Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you pick up 5c off the street?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Last_Minute

How do these coins get on the ground in the first place is the question?

I don't even wait for my change if it less than 5c, thats when someone is literally handing it to you. Forget picking something up off the dirty ground. Plebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Yes I would pick up coins, copper and all.

Last year I saved all my change in two big jars. When I counted it up I had over €1000. Those pennies add up, people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I'd pick up any coin. As they say every little helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Kichote

I believe it to be bad luck to leave the poor 1 and 2c coins lying there to be trampled on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Walking past money, even 1c, is bad luck. I pick em up, spit on them and throw them at homeless people. The look on their faces when they ping off their foreheads is priceless.

I don't, I put em in my pocket..walking past money is bad luck - treasure the little gifts, the biggies follow...

If you believe walking past coppers will have somehow have an impact on other parts your life, you are delusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Lalealea

Find a penny pick it up and all day long you'll have good luck! :-) That was the rhyme on my little saving coin box when I was little!

1 cent !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

Lalealea wrote: »
    Find a penny pick it up and all day long you'll have good luck! :-) That was the rhyme on my little saving coin box when I was little!

1 cent !

Lol, I was just about to post that. My Granny used to say it to us all the time.

5 cent and 5 cent makes 10 cent etc etc. It's all money at the end of the day. Waste not, want not.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lopesc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

lopesc wrote: »

Do you pick it up to count and make sure, then throw away if less, or have you developed a gimlet eye for counting loose change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'd I've to check with my monacle first.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Would you pick up 5c off the street?

Feck no.

That's the manservant's job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Sweet Rose wrote: »
    Lol, I was just about to post that. My Granny used to say it to us all the time.

5 cent and 5 cent makes 10 cent etc etc. It's all money at the end of the day. Waste not, want not.

Pennies make the pound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

I never pick up money...not even notes. I consider it bad luck to spend money that someone who earned it lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

How do these coins get on the ground in the first place is the question?

I throw fistfuls of them around on my day off. I like to bring a little joy to the underclasses!
    Bill Gates only bends the knee if he sees $30,000.

To be fair, Bill Gates makes $29,000 in the time it takes him to bend a knee, so the net profit is only $1k. Hardly seems worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

find a penny, pick it up, and all day it will bring you luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Heisenberg88

Depends, if its coppers I usually pick up a nurse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Lalealea wrote: »

1 cent !

How does the rest of it go?

'See a penny, leave it down and all that day you'll wear a frown'

Something like that anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Jagdtiger

I picked up a farthing from 1806 once. So to answer your question, I would pick up money of absolutely no monetary value what so ever...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

gramar wrote: »
    Does he ask for its hand in marriage?
    Here ya go, watch it, it's about coins on the street and Billy Gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bill Gates only bends the knee if he sees $30,000.
    Theres been stories of bill gates using money off coupons for food while he was worth millions or billions. Dunno if its true of not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Heisenberg88

rubadub wrote: »
    Theres been stories of bill gates using money off coupons for food while he was worth millions or billions. Dunno if its true of not.

I heard he also used to clean windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I would pick up any coin. It's not about monetary value of it, I just see it as a sign of good luck.
    I found 2 eu coin few days ago and I keep it in my jeans pocket. Somehow I can't push myself to spend it. I know, I am a dork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

There always seems to be somebody standing right up my you know what if i see money on the ground. I am always in a hurry. Otherwise I would pick it up regardless of the denoimnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Kinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The paths around here are covered in phlegm. There's no way I'm going to risk putting my hand in a puddle of phlegm for a few cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

I'd pick up anything and throw it in the bin!
    Filthy animals

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

Christ no. I'd have my butler do it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Areyouwell wrote: »
    Feck no.

That's the manservant's job.

You quoted me saying something I didn't say! :/

Advertisement