Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish water just tip of the iceberg....

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Joshua J wrote: »
    They hate you for bringing this to their attention and making them contemplate what they already suspect.

Or else they copped it years ago and moved their position accordingly.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

They hate you for bringing this to their attention and making them contemplate what they already suspect.

This is on par with alien crashes, 9-11 inside jobbers and chem trails and i'm surprised it hasn't been moved to the relevant forum already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

This is on par with alien crashes, 9-11 inside jobbers and chem trails and i'm surprised it hasn't been moved to the relevant forum already.

Now all you need is a few thanks for this post and you can be safe in the knowledge you're not alone.

Now all you need is a few thanks for this post and you can be safe in the knowledge you're not alone.

Don't need thanks to know you and op are in the tiny minority of people who believe these conspiracies.

Don't need thanks to know you and op are in the tiny minority of people who believe these conspiracies.

There are two Mormon girls over here from Texas I think and they go about our town trying to convert people. They stopped me one day and we got chatting. Very nice people but I don't believe what they believe. I had no need to ridicule them. Their beliefs hold no fear for me.

• Advertisement

There are two Mormon girls over here from Texas I think and they go about our town trying to convert people. They stopped me one day and we got chatting. Very nice people but I don't believe what they believe. I had no need to ridicule them. Their beliefs hold no fear for me.

I have no fear of ops beliefs neither do i believe in any god ghosts or ghoulies. All i'm saying is that there is a relevant forum for these threads to reside in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Drumpot wrote: »
    It's an United nations report. How is that a conspiracy?

I know it's asking people a lot to actually research a report that will shape how Ireland will be run and that we have already signed up to, but there you go.

It's funny because the more I read up about it the more frightening it actually is. What's even more frightening is how oblivious people are to how it's already being implemented.

As I said, you need only Google United Nations and agenda 21.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agenda_21

A conspiracy is something that's formulated in secret. Anybody with Google can find this Official UN document online.

Just goes to show the truth about the the old one "the best place to hide something is in plain sight".

Ireland signed up and for some reason (even though it is totally oppised to to most traditional values) seem to be hell bent on leading the way in implementing it.
    As long as its called sustainable development you can get away with just about anything.

First it was light bulbs - Not Sustainable as was

Now its water - Not Sustainable as is

But worth remembering, UN/Agenda 21 is clear about

Individual rights - Not Sustainable

Individual ownership of Property - Not Sustainable

Democrats against UN Agenda 21 summed it up pretty well I thought.
    In a nutshell, the plan calls for governments to take control of all land use and not leave any of the decision making in the hands of private property owners. It is assumed that people are not good stewards of their land and the government will do a better job if they are in control. Individual rights in general are to give way to the needs of communities as determined by the governing body. Moreover, people should be rounded up off the land and packed into human settlements, or islands of human habitation, close to employment centers and transportation.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

I have no fear of ops beliefs neither do i believe in any god ghosts or ghoulies. All i'm saying is that there is a relevant forum for these threads to reside in.

Pretty sure the OP proved this is fact not fiction. But if you're just a member of the forum police and your ONLY care is that it's in the wrong forum then you may be disappointed. But that's a lie though isn't it. Be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I've no problem believing that there is gombeen pseudo politicans in the UN. I've no problem believing that they are capable of brain farts on an international scale.

I've no problem believing that governments will implement these brainfarts in the hope of investment/increasing tax intake. Plenty of examples of this.

I've no problem believing that the majority of people are indifferent to these things happening or sneer at people who bang their drum about problems like this. I see enough of it with the fiasco over irish water to know that smart people can be extremely stupid because ignorance is bliss or in some cases the attitude is that it doesn't affect me, they ignorantly think, I hope those protesting the problem, whatever it may be, get screwed

Pretty sure the OP proved this is fact not fiction. But if you're just a member of the forum police and your ONLY care is that it's in the wrong forum then you may be disappointed. But that's a lie though isn't it. Be honest.

Op has proven that something that is in the public domain is something that most people don't care about, that's all.

• Advertisement

Op has proven that something that is in the public domain is something that most people don't care about, that's all.

