »
    Hi :) welcome! I am due the same date as you! I am going public so wont have my scan till mid jan! Which seems forever away :( anyway i booked a private scan on dec 10th! Worth the money for some peace of mind! Fingers crossed for everyone xx

Snap ! Dec 10th is the same day as my scan too :-) 22 days and counting :-) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

Hi all.

Feels surreal to be posting here. Still very early days, like most here. Due roughly around the 26th of July based on last period. Haven't been to my doctor yet as we are away visiting relatives. Our first and we were sort of trying, as in we were open to the idea as we feel we are ready but probably not expecting it to happen in the first month! It feels amazing and unreal.

It's great to read about others going through the same stages, with the same pains, worries and all the rest.

Very excited over all and unsure if we can hold out until Christmas to tell our families! Has anyone else told anyone? Haven't actually said the words 'I am pregnant' out loud. It's like I think it will jinx it, so silly I know! I waited to tell daddy-to-be until the next day (so hard!) but as we weren't in our own home it felt less special. So bought the tiniest 'I love dad' socks and a first time father book and we went for lunch somewhere special and I gave him the gifts to tell him!! He suspected, but it was lovely. We both teared up a few times!

Okay, done with rambling! Sorry! Very excited! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Congrats Wholeheartedly! That's a lovely story about how you told your OH.

We've told my mam and both of his parents so far, we told them about 10 days after we found out. Will try and hold off another couple of weeks before telling siblings but I think I'll tell one of my friends in the next week or so cos she's pregnant too & I can't wait to tell her. I'm not very good at keeping secrets!

Booked an early scan today for Dec 11th, can't wait :-)

Ahhh I don't think I am so good with secrets either. Just very excited. Being in another country makes it even more surreal. Will a book a doctors appointment as soon as we are home. And haven't decided about an early scan? It would be nice to hear a heartbeat! <3

I would just have my dad to tell, don't think he will be too pushed to know very soon. Have both my OH parents, but honestly don't think his mum will be able to hear to keep it a secret at all! First grandchild etc. :)

Ah we both have older siblings so there's already quite a few grandchildren on both sides so we knew they'd be good for keeping it secret. I haven't told my dad yet though as I wouldn't trust him at all to keep it to himself!

• Advertisement

Welcome wholeheartedly, that's a lovely story about how you told your OH :-) My hubby wanted to tell my parents the day after we found out - he was just too excited to hold it in ! Everyone else is coming to our house for Xmas dinner so we're going to announce it then - very hard keeping it in !!

Thanks!! It's easier to keep the secret as we are away, asked OH about it again today and he said 'well if I see my mum I think I will just have to tell her straight away'. Very sweet. He is so excited too. So we are trying to think of a nice way to tell them, maybe will get an early scan and give them a scan pic framed. First grandchild is special and his mum is dying for it! And has no idea we were trying!

Woke up during the night last night with really bad pains in my stomach, very sore and my head was spinning, or rather looping, so strange and I felt terrible and scared. But no bleeding or even spotting so trusting all is well. Feel extremely weak and shaky today. But okay ish other than that. Hard work growing a human ;) fingers crossed all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

We just told my Mam and his sister. And a friend of mine guessed, and I thought I was doing such a great job of keeping it secret. To be fair, she'd guessed even before I knew as I was really sick after drinking one night around the time we conceieved which wouldn't be like me at all (usually I'm well able for it ;-) ).

Have early scan booked in for Saturday week, so think we might tell the rest of the 2 families the weekend after that all going well. The first week it was impossible keeping it quiet - I found it so stressful (along with everything else). But I'm a bit calmer now and it's a bit easier. The Christmas drinking is going to be the absolute worst! The sister in law (who knows) already made the comment "sure Loukkcat is such an alco, they'll all guess straight away"...the fact that she said this a day I was already hormonal didn't help!

