Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with members of Travelling Community

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Go to a reputable self-defence/kickboxing/martial-arts class or such, speak to the people there about it (who will tend to have an idea of what they're talking about from past experience), and if it's something you need to be worried about long/medium term, then might as well do training there - in the process, can get to know/befriend people there, and if there are issues with this guy in the future, you may have people to back you up (i.e. just by being able to show you have the support).

Gives you something practical to do about it, a good place to seek future advice, possible support if you have trouble, and of course, the benefits of increased fitness and learning how to defend yourself (which can help restore any shaken confidence as well etc..).

Will there be a montage before he finally confronts them?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Will there be a montage before he finally confronts them?

Something like....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭enricoh

they're probably on the piss right now battering the sh.ite out of each other or some poor barman.
    intimidation is there first negotiating tactic, dont blink n they'll move on to the next victim

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

bear1 wrote: »
    OP, no offence but something doesn't sound right with this.
    You were showing a room (I'm going to assume you are renting a room?) or are you working in an estate agency?
    Once you've answered that then clarify this, the person walked into either your house or place of work and said he wants that particular room that these 2 women were looking at if they refuse it.
    You said that no one will get the room if they refuse it as there will obviously be something wrong with it - this in itself makes no sense. The women could merely not like the room.
    Once you said this the person kicked off and threatened to hammer you to death which I will also assume was witnessed by other people.
    Yet you refuse to go to police about it??
    Sounds like a load of ****e to me.

Could be a B&B with the whole family in town and all for a funeral. It'd be a bit silly to expect the OP should have to furnish us with every little detail of the incident that would make her personally identifiable.

It's also not beyond the bounds of possibility that they were one of those "I know my rights" types that are just a pain in the face to deal with and will threaten all sorts, playing up to their stereotype reputation.

Many times I've been threatened, it's only taught me that they can't keep their word either, but no surprise there really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

This came to mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Could be a B&B with the whole family in town and all for a funeral. It'd be a bit silly to expect the OP should have to furnish us with every little detail of the incident that would make her personally identifiable.

It's also not beyond the bounds of possibility that they were one of those "I know my rights" types that are just a pain in the face to deal with and will threaten all sorts, playing up to their stereotype reputation.

Many times I've been threatened, it's only taught me that they can't keep their word either, but no surprise there really.

I asked one question which in my mind wasn't clear from the outset.
    The OPs story has too many question marks for me.
    If I was at all threatened with being killed and I knew the person then I'd be marching straight into the Guards to register a complaint. The fact the OP even has witnesses to this helps her case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Remind me to never come to you lot for help.

Never come to After Hours for help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Gimmie a few minutes folks

EDIT: After some discussion we've decided to leave the thread locked

How could anyone here know if that specific person will act on a threat or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement