Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Tattoos be banned till over 40

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I don't have any tattoos, but I really want to get one now. Was thinking few weeks about it now.

I don't know why people are so against "live and let live" rule. If you don't like tattoos, then great for you, but if someone wants it, then why should that concern you in any way or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I don't have any tattoos, but I really want to get one now. Was thinking few weeks about it now.

I don't know why people are so against "live and let live" rule. If you don't like tattoos, then great for you, but if someone wants it, then why should that concern you in any way or form.

Because - maybe some people are more sensible than you (Not you, but in general).

In other words - your post proves in a way, that a tattoo is a temporary state of mind. Why would anybody put a temporary state of mind on their body.

My views, from yesterday change - I accept people's opinions , and change.

Don't damage your body , because something is right now - what the hell has a Damien Hirst skull got to do with anybodies life in reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭JasperGeorge.

Because - maybe some people are more sensible than you (Not you, but in general).

In other words - your post proves in a way, that a tattoo is a temporary state of mind. Why would anybody put a temporary state of mind on their body.

Don't damage your body , because something is right now - what the hell has a Damien Hirst skull got to do with anybodies life in reality.

I will do whatever I like to my body thanks.

I will do whatever I like to my body thanks.

Yes , but looking at what I have seen - maybe you shouldn't. :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 KORTON

them oil tats that only last a week or so might be the way to go just to get the feel before one gets the real thing.just saying

• Advertisement

this biker guy I chatted to at a house party had a tat of a tiger on his forearm.it was ****ed up omg very bad job.lol it looked like a doll ted bear tiger lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Was in Cork City recently - a great city, with a great respect for culture and art.

Should have just stopped here.. :pac:

some alien abductees feel the need to bang ink into their skin and that's fine as a marking point
    but it doesn't stop there....

Dr. Karla Turner died of cancer on January 10, 1996, after being threatened for her work. She was just 48. Since then, several other people involved in UFO investigation have also experienced threats followed by highly unusual cancers. Several of her case studies are now dead.
    she had a tat of a night world map RIP KT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

KORTON wrote: »
    Dr. Karla Turner died of cancer on January 10, 1996, after being threatened for her work. She was just 48. Since then, several other people involved in UFO investigation have also experienced threats followed by highly unusual cancers. Several of her case studies are now dead.
    she had a tat of a night world map RIP KT

Oh for the love of Jesus, your posts make my head hurt :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I Like Cake!

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

uch wrote: »
    I Like Cake!

*passes uch a slice and a cuppa*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Was in Cork City recently - a great city, with a great respect for culture and art.

But - in the swimming pool at the 4 star hotel , I was shocked at the poor standard of body art ! , mostly on bodies of locals.

Was thinking - if there is such a great tradition with art in the city - why the body art was so poor ?

Anyway - is it time , like the Sun bed issue , we started controlling silly decisions of the youth ?

It would be wrong to control peoples freedom to get a tattoo of their choice, even if it is not eye-candy for you. Do you really want a dictatorship in this country ? Is any-one thinking of Brussel sprouts now ?.

If you do not like an individual persons tattoo then I would recommend you look the other way instead of degrading your country folk. IMO.

Smidge wrote: »
    Oh for the love of Jesus, your posts make my head hurt :(
    the love of Jesus.it's all good cake ! your head will not hurt ..eat the cake Xx lol

It would be wrong to control peoples freedom to get a tattoo of their choice, even if it is not eye-candy for you. Do you really want a dictatorship in this country ? Is any-one thinking of Brussel sprouts now ?.

If you do not like an individual persons tattoo then I would recommend you look the other way instead of degrading your country folk. IMO.

Yes - but whilst people have an idiotic freedom of some kind of freedom.

Do - I not have the same right to say - that is a bit thick ? - it can't be all the tattoo types world - should they not be tolerant of dislike ?

They need protection. You often see, even the "middle class" girls get trapped on their gap year to Auz. Come home with the stamp.

Drink involved obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Yes - but whilst people have an idiotic freedom of some kind of freedom.

Do - I not have the same right to say - that is a bit thick ? - it can't be all the tattoo types world - should they not be tolerant of dislike ?

They need protection. You often see, even the "middle class" girls get trapped on their gap year to Auz. Come home with the stamp.