Had spotting all weekend which did freak me out, but it's gone now and I've been taking it easy all week, and the morning sickness is here with a whack (no vomiting though). Strange to feel so relieved about feeling so rotten!

Sounds like we are all equally excited/ freaked out by the whole thing!

kkcatlou wrote: »
    the morning sickness is here with a whack (no vomiting though). Strange to feel so relieved about feeling so rotten!

I hear ya on this! Was shattered today (have slept really badly the last few nights) and I was FAMISHED all day to the point of feeling sick. It eased whenever I ate but then I'd be ravenous again quite quickly. I already have a very fast metabolism & am one of those people who needs to eat very regularly or I start to feel faint. So now it's like that times two!

Horrible as I felt though, it was also a relief in a way cos I was only saying last night that I didn't feel pregnant cos my boobs weren't really sore anymore & that was the only symptom I'd been having so far apart from occasional cramps. I definitely feel pregnant again today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Horrible as I felt though, it was also a relief in a way cos I was only saying last night that I didn't feel pregnant cos my boobs weren't really sore anymore & that was the only symptom I'd been having so far apart from occasional cramps. I definitely feel pregnant again today!

You can have no "symptoms" and still have a perfectly healthy pregnancy. People seem to forget that missing a period is a constant symptom :) Don't worry if you feel good, not sick, etc, enjoy it, trust me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Duberlin Chick

Hey girls, just looking to join the party. Just got my BFP on Wednesday and still sinking in after a year of trying and also being in the throes of being diagnosed with endometriosis, and thinking of the hurdles that would bring. I'm twinge central at the moment and trying to relax about it all. It's pretty odd eh ?!? First time round so looking to learn a lot from you guys! Because having visited the hospital briefly the other day it appears I KNOW NOTHING!! And too early to ask anyone either lol someone hold my hand!!

Hey girls, just looking to join the party. Just got my BFP on Wednesday and still sinking in after a year of trying and also being in the throes of being diagnosed with endometriosis, and thinking of the hurdles that would bring. I'm twinge central at the moment and trying to relax about it all. It's pretty odd eh ?!? First time round so looking to learn a lot from you guys! Because having visited the hospital briefly the other day it appears I KNOW NOTHING!! And too early to ask anyone either lol someone hold my hand!!

Welcome & congratulations. You must be so thrilled after a year of trying. I thought that was a bit more normal for some reason, my MIL was always hinting about having kids soon, 'never a right time and so on' ;) and one of the other things she said a few times was it doesn't happen right away. Which accounts for why I am still so shocked it happened the first time. Really didn't think it would. And now everything seems so soon. And like you I feel like a need a lot of hand holding but afraid to tell anyone! Only 5w1d. Very early. So not sure what to do. I think we will go for an early scan next week and then make a decision on telling someone or not.

I feel like I know way more about everything after the birth but not very much up until then. I am so nauseous and have no energy at all and really uncomfortable cramps. Like last night I went to sleep so nauseous and woke up the same, afraid to get up to pee in case I made it worse but had to around 7am and it make it so so much worse. Can't lie on my back or front, as it makes it worse. Cried 4 times over breakfast. I honestly had no idea it could be so bad so early.

I guess lots of people I know didn't even figured out they are pregnant until 10/12 weeks. Someone I knew through a friend didn't know until 5 months!

So thought it would be barely noticeable. Ha HA how I laugh at my naive self.

I hope you are getting on alright and not feeling too awful. There seems to be a lot of newbies on this thread. Which is nice but I did have a read through the June 2015 thread to try get an idea of what's to come. Found it helpful. Congrats again!

Wholeheartedly, I also thought morning sickness didn't start for another week or two but I'm sick as a dog the last two days. Yesterday I had terrible nausea & today it's worse again & has progressed to vomiting. I'm not even 6 weeks yet! Dreading work tomorrow, don't know how I'm going to get through the day, let alone the week.