So people don't care about it yet you're spamming this thread and posters are ridiculing the OP. Then you say it belongs in conspiracy theories even though you then say it's in the public domain. You're all over the place lad. It's what happens when you try to conceal/lie about what you're truly thinking.

So people don't care about it yet you're spamming this thread and posters are ridiculing the OP. Then you say it belongs in conspiracy theories even though you then say it's in the public domain. You're all over the place lad. It's what happens when you try to conceal/lie about what you're truly thinking.

Not spamming any thread, just pointing out that what he is making of this is nothing but a conspiracy theory. The 9-11 attacks are in the public domain but the "truthers" threads belong in the CT forum. So does this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Not spamming any thread, just pointing out that what he is making of this is nothing but a conspiracy theory. The 9-11 attacks are in the public domain but the "truthers" threads belong in the CT forum. So does this.

No, it's a stated agenda...called Agenda 21. You're just being a contrary for the sake of it Timbo. Also, Governments are well capable of acting against their own peoples best interests to further their own interests. History is littered with the corpses to prove this. If you consider that "a conspiracy Theory" too, have a look at a book with "History of the 20th century.." somewhere in its title. Almost any one at all will do.

No, it's a stated agenda...called Agenda 21. You're just being a contrary for the sake of it Timbo. Also, Governments are well capable of acting against their own peoples best interests to further their own interests. History is littered with the corpses to prove this. If you consider that "a conspiracy Theory" too, have a look at a book with "History of the 20th century.." somewhere in its title. Almost any one at all will do.

It's an agenda, No one is disputing this agenda exists, It's the fact op has taken this and run with it and come up with all sorts of crazy Hypotheses that makes it a conspiracy theory.

It's an agenda, No one is disputing this agenda exists, It's the fact op has taken this and run with it and come up with all sorts of crazy Hypotheses that makes it a conspiracy theory.

So, you agree it is an actual agenda? Neatly written down in minute detail. Good stuff. Taking that, and the fact if someone states an "agenda", then that's generally a fair indication of actual future intent, which bit is he "running with"? Hogan bulled through the Agenda on Water, and was rewarded with a plum job in Europe. That's one blatant example - "following the Agenda".. which bits are "conspiracy theories"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Where's all the boards Irish Water apologists gone ?

Where's all the boards Irish Water apologists gone ?

Out the back with the Nama Fanboys and the Banking bailout is great crowd. There's a covered area.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Yeh, I am not sure the bolded bit is remotely true in anyway. I don't know anybody who actually knows or understands anything about Agenda 21 and you are being very generous suggesting that most of the posters in this thread knew anything about it. .

I'm begining to doubt your reading comprehension skills now.
    I specifically said that I cannot speak for any other poster in this thread, but that I remember hearing about the conference in the news.
    And you take that to imply that I suggest most other posters do as well?
    I suppose the least the government could do is impress upon everybody how important this document is. You need only look at how they communicate during a referendum to see how they can get a message across to the people when they are motivated to do so.

How much have you heard about the Lisbon treaty since it's been ratified?
    And that only entered into force in 2009, 5 years ago.

You are talking about a conference and agreement that's been in place for over 20 years.
    You are indeed correct that we don't need to know about every little thing that our government does or agrees with the EU, UN or whoever, but this document isn't just a plant more trees and we will all be grand document.

Its about our way of life. It is a roadmap of how we will be governed and how humanity will be guided in the 21st century.

Are we talking about the Agenda 21 now or the European Convention of Human Rights?
    Because the above is true for both, and people in the street know next to nothing about either of them.
    I will ask you again, don't you think its strange that the majority of people know nothing about the agreed global roadmap that's been set out for humanity ? Not even a little bit strange ? We learn and are educated in Irish in school for a decade, we learn historical information so we know how lucky we are and how proud we should be about our heritage . . Yet we get no education or information to help us understand the direction that our country will be taking in the 21st century ? Put a couple of snippets here and there is more then enough ?

More people in Ireland probably know the first names of Jedward then the global plans of our species that are effecting us all daily and will change our lives . .

