Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Kane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

He's English,and we know what the English media are like.They build players up and then knock them down when they don't live up to their expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Hodgson is completely right in my opinion with his comments about Kane. Hes proven that he deserves a place in the squad and thats it so far. He now needs to show that he fits into their system and produce the good in a different kind of environment.

If national squads were just picked on the previous 6 months form then the team wouldnt ever stay the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Hodgson is completely right in my opinion with his comments about Kane. Hes proven that he deserves a place in the squad and thats it so far. He now needs to show that he fits into their system and produce the good in a different kind of environment.

If national squads were just picked on the previous 6 months form then the team wouldnt ever stay the same

yea thats worked well for england down the years, stick with the old guard, ignore the lads in form
    sur we have won endless tournaments with this tried and tested method, oh wait..............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

yea thats worked well for england down the years, stick with the old guard, ignore the lads in form
    sur we have won endless tournaments with this tried and tested method, oh wait..............

It's worked about as well as sticking the latest flavour of the month (Frannie Jeffers, Michael Ricketts, David Nugent etc) in the team just to keep the press quiet.

A good international manager will strike the right blend of rewarding players for form, while also not immediately ditching those who have served him well at the first sign of a shinier toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Ormus wrote: »
    It's worked about as well as sticking the latest flavour of the month (Frannie Jeffers, Michael Ricketts, David Nugent etc) in the team just to keep the press quiet.

A good international manager will strike the right blend of rewarding players for form, while also not immediately ditching those who have served him well at the first sign of a shinier toy.

but thats my point, how have they served him well, apart from turning up with the wags in tow and winning sweet fcuk all

of course he will strike the right balance, we are talking about 1 striker here, not the whole team, would you not think kane deserves a chance ahead of wellbeck atm, or even sturridge (who is a good player) but has been injured for a while now

btw i dont think frannie, mickey or daithi scored 20+ goals in 6 months

anyway i couldnt give a toss how england do, its all the better for spurs if he dont play

• Advertisement

but thats my point, how have they served him well, apart from turning up with the wags in tow and winning sweet fcuk all

of course he will strike the right balance, we are talking about 1 striker here, not the whole team, would you not think kane deserves a chance ahead of wellbeck atm, or even sturridge (who is a good player) but has been injured for a while now

btw i dont think frannie, mickey or daithi scored 20+ goals in 6 months

anyway i couldnt give a toss how england do, its all the better for spurs if he dont play

I thought your point was that England have been too slow to drop the established players and haven't given enough chances to guys in form?

Anyway, yeah I definitely think Kane deserves a chance. It's an extreme case this one, as he hit form just at the beginning of an unusually long break from internationals, and he's kept that form going all the way through that break. As a result, he'll actually be one of the first names in the squad.

Hodgson might be sounding all cautious, and he might not necessarily start him in England's next game, but in reality he's rubbing his hands in glee at the prospect of deciding how to accommodate Rooney, Sturridge, Kane and Sterling in the same England team. Personally I think the answer is drop Rooney, but that'd be too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Enjoy!

The black background with the faint white dots are beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Harry Kane now one goal off top goal scorer, I'd be delighted to hear some Spurs fan has him backed for the golden boot from the start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Harry Kane now one goal off top goal scorer, I'd be delighted to hear some Spurs fan has him backed for the golden boot from the start of the season.

Is it 18 league goals now? Amazing really, fair play to him.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

this is fantastic...

https://vine.co/v/Ox5etBVOnBh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Player of the month again. Fair play to him.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31870169

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Wow what an amazing season for young Harry Kane, now scores on his England debut with his first touch.. Keep it up Harry..

I kind of like articles like this because it might decrease the frenzy of expectation that is being placed on Harry. Hope the lad can keep his feet on the ground.

I don't see any hate in there, the guy is spot on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's just a poor article, in online terms - it's clickbait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Sever Tomorrow

Roy Hodgson has given him the go ahead to play at the U21 championship this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

... just read elsewhere that Harry was given Adebayor 's jersey number this year. (#10)

... with this goal drought since he took over the jersey there could perhaps be some sort of Togolese black magic at play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

... just read elsewhere that Harry was given Adebayor 's jersey number this year. (#10)

... with this goal drought since he took over the jersey there could perhaps be some sort of Togolese black magic at play!

i saw him saying he wanted teddys old number as he was a big sheringham fan:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Worztron

He could have become Irelands greatest ever striker. :(

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Worth more than Sanchez, Pogba or Suarez?....maybe some day but not yet (in my onion of course!).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Hazzard is alomost worth more then Pogba and Muller combined and Martial is worth almost 80 million? Kane being 5th doesn't even come close to how wrong that list is IMHO

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That list is ridiculous. Where have they gotten any of these figures? No way Kane is worth more then the likes of Aguero or Suarez. And Hazard being worth €130? Give me a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

All hail Kane. The King of WHL.
    382222.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Where did they pull that list out of :eek: FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Tottenham striker Harry Kane has revealed the words that Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp whispered in his ear after his superb strike at Anfield on Saturday.

The 22-year-old netted the equaliser in the Premier League clash, and after the game Klopp embraced him to offer his admiration for such an impressive finish.
    'He just said three words: "what a strike",' Kane said. 'If I'd scored another, he might not have done that!'

Advertisement