Snap! I was/am shocked at the effect it's having so soon. And as you said not even six weeks! Fingers crossed it doesn't get much worse. Can't imagine work on top of it too. I am so weak after the nausea too, this morning by the time I got to the bottom of the stairs my legs were like jelly and I was shaking. It's like I have been sick in bed for days!! Cutting holiday short as I am useless!

Hi all, I was 6 weeks on Sat and the nausea kicked in straight away - I was really hoping to be one of the lucky ones who would avoid it totally ! Like you kkcatlou, I'm not vomiting but I almost wish I could because maybe this horrible constant sicky feeling would go away then ! Have tried gingerale, peppermint, gaviscon, dry crackers, sipping water, sitting up, lying down, absolutely nothing works ! It even woke me during the night on Sat night and last night ! Am sooo hoping I don't have another 6 weeks of this to face into !!! Welcome to the new joiners, and congrats to you all xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

7 Weeks tomorrow and nausea is awful. I'm sitting at my desk trying to nibble on an oakcake. I just realised I forgot my ginger tea :(

Wholeheartedly I can understand the crying.My emotions are all over the place too. I cried several times during the TV3 Toy Show on Friday and I'm nearly welling over my forgotten ginger tea. I don't remember from last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Congrats to all the new joiners!

7 weeks today and nausea is just getting worse and worse, it's a miserable existence. Like you jody k, it's all day long and nothing works to help it. The only relief is when I'm asleep. It's very hard to be bubbly with a toddler when you feel crap and just want to go to bed! In a way, work is at least a bit of a distraction and easier than being home all day with the little man.
    Anyone else absolutely exhausted too? Only had the nausea last time. Could've done without another symptom!
    On the plus side, I've an early scan next week to look forward to.

Hang in there ladies, we'll all be feeling better in a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I'm 8 weeks 4 days. Had a scan this morning to follow up after a bleed a couple of weeks ago. Last time there was just the gestational sac and yolk sac to be seen as I was only 6 weeks so it was lovely to a wiggly little blob with a nice strong heartbeat today.

My symptoms come and go. I have intermittent nausea and vomiting. It's definitely worse when I am hungry. I'm a bit more tired and look like I have a pot belly by night time. It's funny, the nausea kicked in a lot earlier this time but was more constant when it did last time so I get nervous when it disappears. I have a little girl who just turned one so I should be grateful that it's not as full on as last time I suppose! I keep comparing this to my last pregnancy and it's quite different so far.

I had to call in sick today, was vomiting again this morning & felt terrible. Still feel awful, I'm gonna try go for acupuncture tomorrow if I can get an appointment somewhere, hoping it might help a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

I had to call in sick today, was vomiting again this morning & felt terrible. Still feel awful, I'm gonna try go for acupuncture tomorrow if I can get an appointment somewhere, hoping it might help a bit.

Poor you greenorchard. Do you have an understanding boss? I had to tell mine due to working hours. Do you ever get the feeling though that people are thinking "it's only a bit of morning sickness, get on with it!"

Looks like most of the July thread are feeling a bit rough :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Duberlin Chick

Hey guys! Thanks for the warm welcome. Very very tired but not much in the way of sickness yet thank god! Much sympathy to you guys who are in the throes of that already. It's not easy girls eh?!?

I'm currently on holiday abroad after an agonising decision on whether to keep travel plans after we got the news. Had terrible Pains in my side all week and they couldn't rule out etopic or appendicitis so they said to pop back in on Sunday the day we were to travel. We had decided not to go at that stage. Was just going through the motions. Too risky but two docs said no deterioration In bloods and could rule out etopic so last minute decided to keep travel plans with 3 hours to pack and get to the airport. I'm not sure that carry on is good for anyone! :)

Anyways seriously jetlagged today but enjoying the parading in the bikini cause who knows what lies ahead! :/

Oh thank god for this! Hearing other people feeling the same helps a bit. At some point around 5am this morning when I could not even more I was so nauseous, I thought 'what have I done?' 'how can I get through this?' I am only 5w3days and mornings and evenings are just unbearable. I am going to go my gp this week. I honestly never thought it would be like this. The thought had it might get worse, a pregnancy app I have kindly told me yesterday that this morning I might suffer from some nausea, probably start about the 8 week mark. HA HA. How I laughed. And then tried not to throw up! ;(

I actually am not throwing up but sometimes wish I could for some relief.

