Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with members of Travelling Community

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

^ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Shcattar out of there and call mammy or just ignore it but watch your back out on the streets around where it happened, it really is no joke, sounds like I'm taking the piss out of you in the first thing I said but do just be careful for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

jimboblep wrote: »
    go buy yourself a headstone

From yer man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Give him a dog, they love dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

What did you do? Insult his pony, look longingly at his 13yo girlfriend, offer him a job?....we need more details man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Caprica6

Give him a dog, they love dogs
    Dag!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

He'll bury you in Tarmac!

But your body will be discovered in a week or so when it starts to fall apart and crack if that's any condolence.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

Caprica6 wrote: »
    Any person can hurt another does not not mean just because someone is a traveler they will, you get your good with your bad everywhere

Believe me, there's a disproportionate amount of bad in that particular community

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

What did you do to him to give him no option but to threaten you?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Tell him you are a respected moderator on boards.ie and he will back down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Just give him one of these - AN ARMALITE RIFFLE TO THE HEAD.

Or if that doesn't work talk the person, you might find out you have more in common that you taught, invite to your house for a cup tea during a football, try bonding with him, talk about stuff like sex, sport, boxing (try asking him for a friendly fight) fast cars, politics - ask him who he'll think will form the next Gov. Anyway you get my drift.

He's probably just a misguided soul, help put him on the right path. - Your life depends on it "chilly piano music" Din DIn Dinnnn "chilly piano music".

What's a riffle? Is it like a rattle? Can't see that helping.

Tell him you are a respected moderator on boards.ie and he will back down

Lend him your phone to check

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

You call the Gardai
    The Gardai go to his house/caravan and talk about what you said etc.
    The traveller is now even more angry for you going to Gardai and (possibly) getting him into trouble (deservedly)
    Traveller seeks revenge when in the first place he probably would have done nothing.

It would help if you said why he threatened you though. Maybe what you did really did deserve the verbal abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Tell him you are a respected moderator on boards.ie

When did mods start getting respect? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Pity your online powers didn't come into any use in the real world where you could smack him with the ban hammer.

Pity your online powers didn't come into any use in the real world where you could smack him with the ban hammer.

In the real world, mods use real hammers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

mikemac1 wrote: »
    When did mods start getting respect? :pac:

Mods getting respect AND starting traveller threads?

I've seen it all now!

I would say he will do nothing unless he has 6 brothers with him.He may be drunk after the funeral and will forget what happened.

Best move out of Kerry anyhow just in case.A telescopic baton in the work place may be handy and never driving the same route or sleeping in the same bed 2 nights in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

He may be drunk after the funeral and will forget what happened.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

R.I.P Original poster

• Advertisement

OP, remove your license plates, park up near the pub where the funeral is, wait for the cooont to come out, and then mow him down, and slip away, during the ensuing chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

jimboblep wrote: »
    go buy yourself a headstone

No buy the other guy one and get delivered to the site they are on. Now that would be class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

God I hate travellers like that. Are you physically fit op? If so, there's nothing to worry about, most of them only appear intimidating because of their pitbullesque look/ridiculous hair cuts but other than that they're usually fat or out of shape. Still probably best to not purposely escalate things since there are apparently lots of them currently in the area and y'know how scumbags act in groups, mob mentality hits hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

I can give you Joe Duffy's mobile nr ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Just accept your fate and pray that it will be quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Maybe the mod started the thread just to use his ban-hammer??????!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

That's trippy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

It's a shame this thread will probably be deleted as it really does highlight just one of the many many problems that exist within the travelling community.

Ring Pavee point and ask for help mediating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Go to a reputable self-defence/kickboxing/martial-arts class or such, speak to the people there about it (who will tend to have an idea of what they're talking about from past experience), and if it's something you need to be worried about long/medium term, then might as well do training there - in the process, can get to know/befriend people there, and if there are issues with this guy in the future, you may have people to back you up (i.e. just by being able to show you have the support).

Gives you something practical to do about it, a good place to seek future advice, possible support if you have trouble, and of course, the benefits of increased fitness and learning how to defend yourself (which can help restore any shaken confidence as well etc..).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

kerry4sam wrote: »
    If anyone has had any dealings, negative dealings with member of the travelling community, could they please tell me: Do they carry out their threats?

At work this evening (they're in town for a family funeral) I was called everything under the sun; but he also said "he'd every right to jump in over the counter and kick and hammer me to death" & to watch my back!

Now, I know this fcker to see, and I'd believe he would also know me to see around after work.

What're the freaking chances of this fcker fulfilling his threat above?
    & No! Going to a member of our Irish Police Force is NOT an option!

Shaking right now to say least,
    Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam

Was it the usuall I can have stuff for free or try walking out with loads of stuff or you wouldn't serve drink etc...

Hope you don't actually worry about sh1t like him as they are a drain on our society.

They don't like been stood up to as have had many a run in with that sort myself and they are something else at talking sh1te.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement