Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats smell do you hate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

An unwashed arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Garlic - I hate the stuff. Won't have it in the house but if I'm served food with it in it I'll eat it to be polite. Normally, if someone is cooking with it I'll know within a few seconds.....my eyes will be streaming and nose blocked solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭teddy_303

pig slurry...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Teen Spirit, and all that smells like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Burnt toast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Fish and the smell of the sea (After a few days)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Rats ... The smell is truly vile

Bananas. I absolutely hate them. Its really strange, they even make me gag. People often eat them around me and there's nothing I can say. I make excuses to get away if its appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

Liver and mushy peas!! Smell rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 12 portarlington speakers

The smell from fast food outlets you get as you walk down the street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Cat P;ss and Peanuts.

Which is also the working title of a TV detective series I'm currently developing.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

The smell of liver cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

seafood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Pumpkin - was reminded of how ****e they smell last week when carving a couple

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Omackeral wrote: »
    Teen Spirit, and all that smells like it.

Ironically Teen Spirit was a de-oderant and thats where the name came from a friend of Kurt Cobain had grafittied it on a wall "Kurt Smells Like Teen Spirit"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Whiskey. Smells like Hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Bad breadth can be rotten.

You always know one or two people with consistently bad breadth, makes it very difficult to talk to then up close.

Often wonder why their loved ones don't give them a heads up about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Rotten peppers. A regular smell in Lidl when they'd be sitting in a big box in the warehouse waiting to be dumped, oozing this horrible sticky liquid out onto the floor.

Smelt like cheesy feet kept in a bag full of sour milk left out in the sun.

Eggy farts, the ones that could peel paint and make the surrounding air hotter and thinner, breathing becomes a struggle to the lack of oxygen.............even though the person never eats eggs :(

It's grand if it's you making them though, nice and hot and warms up the arse on a cold day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Cucumber - if someone next to me is eating cucumber I have to move, it just turns the stomach

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Not one particular item but leftover shepard's pie mistakenly left in the over for over 2 weeks (over xmas).

Smelt like nothing I ever smelt before. I'd like to think I have a strong stomach when it comes to smells (gone off milk, bad eggs, anything farm related) but this was something that will stay with me.

Very hard to describe but it was a musky rotting meat smell with gone off potato. Like I said, hard to describe but unforgettable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

My cats litter tray. I clean it often, but as soon as he drops one, Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,263 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Bovril
    I used to work in a shop and someone broke a jar of it on the floor. I was gagging the whole time i was cleaning it up.

Horrible stuff

Cat piss/sh1t.
    We went away for a week a few years ago and asked a relative to feed the cat. The cat is an outdoors cat most of the time, but the relative (in law) basically locked the cat inside and fed it once a day...

When we came home, the stink when we opened the front door... The cat has pissed and shat inside all of the kitchen cabinets that he could get into

On a equally horrific note, Boiling Lentils.. Horrible stench from those

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Tequila, makes me gag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Packet of Cheese and Onion Hula Hoops, taste nice but smell absolutely rank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Vinegar
    Stale Smoke
    Fish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Lynx
    Burned hair/skin
    Napalm in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

The smell of a lady, probably between 35-55, who attempts to mask the fact that she has been chain smoking in her closed window car for the previous hour, with strong perfume. When those smells combine... oh my...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Smell from my local kfc in blanchardstown is rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Tobacco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

When someones been for a big durty shoite and sprays flowery air freshener in a vain attempt to mask their deed.

Advertisement