Nead21 wrote: »
    7 Weeks tomorrow and nausea is awful. I'm sitting at my desk trying to nibble on an oakcake. I just realised I forgot my ginger tea :(

Wholeheartedly I can understand the crying.My emotions are all over the place too. I cried several times during the TV3 Toy Show on Friday and I'm nearly welling over my forgotten ginger tea. I don't remember from last time.

I keep crying in restaurants, I think it has to do with the fact I am also tired and hungry at the time. Just tears streaming down my face. My OH thinks I am madder than ever. Starts over nothing or the smallest thing. And during one of these crying episodes, OH was giving me a hug and said 'it's okay, don't be silly' (just being nice) but started crying even more, while trying to get the words 'I am not trying to be silly' out. Jaysus..

Also two sightings of very old ladies have kicked me off, I start thinking about how lonely they must be and where are their families and do they have anyone to help them, etc etc. And then tears!

But would have so many more tears just to be rid of the sickness. Blergh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I actually am not throwing up but sometimes wish I could for some relief.

If it makes you feel any better throwing up generally doesn't relieve the nausea of morning sickness, because it's not getting rid of a toxin/illness out of your body like puking when you've drank too much or ate something bad, it's just hormones causing it. So once you've puked the hormones mostly just go right back to making you nauseous again.

Morning ladies, my hubby brought me home those travel sickness bands last night and the relief was almost instant ! Now don't get me wrong, the nausea is still there constantly but it's sort of like background noise now if that makes sense.

I am still getting a few waves of "oh crap, I feel like throwing up" but I still haven't actually been sick and the bands are definitely taking the edge off. I know they don't work for everyone but they were only a few euro in the chemist so might be worth a try for you ladies still struggling xx

If it makes you feel any better throwing up generally doesn't relieve the nausea of morning sickness, because it's not getting rid of a toxin/illness out of your body like puking when you've drank too much or ate something bad, it's just hormones causing it. So once you've puked the hormones mostly just go right back to making you nauseous again.

Okay, thanks. Good to know. Well I will just count myself lucky so. ;) will be hard to hide it around friends and family while I am this sick and useless. Someone already asked but I fibbed. Just a bit early and wasn't face to face. Don't think I could lie to their face!

I do get some relief when I vomit but it's only very temporary.

Mine is so much worse again today, have already vomited a few times this morning. Going for acupuncture in a couple of hours but I'm definitely going to buy those travel sickness bands too, thanks jodyk. Apparently Vitamin B6 is supposed to help too so I might try pick some up this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

Sounds like you're all having a horrendous time! Hope it eases up soon! My little bit of queasiness in the evenings sounds like a bit of fun versus what you poor girls are going through.

I've had a pretty scary few days. The spotting that started 10 days ago hasn't stopped for more than 24 hours at a time, and turned into bleeding yesterday, so I spent 5 and a half hours in the emergency room of the Coombe last night! Great craic!! All is good thankfully, but they have referred me to the Early Pregnancy Unit for a full scan next week. It was a bit mad seeing it all on the scanner last night. It literally is just a blueberry at this stage. Such a relief to see all was good. It looks as though the bleeding/ spotting is just something I'm going to have to deal with. Feel better now knowing all is OK, but it's still a huge worry!

