Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

protestors sitting on o connell bridge.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

and we would, if they were. So when they do attack peaceful protestors, we'll ask.

You should be aprt of the peaceful protest in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Scannal wrote: »
    Well in your case you will be given more than 250 per month but your career will pay less.

Why I have worked hard, and do an extreme amount of hours (about 100 per week right now) in college to get the job I want. Say if there was no point in getting qualified, because there would be no benefit in getting a job with more requirements vs manual labour who will do all the jobs where we need qualified people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

There's a Johnny Cash song in this thread somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

GarIT wrote: »
    I thought that is what was already happening. Are you suggesting 'the rich' having to give away 61% of everything they earn isn't enough of their riches?

If the protesters spent as much time contributing as they do whinging, they'd be 'the rich' too. It doesn't take much. Get a job. Engage. Turn up every day. Etc.

Don't blame you. Badly edited fiction bores me too.

You watched Enda Kenny's address to the nation too did you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

This thread is hurting my head :(

endacl wrote: »
    If the protesters spent as much time contributing as they do whinging, they'd be 'the rich' too. It doesn't take much. Get a job. Engage. Turn up every day. Etc.

I heard an interview with a guy who had attended 20 all day protests regarding the water charge. I was thinking if he reduced his protest attendance by 25% and worked for those 5 days he could pay his water bill.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    So the protestors are surprised, every single time?

They really need to start seeing patterns here, all those shocks and surprises can't be good for their hearts.

And you need to start coming up with better arguments :D

The Gardaí are good at disguising themselves, they dress up as thin people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Generalise much? Then their objectors here were born with silver spoons in their mouths posting on boards in the luxury of Daddy's mansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,474 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    This thread is hurting my head :(

When the revoltin peasants revolt you and your rich ilk won't have time for headaches you will be too busy working the salt mines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

Your money will be taken but you will be let live.
    http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3u8enb

I thought that is what was already happening. Are you suggesting 'the rich' having to give away 61% of everything they earn isn't enough of their riches?

I thought you weren't rich? What gives?

Why I have worked hard, and do an extreme amount of hours (about 100 per week right now) in college to get the job I want. Say if there was no point in getting qualified, because there would be no benefit in getting a job with more requirements vs manual labour who will do all the jobs where we need qualified people?

You'll get paid fairly, as will everybody else.

moxin wrote: »
    Generalise much? Then their objectors here were born with silver spoons in their mouths posting on boards in the luxury of Daddy's mansion.

Not at all. I didn't see a spoon at all till I was 10*. I worked bloody hard to be where I am. Rentahippy whingalongs would consider me 'the rich'. I've been accused of this before. :) In reality, I'm pretty average.

I'm just glad the only real power those gobshytes have is to start threads on here disparaging them. And I'm glad they do. The net result is that nobody takes them in the least bit seriously.

*may be a slight exaggeration.

I thought you weren't rich? What gives?

I'm not rich yet, I just understand economics.
    You'll get paid fairly, as will everybody else.

Oh I'll get paid fairly? So I've spent more time in college than the average person so I think being fair I should earn a little more than the average person. So what changes?

Also I assume that people that put no effort in, don't go to college and work a basic job will earn minimum wage or just above as they do, so what changes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

I'm not really sweet.

nerd-homero-universitario.jpg

I'm not rich yet, I just understand economics.

Oh I'll get paid fairly? So I've spent more time in college than the average person so I think being fair I should earn a little more than the average person. So what changes?

Also I assume that people that put no effort in, don't go to college and work a basic job will earn minimum wage or just above as they do, so what changes?

You understand pigs lining up for the through.

You may earn a little more than some others.
    There'll be no elitism when the change a happens.

There'll be no elitism when the change a happens.

True. We'll each have an equal share of nothing.

:rolleyes:

True. We'll each have an equal share of nothing.

:rolleyes:

Wrong. An equal share of everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You understand pigs lining up for the through.

The through what? Through road? Through to next week?

• Advertisement

Who's going to design this 'everything'? Build it? Distribute it? What's in it for them? Where there's no reward there's no incentive.

Is your name Kim or Josef by any chance?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The through what? Through road? Through to next week?

The through meaning of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,030 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

or Snowball or Napoleon?

Who's going to design this 'everything'? Build it? Distribute it? What's in it for them? Where there's no reward there's no incentive.

Your brain has been trained to think with greed as the priority. It needs to be retrained.

Jeebus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I think you've been fed too much at this stage, you're not even making an effort any more, just rambling at this stage.

Jeebus.

No more food for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

OK Scannal, you're trolling or acting a d1ck, either way, give it a rest or don't post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I hate these people. As if they people they're protesting against get the number 11 bus home.

About a year ago there was a similar Eirigi protest and, even though I had ample cash to get a second bus after we had to abandon our first one, I spent 45 minutes getting my €2.35 back from one of the protesters.

God I despise the nutters within the far left.

Advertisement