Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you pick up 5c off the street?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭themissymoo

Once in Tesco, I was at the self-service scanner. I had to run to buy a carton of milk and my Mam said she'd wait in the car in the drop-off area. I told my Mam I had money for it (she was broke). In the end, I was 1c short for the milk. Oh the embarrassment! I had to call my Mam to get her to park the car and bring up one cent. She didn't answer her phone the first few times though and the machine said twice "do you wish to continue?" A staff member came over to see if I was okay. I said I was 1c short and waiting on my Mam to bring me it. He gave me the 1c. My Mam and I were completely broke at the time (clearly), and I felt like he had given me so much more than 1c.

One cent mightn't seem like a lot, but it could be the difference between you having milk or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Once in Tesco, I was at the self-service scanner. I had to run to buy a carton of milk and my Mam said she'd wait in the car in the drop-off area. I told my Mam I had money for it (she was broke). In the end, I was 1c short for the milk. Oh the embarrassment! I had to call my Mam to get her to park the car and bring up one cent. She didn't answer her phone the first few times though and the machine said twice "do you wish to continue?" A staff member came over to see if I was okay. I said I was 1c short and waiting on my Mam to bring me it. He gave me the 1c. My Mam and I were completely broke at the time (clearly), and I felt like he had given me so much more than 1c.

One cent mightn't seem like a lot, but it could be the difference between you having milk or not.

EH I feel like a dick now after my post above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

1c is not your main problem if it's getting that bad and you're still running a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

On the dirty street? I'd pick up a ten and above, I've been burned too many times bending over to pick up a five only to realise it's a two cent coin, with everyone pointing and laughing at me.

Advertisement