Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with members of Travelling Community

Options
  • 04-11-2014 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

If anyone has had any dealings, negative dealings with member of the travelling community, could they please tell me: Do they carry out their threats?

At work this evening (they're in town for a family funeral) I was called everything under the sun; but he also said "he'd every right to jump in over the counter and kick and hammer me to death" & to watch my back!

Now, I know this fcker to see, and I'd believe he would also know me to see around after work.

What're the freaking chances of this fcker fulfilling his threat above?
    & No! Going to a member of our Irish Police Force is NOT an option!

Shaking right now to say least,
    Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam

Comments

You're as good as dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

They're a great bunch of lads

I hear you're a racist now kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Out of idle curiosity, why were you threatened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Where is your boss in all this? If you refused service let him deal with it instead of being away in the office or golf course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Caprica6

Why did he say those things? Misunderstanding or Miscommunication?
    Any person can hurt another does not not mean just because someone is a traveler they will, you get your good with your bad everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Caprica6

Why did he say those things? Misunderstanding or Miscommunication?
    Any person can hurt another does not not mean just because someone is a traveler they will, you get your good with your bad everywhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

kerry4sam wrote: »
    No! Going to a member of our Irish Police Force is NOT an option!

Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

they're in town for a family funeral
    You know how towns have a weird tendency to just close down when there's a traveller's wedding/funeral on? There's a reason for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

You know how towns have a weird tendency to just close down when there's a traveller's wedding/funeral on? There's a reason for that!

Yep Longford main street was renowned for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

If anyone has had any dealings, negative dealings with member of the travelling community, could they please tell me: Do they carry out their threats?

At work this evening (they're in town for a family funeral) I was called everything under the sun; but he also said "he'd every right to jump in over the counter and kick and hammer me to death" & to watch my back!

Now, I know this fcker to see, and I'd believe he would also know me to see around after work.

Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam

I'd go the guards. There's thousands around the town for that funeral tonight. With lots of alcohol thrown in things are going to get messy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Umm ... Pardon me for stating the obvious, but why the fook would you not go to the gardai about this? You were just threatened to be murdered ... like WTF? Your first port of call should be the local cop shop, not boards.ie ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Round up the boys and go round to his before he comes round to yours..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'd make a youtube video calling him out

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

If you're that shaken up and worried about it then put whatever issues you have with Gardai aside and call them.

Chances are that they were just idle threats, but you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Whatever you do, don't get a junkie to carry out the hit on him, they have notoriously bad aim..

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Call Nidge , as far as I'm aware he's dealing with a situation not too dissimilar to yours. He may be able to offer you advice in such matters..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

This is why we need gun ownership

EDIT:Disagree? At least provide a counter-argument

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This is why we need gun ownership

No, it's not

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

What did you do to him OP?You could have had a bare knuckle fight and shook hands and it would be all over now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

lol, don't call the guards. They will do nothing but make the situation worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I don't know much about Cork IT, or Tralee - I could probably wing it on the Gift thingy though.

Look I'll be honest there are better people around to fill the Mod vacancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Have the usual posters swooped in and called the OP a racist yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Get your retaliation in first,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Dead man!
    We got a dead man walking here!
    Dead man walking!
    We got a dead man walking here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

No, it's not
    I messed up and didn't really want to turn this into another discussion entirely but if thugs knew that citizens may be carrying guns, do you think such threats would be common?

And that's not mentioning the fact that his life was threatened, and he may be attacked. If he had a gun, he may be able to defend himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Thanks in advance,
    kerry4sam

Did he say anything about buckets?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

just tuck your balls between your legs, cry yourself to sleep and endure years of unease at the thought that this guy is going to assault you. but what ever you do, don't stop paying your taxes as this guy needs his dole and he can't live on good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭billyhead

Don't worry about it OP. Its all small talk. They will try to intimidate you. I have been threatened more then once with my life by travellers and it never comes to anything. I was also told I would be followed home blah blah blah and that never happened. Don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭jimboblep

go buy yourself a headstone

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Just give him one of these - AN ARMALITE RIFFLE TO THE HEAD.

Or if that doesn't work talk the person, you might find out you have more in common that you taught, invite to your house for a cup tea during a football, try bonding with him, talk about stuff like sex, sport, boxing (try asking him for a friendly fight) fast cars, politics - ask him who he'll think will form the next Gov. Anyway you get my drift.

He's probably just a misguided soul, help put him on the right path. - Your life depends on it "chilly piano music" Din DIn Dinnnn "chilly piano music".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement