Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Tattoos be banned till over 40

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 KORTON

tats are ok ! if they help folk,then good.i'm fine with that !

Yes , but that is not the point.

Your pulling an emotion card.

I'm still saying - even the abused :rolleyes: should not get them.

I'm saying ban them.
    ok ban them so if you really need to ....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

KORTON wrote: »
    tats are ok ! if they help folk,then good.i'm fine with that !

I think you are overplaying the help thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

Lets get one thing straight here, Cork is not a city, its a large town.

I think you are overplaying the help thing.
    you think ! oh look I am not overplaying anything here.sorry if I came across that way to you
    ok lets ban tats ! they upset me so much lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I know from personal experience that just because someone is over 40 does not mean they're going to have more sense when it comes to picking tattoos. I know probably dozens of people with tattoos, and I've only ever seen 2 good ones in person, people really don't take getting a tattoo as seriously as they should, and are far more concerned with price than quality. A friend of mine even got a tattoo at a party where someone brought along a tattoo machine, and it's a fairly big one too. No need to say, it looks awful. Hell, I even know someone who wants to be a tattoo artist, he went and purchased a tattoo machine on eBay, and no joke, without even a small bit of training, he decided to "practice" on himself. There should be some regulations for who can get a tattoo(only people over 18 at least, maybe even older, around 21 or so), and who is licensed to give a tattoo, and unless you're a licensed tattoo artist you should not be allowed purchase a tattoo machine, and getting a license should involve some kind of test.

yes and Ireland is not a country its a island ....yes to this mr
    Algorithm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭JasperGeorge.

I have two. They were important at the time to me. To be honest it doesn't matter that much if you see them everyday. I don't understand people who say they regret them. Aren't you used to them by now?

Mine are black which helps with fading and there is a slick line. I can cover the larger one and the smaller one is something people rarely notice.

KKkitty wrote: »
    OP you may not like to their tattoos but they do. I've got no tattoos myself but I wouldn't judge what other people have on their bodies.
    yes,
    one of my friends has a really crappy tat of the grim reaper on his chest.ok its kinda funny but the same guy ran into a burning bunch of flats on the way home from work to save 2 people and then just jumped back in the car and drove off.i don't care what kinda ****ty tat he has,.he's cool in my books

yes,
    one of my friends has a really crappy tat of the grim reaper on his chest.ok its kinda funny but the same guy ran into a burning bunch of flats on the way home from work to save 2 people and then just jumped back in the car and drove off.i don't care what kinda ****ty tat he has,.he's cool in my books

It's the crappy Tattoos people regret. To be honest people can get them removed. Part of the reason I got black is because it is the easiest colour to remove. Greens, Blues and Reds will prove more difficult. Or if the tattoo is layered and a lot of different work has gone on.

But the thing is I don't really think about them that much either way. It's a surface thing. If you get a large area tattoo that is something which those types of people are usually ready to commit to.

A ban on tattoos makes little sense. They don't affect anyone really but the person who gets one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Don't be a moron. Cork is a city as are Dublin and Limerick. It's places like Galway are debated about. Cork has always been known as a thriving city. Why do the dumb asses only emerge at night here.

yes,

This can happen. They definitely increased my street cred. If your job permits it you can even have visible ones.

It's the crappy Tattoos people regret. To be honest people can get them removed. Part of the reason I got black is because it is the easiest colour to remove. Greens, Blues and Reds will prove more difficult. Or if the tattoo is layered and a lot of different work has gone on.

But the thing is I don't really think about them that much either way. It's a surface thing. If you get a large area tattoo that is something which those types of people are usually ready to commit to.

A ban on tattoos makes little sense. They don't affect anyone really but the person who gets one.

"They don't affect anyone really but the person who gets one"
    I have a few scars.did'nt ask for them but they are there and if anything they suit me.one in the chest and one in the lower thigh and one lovely scar running from my bottom lip to my jaw line.there only skin deep.im flipped over a tractor trying to get it to do something that it could not do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

They should introduce a tattoo tax. Abandon the irish water malarkey.

