Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Tattoos be banned till over 40

Options
  • 07-11-2014 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭

Was in Cork City recently - a great city, with a great respect for culture and art.

But - in the swimming pool at the 4 star hotel , I was shocked at the poor standard of body art ! , mostly on bodies of locals.

Was thinking - if there is such a great tradition with art in the city - why the body art was so poor ?

Anyway - is it time , like the Sun bed issue , we started controlling silly decisions of the youth ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

4 star hotel well la di da.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

4 star hotel well la di da.

Yes that was a subtle hint - that is this a societal issue ?

Your clever you are :P;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

How do you know they were locals or got the tattoos as youths. Stupid post. Furthermore what's culture got to do with people's bodies.

eternal wrote: »
    How do you know they were locals or got the tattoos as youths. Stupid post.

Well they were under 40 - and cork city is one of the most distinctive accents in the country :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Try 5* the patrons have better tattoos trust me I'm a Boards.ie account

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

I'll defend every adults right to get tattoos, even if I personally think they look like ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Well they were under 40 - and cork city is one of the most distinctive accents in the country :confused:
    Did you id them?

So everyone in the pool was talking? A youth would be a 18/19 yo not a 39 year old. I'm sorry but you sound snobbish. I don't like tacky tattoos either but that's people's own choice. And if they work and can afford a hotel then they deserve the right to swim there.

So everyone in the pool was talking? A youth would be a 18/19 yo not a 39 year old. I'm sorry but you sound snobbish. I don't like tacky tattoos either but that's people's own choice. And if they work and can afford a hotel then they deserve the right to swim there.

No - there was a gym connected - River Lee hotel , so locals mixed with the hotel people.

Are people saying 5 star hotels have better tattoos ?

I'll defend every adults right to get tattoos, even if I personally think they look like ****.

But should "Young adults" be protected from themselves ?

• Advertisement

No - there was a gym connected - River Lee hotel , so locals mixed with the hotel people.

Are people saying 5 star hotels have better tattoos ?

You can have a swastika on your face and swim in Fota if you have the money.

I think tattoos have become more popular, like years ago only sailors or convicts had them. It's not class division anymore.Are you by any chance over 50?

You can have a swastika on your face and swim in Fota if you have the money.

Yes - but , I'm asking , are tattoos ultimately, the modern definition of class ?

Yes - sticking a person in a class is sick - but is that a truth behind the fake façade.

I agree , it is like the star of David branding.

I think tattoos have become more popular, like years ago only sailors or convicts had them. It's not class division anymore.Are you by any chance over 50?

Have you a tattoo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You have to laugh at someone going to Cork and judging others decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

OP you may not like to their tattoos but they do. I've got no tattoos myself but I wouldn't judge what other people have on their bodies.

I'm from Cork and there are a lot of knackers in this city. But tattoos are not defined as classless anymore as they are more mainstream and modernly stylish. Someone with ink is not seen as lower class whereas before they would have been.

Have you a tattoo ?
    No I don't and will never have one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 KORTON

Was in Cork City recently - a great city, with a great respect for culture and art.

But - in the swimming pool at the 4 star hotel , I was shocked at the poor standard of body art ! , mostly on bodies of locals.

Was thinking - if there is such a great tradition with art in the city - why the body art was so poor ?

Anyway - is it time , like the Sun bed issue , we started controlling silly decisions of the youth ?

oh folk do what they want....if they can find comfort in it then why not ?
    I don't have any and plan to keep it that way
    a lot of sexual victims got them.its a known fact and if it helps them well cool I say

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You have to laugh at someone going to Cork and judging others decisions.

look - I like to go places and get in at the deep end of the pool at a 4 star hotel and mix with the locals.

But - I just felt the locals , seemed to be a little misguided ,

Like they seen Roy Keane - against Holland , and that made it ok :eek:

No - s**t -- is s**t,

• Advertisement

KORTON wrote: »
    a lot of sexual victims got them.its a known fact and if it helps them well cool I say

Well - there you go , I didn't know that.

How is that a known fact? A lot of people get tattoos with their kids name or family member who died.

How is that a known fact? A lot of people get tattoos with their kids name or family member who died.

Was that known - as I didn't know that.

Was that known - as I didn't know that.

If it was a 'known fact' then we wouldn't be asking if people knew cos we would already know therefore it is not known.

If it was a 'known fact' then we wouldn't be asking if people knew cos we would already know therefore it is not known.

Well - I know many people put this (S£$T) on their bodies as it has a deep meaning to them.

yes and that is fine too nothing wrong with that I guess

"How is that a known fact "
    well just like A lot of people get tattoos with their kids name or family member who died.

yes and that is fine too nothing wrong with that I guess

"How is that a known fact "
    well just like A lot of people get tattoos with their kids name or family member who died.

But - don't think we should pick an exception to make the law - Im saying 99 % of it is ****.

Well - there you go , I didn't know that.
    well there you go,now you do !

But - don't think we should pick an exception to make the law - Im saying 99 % of it is ****.
    what law ? ?

• Advertisement

well there you go,now you do !

Yes , but that is not the point.

Your pulling an emotion card.

I'm still saying - even the abused :rolleyes: should not get them.

I'm saying ban them.

Advertisement