I haven't done any exercise in nearly 2 weeks at this stage (besides walking about 20 mins a day and a few 20 min cycles) and feeling awful as a result. I was used to running 3-5 times a week and doing pilates. The doctor said it's perfectly safe to get back doing exercise and encouraged me to get back. But then i have my Mam telling me to put my feet up and do nothing. She'd be happiest if I locked myself in the house and stayed in bed for 3 months (which she had to do with me as she had constant bleeding for that long!!), so that has me in two minds as to what to do! I'll crack up though if I "put my feet up" for any longer! Also, constipation is my biggest enemy at the moment (and prunes have become my best friend!!)....and I know a run would be amazing for that!

How are other people coping with exercise and all of that? Any tips for what's good to keep nausea/ constipation at bay but not putting yourself at risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

kkcatlou wrote: »
    Sounds like you're all having a horrendous time! Hope it eases up soon! My little bit of queasiness in the evenings sounds like a bit of fun versus what you poor girls are going through.

I've had a pretty scary few days. The spotting that started 10 days ago hasn't stopped for more than 24 hours at a time, and turned into bleeding yesterday, so I spent 5 and a half hours in the emergency room of the Coombe last night! Great craic!! All is good thankfully, but they have referred me to the Early Pregnancy Unit for a full scan next week. It was a bit mad seeing it all on the scanner last night. It literally is just a blueberry at this stage. Such a relief to see all was good. It looks as though the bleeding/ spotting is just something I'm going to have to deal with. Feel better now knowing all is OK, but it's still a huge worry!

I haven't done any exercise in nearly 2 weeks at this stage (besides walking about 20 mins a day and a few 20 min cycles) and feeling awful as a result. I was used to running 3-5 times a week and doing pilates. The doctor said it's perfectly safe to get back doing exercise and encouraged me to get back. But then i have my Mam telling me to put my feet up and do nothing. She'd be happiest if I locked myself in the house and stayed in bed for 3 months (which she had to do with me as she had constant bleeding for that long!!), so that has me in two minds as to what to do! I'll crack up though if I "put my feet up" for any longer! Also, constipation is my biggest enemy at the moment (and prunes have become my best friend!!)....and I know a run would be amazing for that!

How are other people coping with exercise and all of that? Any tips for what's good to keep nausea/ constipation at bay but not putting yourself at risk?

Sorry to hear about the spotting and bleeding. It's such a worry. Had an episode of it myself a couple of weeks ago.

With regards to the exercise, I don't know what id do there. I'd been running 2-3 times a week up until just before I found out. Had the bleed a couple of weeks later and asked the doctor. He said keeping up my normal level of activity was fine but not to be exerting myself any further but advised not to do anything while I was spotting/bleeding. To be honest I haven't done much besides walk since then(due to a combination of fear/nausea/tiredness).

For constipation during my last pregnancy, the midwife recommended two kiwis a day. It worked for me anyway. Oh and a decent water intake. The nausea fight is hit and miss for me. Some people swear by ginger, didn't work too well for me. I find that I have to just eat small amounts very frequently. Oatcakes were my saviour last time and citrusy fruits. This time crackers, sparkling water and mints seem to help.

• Advertisement

kkcatlou - you poor thing, you must have been so worried. Thank God you got to see everything is perfect though, and hopefully that spotting will ease off soon.

I got a program from the gym when I told them I was pregnant and it's all very low impact stuff and very light - 20 minutes cardio, very light freeweights, that sort of thing.

I think weigh up for yourself whether you'll feel more comfortable exercising or resting until the spotting stops - ultimately you know your own body best, and if you've confirmation the spotting is not serious and you feel able to exercise / want to exercise, just start off slowly and listen to your body as you go along.

The constipation is yukky - I am using prune juice for it - cos I hate the taste of the prunes themselves but at least can knock this back in a shot :-S

For my nausea, I'm wearing the sea sick bracelets and they're definitely taking the edge off. Am also keeping a stash in my desk of yoghurts, salty crackers and mints to help me when I'm hungry - which seems to be all the time !! Weird how I can feel hungry but yet nauseous all day long !

Good luck with it, hope you find something that works for you :-)

Advertisement