"They don't affect anyone really but the person who gets one"
    I have a few scars.did'nt ask for them but they are there and if anything they suit me.one in the chest and one in the lower thigh and one lovely scar running from my bottom lip to my jaw line.there only skin deep.im flipped over a tractor trying to get it to do something that it could not do.

You didn't choose them and yet you have made peace with them. This is exactly the point I'm making.

So someone changes their mind over a tattoo? Meh no biggie I've never met anyone who hated them.

Anyone I have met who really disliked them had a total change of life and character. And it was more like they did not like the old life and the old character rather than the tattoo. It's just not them anymore.

They should introduce a tattoo tax. Abandon the irish water malarkey.
    tats, tv and chemtrials yeahh !

lol

You didn't choose them and yet you have made peace with them. This is exactly the point I'm making.

So someone changes their mind over a tattoo? Meh no biggie I've never met anyone who hated them.

Anyone I have met who really disliked them had a total change of life and character. And it was more like they did not like the old life and the old character rather than the tattoo. It's just not them anymore.
    a lot of folk are lost and don't know that their lost ....but the ones that find themselves lost
    will never need a map ....some folk need tats as a map

a lot of folk are lost and don't know that their lost ....but the ones that find themselves lost
    will never need a map ....some folk need tats as a map
    Beeeeautiful.
    Now there you go. First time anyone ever has made me think deeper about my tats. :-)

Beeeeautiful.
    Now there you go. First time anyone ever has made me think deeper about my tats. :-)
    lol
    here's one for ya

the blossom of rust on silage trailer marks time better than any sundial

I used that as a chat up line one night and after I explained it,well it worked out fine lol

lol
    here's one for ya

the blossom of rust on silage trailer marks time better than any sundial

I used that as a chat up line one night and after I explained it,well it worked out fine lol

That's a beaut! I wonder if I could come up with an urban version!

• Advertisement

That's a beaut! I wonder if I could come up with an urban version!
    if you do so then you could call it a wonder of the deep !
    it's like anything else really its all the same thing in some form or other lol

take the history of anything maybe some of it is just made up and some was not
    find the not made up stuff ....and one can piece together the next step ..no guess work needed....

if you do so then you could call it a wonder of the deep !
    it's like anything else really its all the same thing in some form or other lol

take the history of anything maybe some of it is just made up and some was not
    find the not made up stuff ....and one can piece together the next step ..no guess work needed....

The smell of the liffey drive me madder than any perfume. Sorry I am scraping a barrel here.

The smell of the liffey drive me madder than any perfume. Sorry I am scraping a barrel here.
    the swan less river of teardrops ..I listen to the blood swim through my heart and want to flatline..love holds no fear of dieing ....haa ha

aliens cant made pizza out of things as good as I can lol

the swan less river of teardrops ..I listen to the blood swim through my heart and want to flatline..love holds no fear of dieing ....haa ha

You need to find a wall to graffiti these on.

You need to find a wall to graffiti these on.

lol maybe I just have !

snowflakes are people too lol

aliens cant "made" pizza out of things as good as I can lol
    maybe I'm drunk lol or maybe its Maybelline..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I think all tattoos look fucking stupid, but if anyone wants them, that's their own decision...

Most people I know with them are working class, but they definitely seem to be becoming more popular.
    maybe I'm drunk lol or maybe its Maybelline..
    Its 3 o'clock, we're all drunk

• Advertisement

brummytom wrote: »
    I think all tattoos look fucking stupid, but if anyone wants them, that's their own decision...

Most people I know with them are working class, but they definitely seem to be becoming more popular.

Its 3 o'clock, we're all drunk
    makeup in a way is kinda like tats
    hitler liked tats and pirates too,they liked tats not hitler liked makeup on pirates
    the whole Apollo moon landings were based on strange tats and maps of the m50 that can be seen in the bible if one was to throw it out the window of a train and hit a goat with it

even pizza hut's logo is about hitting a goat with a bible ..

Advertisement