Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British people disguised as Polish living in Ireland

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I would say the split is fairly even overall. The vast majority of Eastern Europeans would be under forty with many working in front line service industries with kids of school going age, this makes them a highly 'visible' demographic. The British would be somewhat older, more spread out age wise, would be more likely to have kids who look/sound Irish and have a wider range of jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mopey

Apparently more British people live in Ireland than Polish, yet everywhere I go in Dublin<<<< stopped reading there also thread title is misleading

• Registered Users Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Apparently more British people live in Ireland than Polish, yet everywhere I go in Dublin for as long back as I can remember its Polish accent.

Polish, Slovakian, Russian, Lithuanian etc... I know lots through extreme sports. No better people to use the natural amenities that Dublin and Ireland has to offer. Good family people, good outlook on life and great friends.
    biko wrote: »
    Nope, all the brits are in Dublin. They love it there, it's just like home.

I'm afraid you're wrong (again) about Dublin, and "the Brits'. :rolleyes:

The last cencus found that only 16% of UK nationals live in Dublin and it's suburbs. Cork county tops the poll for UK nationals. I travel a good bit around Ireland and I have found this to be the case. I have lots of dealings with rural companies and deal with many UK management living in Ireland.

All in all, it's not a bad thing on my level and dealings. Mostly positive and pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

A lot of older British and Irish people just have sort of posh well spoken accents. They dont really sound like theyre from anywhere in particular in britain or ireland, you would just know they were from somewhere in britain or ireland. So I think a lot of Elderly british people would pass as irish due to their neautral british accents

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

zetalambda wrote: »
    The butt hurt is flowing strong. :D

The truth hurts. :pac:

sausages

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

John_Rambo wrote: »
    The last cencus found that only 16% of UK nationals live in Dublin and it's suburbs. Cork county tops the poll for UK nationals. I travel a good bit around Ireland and I have found this to be the case. I have lots of dealings with rural companies and deal with many UK management living in Ireland.

This seems to be the message coming back, there are more British in Cork than in Dublin (which is the entirety of Ireland btw). Cork seems popular with them.

Advertisement