People know either what they want to know, what they are interested in knowing or what they are forced to know. People are interested in the Irish Water debacle not because its interesting but because its an issue that's on front of them daily, that they hear about daily and is directly effecting them now.

People simply don't understand the potential ramifications of this document and nobody has really made any effort to try and explain any potential downside to it (every plan has knock on effects to people). .

No, I am not the least bit surprised.

When the Lisbon treaty was rejected in the first referendum, based on issues that were not even mentioned in the actual treaty, I was still a little surprised at how gullible the general electorate actually is.
    When the treaty was changed, and the changed version was put up in the next referendum, I heard so many people claim that they will be "made to vote until they vote the way the government wants" that I actually lost all illusions about how informed people are about national politics.
    The fact that people don't give a fiddler's about a decades old international voluntary agreement doesn't strike me as peculiar in any way at all.

So, you agree it is an actual agenda? Neatly written down in minute detail. Good stuff. Taking that, and the fact if someone states an "agenda", then that's generally a fair indication of actual future intent, which bit is he "running with"? Hogan bulled through the Agenda on Water, and was rewarded with a plum job in Europe. That's one blatant example - "following the Agenda".. which bits are "conspiracy theories"?

From the op (Did you even read it or just jump in at the last page?):rolleyes:
    End game is where people are in essence limited to living in small areas of land, not allowed to own land privately, limited and controlled education, changing of family values (community before family). It goes as far as to even talk about getting rid of mother and father and replacing them with parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Actually sums up the response of most people to this information . .

I find it fascinating how intimidated people are by this thread, reverting to insults and "witty" humour to hide their inability to objectively discuss the actual ramifications of an agenda that is actively being implemented in Ireland . .

You're lying about the 'implications of this policy. All the CT websites say that Agenda 21 plans to abolish private property and the family unit. It's total and utter nonsense, paranoid drivvel that has nothing at all to do with reaity.

But even if that was their plan all along. Do you honestly think that the ordinary people wouldn't notice that owning property was suddenly illegal, or that they could no longer operate in a nuclear family unit?

It's a load of utter bollox

Agenda 21 is a high level strategy for how governments should meet the challenges of a world with environmental degredation and a population approaching 9 billion by 2050

Urban planning is a major component of this. Planning cities to have high density and access to good quality public transport is obviously a better idea than no planning at all which we have seen results in urban sprawl, pollution, gridlock, poor public transport, poor quality public space, poor quality housing, insufficient access to essential services like schools, healthcare, policing, recreation etc etc etc

Agenda 21 was about putting together a framework by which local planning authorities can benchmark their own area development plans to see if they meet with the international best practise. It's non binding but it's a useful tool for planners to set out guidelines for responsible development

Regarding the allegations that the state will take our children, that's just nutjobbery of the looniest kind. It seems to have 'inferred' from a paranoid interpretation of the section on young people that says all states should try and ensure that all young people have access to education and to ensure that young people of both genders are politically and economically engaged and that children are protected from domestic abuse and from economic slavery as much as possible

http://www.unep.org/Documents.multilingual/Default.asp?DocumentID=52&ArticleID=73&l=en

The right wing conservatives in the U.S. probably hate this because they think state sponsored education is indoctrination (while religiously dominated 'home schooling' is perfectly fine) and they also think it's every parents right to 'disipline' their child by physical means in line with a conservative version of christianity.
    'He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes' is just one of many passages that mandates parents to beat their children. Modern enlightened parenting practises recognise that physical abuse of children is counter productive and there are much better ways to educate children on right and wrong that do not involve abusing them physically or mentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Jesus

The word 'agenda' does not automatically imply conspiracy. Every formal meeting has an agenda. The agenda is the structure of the meeting. Agenda 21 is an outline for a sustainable world.

The real conspiracy here is from right wing fruitcakes trying to undermine attempts by the sane people in the world to plan for the future.

It's denialism taken to extreme levels of idiocy. Any attempt to collectively plan for the future is automatically a conspiracy for a 'one world government'

Advertisement