Drink involved obviously.
    an idiotic freedom of some kind of freedom

I don't understand that above comment as it makes absolutely no sense.

You are of course entitled to your freedom of opinion indeed. But...

A tattoo is an implementation of colouring on the structure of the human body. This, as it is called, is art. A human being that looks lowly at another fellow human being - 'just because they have art-ink on their body' is not secure in the reality of this societies functioning, in regards to differentially. A bit of ink/paint on a person makes others angry/fearfull/hatred forwarded ?. Talk about judging a book by its cover, FIN ?.

Some folk think they are above all others in this Irish society, but in reality, they are just uneducated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Why 40 OP? Seems like a very strange age limit to be proposing? Any reputable studio will refuse to tattoo anyone under the age of 18 anyway and besides you can't really go about banning adults from doing something to to their own bodies that doesn't cause any harm to others.

And yes offending somebody's sense of style or taste isn't causing them harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I know a person who has lots of tattoos and likes them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Should be banned on any old hag after 50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Mary63 wrote: »
    No,tattoos are the identifying marks of people with low intelligence,if you see a tattoed person you know you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I have 7 tattoos and am doing a PhD. Imagine how much smarter I would be if I only had less :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

But - in the swimming pool at the 4 star hotel , I was shocked at the poor standard of body art ! , mostly on bodies of locals.

Was thinking - if there is such a great tradition with art in the city - why the body art was so poor ?

Anyway - is it time , like the Sun bed issue , we started controlling silly decisions of the youth ?

Isn't the beauty of art that it is objective?? One mans unmade bed is another woman's turner prize winner!! Who put you in charge of what art is good and what art is bad??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Mary63 wrote: »
    No,tattoos are the identifying marks of people with low intelligence,if you see a tattoed person you know you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Was the hotel in Tramore or Arklow.

So I'm thick now? That's nice to know,

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Looking down on tattoos is pretty weird when you consider they've been part of human cultures all around the world going back into history for thousands and thousands of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pod73

I am 41. Male. I am thinking strongly of getting my first tattoo. Going for my kids names on my back. My wife isn't too impressed and thinks its the mid life crisis starting! But in reality looking back I think its something I always wanted to do but never did. Some of the artists out there now are unbelievably talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Like in any life situation, there are muppets, and people who do it right.
    As I said, I am thinking few weeks now. At the same time I am actually doing research on it. Not just what design I want to put on, but stuff like where on body to put, advantages and disadvantages of particular body spot. Good and bad ideas for tattoos. The reasoning of tattoo I want to put and how it will effect my life ( employment ,relationships, general look). Recovery and aftercare.

Most people have reasons for tattoos and not just because it's cool and rad. But as I said, there will be always donkeys who will put on something idiotic by amature while being drunk. Then add on top idiots who put their girlfriends names or "only God can judge me"...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pod73

Can anybody recommend a font type for names that looks good? Everybody seems to be getting the script style these days. What you think of that style or Gothic or old english style?
    Thks.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Comic Sans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

pod73 wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend a font type for names that looks good? Everybody seems to be getting the script style these days. What you think of that style or Gothic or old english style?
    Thks.

I have two High German Style font tattoos. Look to Hieronymous Bosch's The Stone Operation - great font!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

If anything over 40's shpuld have the sense to say no to tatoos

• Advertisement

Like in any life situation, there are muppets, and people who do it right.
    As I said, I am thinking few weeks now. At the same time I am actually doing research on it. Not just what design I want to put on, but stuff like where on body to put, advantages and disadvantages of particular body spot. Good and bad ideas for tattoos. The reasoning of tattoo I want to put and how it will effect my life ( employment ,relationships, general look). Recovery and aftercare.

Most people have reasons for tattoos and not just because it's cool and rad. But as I said, there will be always donkeys who will put on something idiotic by amature while being drunk. Then add on top idiots who put their girlfriends names or "only God can judge me"...

Yes - but , if I was to look at my outlook on stuff ten years ago - they would be varying from different to similar to total opposite.

I just don't think you can (well you can - but not a great idea) to put something permanent on your body, because how you feel about things at certain stages are temporary.

For example as a kid I loved Blur - I've seen people with Love Hate tattoos.

Advertisement