Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Kane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mickman wrote: »
    Aw stop Man.

This is weird Mickman, seriously, I'm a supporter, not a whiner. Are you mixing me up with DublinSpur?

Or are you confused about what whining is? It's what you were doing when Kane was given a new contract...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Ormus wrote: »
    This is weird Mickman, seriously, I'm a supporter, not a whiner. Are you mixing me up with DublinSpur?

Or are you confused about what whining is? It's what you were doing when Kane was given a new contract...

Only messing man . I don't enjoy your discussions with dublin spur though

mickman wrote: »
    Only messing man . I don't enjoy your discussions with dublin spur though

Me neither

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

*removes modest cap off head*

Might take me a long time to find my posts but I definitely said, sometime towards the end of last season that Kane should be given a chance ahead of Soldado this season and that we didn't necessarily need to sign new strikers.

Therefore I am a genius. Or maybe its coz I didn't think Soldado was cutting it. Either way, I'm bloody great!

*Places modest cap back on head*
    irishmover wrote: »
    Not denying that. Someone said Kane is a nice lad but not good enough. That's exactly what I've thought of Soldado since September.

Anyway Soldado is 28 Kane 20? You just don't know what might happen Kane in the future.
    irishmover wrote: »
    Jesus lads. Give Kane a ****in chance.

Now, lets NOT speak of Paulinho. Pretty sure I got that one terribly wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Hes Kane and Able!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hes Kane and Able!!!!!

You've changed your tune :D (.. just reading the first 2-3 pages of this thread).

.. to be fair, all of us (except for Irishmover apparently :D) thought he was a squad player at best.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

.. to be fair, all of us (except for Irishmover apparently :D) thought he was a squad player at best.

I think that the "us" group might be a bit smaller than the "us" group thinks it is :pac:

You've changed your tune :D (.. just reading the first 2-3 pages of this thread).

And me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

i hold my paws up too,
    i had no hope for him, but i reserve judgement for another year,
    seen too many one season wonders, but credit the lad he has been phenomenal

Ormus wrote: »
    And me.

yes you also had his back

• Advertisement

i hold my paws up too,
    i had no hope for him, but i reserve judgement for another year,
    seen too many one season wonders, but credit the lad he has been phenomenal

I don't think he's gonna be able to maintain this current level, but if he can get close he'll be good enough for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

at the minute hes a bargain for FF.
    ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

at the minute hes a bargain for FF.
    ;)

Got him a month ago 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

One of our own building Harry Kane up for a fall, just like the English media love it... http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2015/01/harry-kane-can-break-league-goal-record-claims-ex-tottenham-star/?

Though, I immediately thought it was complete sensationalism from Clive Allen, but, if you look at the numbers - when Alan Shearer was Kane's age, he had only scored 4 goals in 36 games in the old division 1. I'm not saying that I think he will break Shearer's record, I'm just saying he has a 10 goal head-start on him so far. He actually has season and a half left of that head-start.

I personally don't see Harry Kane as a 30 PL goal a season striker, particularly in the modern game. Shearer had a partner doing a lot of the work for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭golfball37

One of our own building Harry Kane up for a fall, just like the English media love it... http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2015/01/harry-kane-can-break-league-goal-record-claims-ex-tottenham-star/?

Though, I immediately thought it was complete sensationalism from Clive Allen, but, if you look at the numbers - when Alan Shearer was Kane's age, he had only scored 4 goals in 36 games in the old division 1. I'm not saying that I think he will break Shearer's record, I'm just saying he has a 10 goal head-start on him so far. He actually has season and a half left of that head-start.

I personally don't see Harry Kane as a 30 PL goal a season striker, particularly in the modern game. Shearer had a partner doing a lot of the work for him.
    30 goal strikers in the EPL would be Ronadlo, Messi, Suarez and Aguero. I wouldn't expect Harry to get anywhere near that number as I wouldn't with 99% of the worlds strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

He is getting closer lol , smart finish today keeper no chance with the nutmeg through centre half's legs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Where would we be without his goals this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

tippspur wrote:
    Where would we be without his goals this season.

I dread to think.
    Lower bottom half of the division I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

New contract. 5.5 years. Wonder how much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It's an amazing achievement by him, he could of easily been shipped out on loan. Can he keep this form till the end of the season? I think they mentioned that only one of the twenty, came from a penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He's proved me wrong this season, and i couldn't be happier. He'll only get better as he gets more experience, so really happy we've given him a better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

He totally deserves that new deal.

Well done Harry, delighted for you. Hopefully he can keep firing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Jeez, if he keeps it up england might actually win something with him leading the line :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Jamie Carragher breaks down "one of the best pieces of play I've seen all season" from Harry Kane

https://vid.me/MhOj

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Wouldn't say all his development is down to sherwood but he has a point, gave youth a chance

Still think poch would've invested in it too though as we've seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Before tonight's games Kane is the leading forward in Fantasy Football and third overall despite not starting a match until November 9th!! In the first 10 matches he only played about 100 minutes in total. That is truly incredible.

hodgson on kane, "deserves his place in squad, but probably not in team and not ahead of wellbeck, rooney or sturidge"

and then these clowns wonder why they never win anything

If I was Kane id tell him to fcuk off and play for the republic:D but then again im biased

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hodgson is an old school manager, and will pick the players he knows. Rooney will start, regardless of his form, as will Wellbeck.

I'm quite happy not having him start just yet. Apart from injuries, if he goes and scores a goal or two for them, the English press will get even more insane with their hype for him. And while he's no Townsend (i.e. believing he's the best player ever cause the papers say it), it can easily turn a young lads head. Let us get through the season with him being brilliant, and he can play for them next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I'm sick of hearing about Kane, it was nicer when he was flying under the radar.

Advertisement