Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats smell do you hate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Someone else's saliva! You know when the mother used to lick her thumb and wipe your face. I always freaked out!

Its the nastiest smell ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Dog farts

Wet dog

BO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

The stench of hot cheap burnt dirty cooking fat clinging to people's clothes skin and hair. It's like agrimy layer of misery failure disappointment that actually has an odour.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Week old unwashed fanny!!!! A woman that sat beside me on the Luas last week, good christ I nearly got sick and I had a solid blocked nose. She could raise the dead with the pong.

The watercharges are showing an effect already lol

How do you know it was week old unwashed? Could be month old:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Cigarettes.

Manure.

Garlic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Mince meat when you just start cooking it

Burning Sulfur

Spilling milk/ice cream in the car and smelling it a few days later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

On a bus you spot a drunk getting on bad enough then the smell of their
    soggy, chipper chips plus johnny blue smokes disgusting after a hard days work :(

Tuna
    Ketchup

These. *gags*

And boiled or scrambled eggs. *gags again*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Tuna- people who eat it in open plan offices/ public transport deserve a good lynching!

Smell of people who've just had a smoke- much worse than the smell of someone smoking

Peanut butter is a new one I've discovered tho it might be pregnancy related!

Completely agree on sour milk! Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

BO

Also the time an old woman sat down beside me on a bus, the smell of stale piss off her was unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,827 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Really surprised it took to getting to the second page for someone to say cabbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

Garden centers....rank!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I had a pet cat a few years ago. Once I went fishing, and this involved buying and using minced shrimp as bait for bigger fish.

I finished my fishing, came home, forgot to put away/freeze the remaining minced shrimp, stocked the cat's food and water dishes, and went out drinking. Ended up staying with friends and not coming home for two days.

When I eventually got home I found that the cat had ripped open the bag, eaten some of the shrimp and dragged the rest of it round the apartment.

Seeing as how it's not really meant to be eaten (apart from by soon-to-be-dead fish) the cat had vomited it up on the floor.

The smell of decaying minced shrimp and cat vomit is easily the worst thing I've ever smelt. I've a pretty strong stomach, but that had me retching all over the place as I cleaned it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Tuna

Whatever paper is used for newspaper i hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Hate the smell of boiled eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Black bin liner. Smell it up close.it's smells kinda like burnt human hair. Don't ask how I know this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Lavender
    patchouli
    Opium perfume - normally women of a certain age wafting through a shopping mall infecting all around them and choking them to death.

Being stuck beside someone on a bus with the smell of stale piss. Fecking rank.
    Bad breath

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

Aye, burning hair gets me. Can't stop smelling it for a good while after.

Also, there was an awful bang off the bin trucks that used to collect from a warehouse I worked in. Don't know how the poor bin men stuck it all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Fish ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Puppies poop, esp after they get their worming tablet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Oh and this one is from my grim 80's childhood. My old man was rather fond of frying up kidneys when he got back from the pub. Nothing can prepare you for that permeation of olfactory hell other than going into the bathroom the next day to be met with the mother of lingering aroma of a Guinness shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭HeyArnold320

Ran over a cat s**t with a lawnmower one hot summers day. The sudden smell was nauseating

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Guinness farts.

Yet they are simply magnificent when produced by oneself.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Jagdtiger

The Smelly Smell that Smells Smelly (HD): http://youtu.be/cj2rxFS0qDQ

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Butter - most disgusting stuff on the planet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Smelly sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Beetroot.

Purple smell off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Boiling bacon and cabbage or turnip. Hate that smell!

Or Chinese 5 Spice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Cigarette smoke. The smell from them, the smell of them on someone/anything. Disgusting. Imo
    Try Cigar smoke! 10 times worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Goat cheese, smells like week old dirty socks

Red bull

Grew up near mushroom houses. Whatever fertiliser they used in here was evil

The farts that someone in my vicinity was letting every five mins on a recent four and a half flight

Advertisement