Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats smell do you hate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Gandalph wrote: »
    Tequila, makes me gag.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

The smell of a crusty (rollie fags, turf fires, weed and mushrooms).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

How have knackers not been mentioned?
    Was standing near one in a petrol station one day, he was stinking. I'd say he hadn't washed or changed his clothes for a month. He then went out and got in a brand new Passat.

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

Patchouli.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    The stench of hot cheap burnt dirty cooking fat clinging to people's clothes skin and hair. It's like agrimy layer of misery failure disappointment that actually has an odour.

Came in to post this. Made even worse buy folk who leave coats hanging in the kitchen, then throw it on when they're leaving the house. Stale cooking smell in the fabric, absolutely rank.

Also there's someone at work, who absolutely destroy the jacks on numerous occassions, think we've narrowed it down to 2 fellas.
    This is not your normal bog standard (heheheh) but I think something must generally be wrong with him. Numerous people have gagged and walked straight back out again. Horrific.
    I'd consider myself as having a strong stomach but it caught me bad last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

osarusan wrote: »
    Ended up staying with friends and not coming home for two days.

When I eventually got home I found that the cat had ripped open the bag, eaten some of the shrimp and dragged the rest of it round the apartment.

The cat was punishing you for leaving it alone without its slave for so long.

The worst I've smelt was a Christmas turkey that had been put back into the oven after dinner and forgotten about. The oven sealed in the freshness until it was opened again.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Egg mayonnaise
    Ashes from the fire
    The smell from the "brown bin" recycling lorry when you pass it
    Stagnant water
    Dirty hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

DeadHand wrote: »
    Napalm in the morning.

Wrong thread.

"What smell do you love" is that way
    >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

The stench of LIES!!!!!!

'The poet and the dreamer are distinct,
    'Diverse, sheer opposite, antipodes.
    'The one pours out a balm upon the world,
    'The other vexes it.'

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Miseryguts

Earwax?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 mopey

ketchup
    chip pan on clothes
    stale smoke/stale ashtray
    stale beer like when your walking and then assaulted by a vinegary smell cause someone spilt their cider or w/e

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭md23040

MJ23 wrote: »
    Was standing near one in a petrol station one day, he was stinking. I'd say he hadn't washed or changed his clothes for a month.

Vividly remember an alcoholic tramp came into the hospital during a hot summers day when working many moons ago as a porter in a London hospital - the smell from him was like a festering silo pit but what was worse was when the nurses discovered that his skin had partially grown over his socks and had to be removed very carefully with a surgical knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

md23040 wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic but remember an alcoholic tramp came into the hospital during a hot summers day when working many moons ago as a porter in a London hospital - the smell from him was like a festering silo pit but what was worse was when the nurses discovered that his skin had partially grown over his socks and had to be removed very carefully with a surgical knife.

Ah Jaysus, why did I have to read this:eek::(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Cigarette smoke. There's just no masking it, no matter how many fresh mints or aftershave/perfume a person uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Garlic in a crowded lift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Liver
    Blue cheese
    Slurry
    Vomit
    BO
    Stale urine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Stale urine

It's fresh or GTFO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DuMorph

Dog farts, specifically those of our own young devil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Cow ****e. Went to a farm on a school trip and I literally threw up.

Cow sh*te is graaaannnndddd, it's pig sh*te that would knock you out. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Tripe, how can anyone eat that stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Crabs, the guys that live in the sea not the other ones.

We store them in the place I work in and I'm amazed anyone eats them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Belly button cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Farting Turkeys

People with fart breath. You know the ones, it's like they've been using dog shít for toothpaste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Leg ulcers. I can't manage dressing leg ulcers. They're easily the worst smell I've ever smelt. And I'm nursing 8 years and farming since I was a child.

The smell literally stays with you so that you feel you can nearly taste it for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Garlic

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sambuka and Brandy. I can't even smell them, I don't Even talk about drinking it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sambuka and Brandy. I can't even smell them, I don't Even talk about drinking it!

I loooove Sambuka and Brandy :) And gin, which many people hate the smell of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Coffee can,t stand the smell of that stuff how anyone drinks it Ill never know,pigs in a pig lorry and mushroom smells. I like my pork , sausages,bacon and all the rest just don,t like the smell from them lorrys everytime one goes by stuffed to the hilt with pigs poor feckers they don,t know whats gona happen to them.
    Cigarette smoke and puke is horrible too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dee_mc wrote: »
    I loooove Sambuka and Brandy :) And gin, which many people hate the smell of :)

When I was 18 I got for the first time completely drunk off my tits. I drank brandy, I can barely smell brandy, I get gagging reflex.
    As mor sambuka, I just can't get over the smell point blank. I can't remember the name of stuff it made off. It just messes me up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

Knob Cheeeze

Advertisement